No idea what to think of this saints game

Steptide

I really thought we'd win the jets game, but thought it'd be a hard fought game all game. I still think the bills performance against the jets was a bit of a fluke. 

Having said that, I don't know what to think about the bills vs saints. Last time the saints played here (2009 I think?) the bills actually played them very well until the 4th quarter. That was a much worse bills team and a much better saints team (in my opinion). I have no idea how the saints will handle Buffalo weather and the crowd noise. 

I want more than anything to win but I can see the saints blowing us out by 25 points. Or the bills winning by 10. I seriously have no idea what to think about this game 

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I definitely think in some way this is a statement game for the bills 

As it feels every week. I wonder if SaviorPeterman is concerned? 

There is NEVER a week I’m confident!!!

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

As it feels every week. I wonder if SaviorPeterman is concerned? 

There is NEVER a week I’m confident!!!

I'm never confident either. I go into every game with zero expectations while still cheering and yelling at my tv

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I'm never confident either. I go into every game with zero expectations while still cheering and yelling at my tv

I think my TV hates me for all the yelling I do in it’s direction. :wacko:

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Every time somebody starts one of those "guess the score" threads I guess a losing score for the Bills.  I just can't seem to make myself optimistic.  But then I watch with my heart thumping and my nerves frayed.  My wife doesn't understand.  I'm not sure I do either.

7 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Every time somebody starts one of those "guess the score" threads I guess a losing score for the Bills.  I just can't seem to make myself optimistic.  But then I watch with my heart thumping and my nerves frayed.  My wife doesn't understand.  I'm not sure I do either.

This made me laugh because it's so true. I don't know why I get so worked up during games. 

Around 1994 or so, my company sent me to work down in the DC area for the better part of a year.  Met and worked with a guy that was from N.O. and a huge Saints fan going back to the Archie days. I haven't seen him since but we've stayed in contact through email mostly in season and around the draft. His thoughts on Sunday:

Saints D is for real.
Our running game is impressive.
Our passing game can be explosive.
Brees is playing smart ball.
Our special teams are scoring their own points.

Your Bills are gonna kill us.   If you can play their QB this week in fantasy you will get monster points.  We are due for a collapse.   Woe is us.   I think I'll eat some worms.

Edited by SinceThe70s

Having seen pretty much every snap of both teams — i think both are overachieving their talent a little bit with their records. I do think the saints are the better team, but travel and weather miiiiight be enough for them to come out flat.

This is probably  the first post-bounty-pill-divorce-gate season that Sean Payton has felt like the Super Bowl coach again though... so i wouldn’t bet they are flat... hope they miss on the risks they take.

Edited by NoSaint

9 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Why is it hard to win 7 games in a row? It's also hard to win 5 in a row or 6 in a row. 

Because it just doesn't happen very often anymore.  The difference between the best teams in the league and the worst is rather small.  So teams lose games unexpectedly.  And since the Saints haven't lost in 6 weeks, they are due.

Many are thinking the Bills have a decent shot at making the playoffs.  Will they make it who knows, but are they really one of the 12 best teams in the league, or are they maybe the 20 best team in the league?  But the difference between the 8th best and the 20th best isn't so huge, that with just a little luck they could be in there.