Tyrod rated #3 QB in league when under pressure

CanadianFan

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/927967270172807169

Visually, Tyrod's QB play has improved this season (I wish we use him more as a running threat). This twitter confirms it. The credit here goes to Rick Dennison IMO. I've been critical of lack of creativity of his scheme, and lack of imagination in play-calling. BUT he has improved Tyrod's QB play.

It is also worth noting that Trevor Siemian has fallen off the cliff without Rick Dennison.

Now if he can just incorporate a quarter of the schemes from last two year's offenses, we'd be in a very shape. (Of course, we're also missing that awesome O line coach Kromer, who's transformed Rams' O-line, but I digress.)

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/927967270172807169

Visually, Tyrod's QB play has improved this season (I wish we use him more as a running threat). This twitter confirms it. The credit here goes to Rick Dennison IMO. I've been critical of lack of creativity of his scheme, and lack of imagination in play-calling. BUT he has improved Tyrod's QB play.

It is also worth noting that Trevor Siemian has fallen off the cliff without Rick Dennison.

Now if he can just incorporate a quarter of the schemes from last two year's offenses, we'd be in a very shape. (Of course, we're also missing that awesome O line coach Kromer, who's transformed Rams' O-line, but I digress.)

Its tough because cordy has been playing hurt all year 

not to mention the right side of the line are premium members of the Sunday sack giveaway and are leading contributors to the cause 

This is a fine case of cherry-picking stats.  Why does "under pressure" matter more than "not under pressure"?  You have to look at Tyrod's overall body of work to fairly evaluate him.  But given that our OL isn't great in passpro, I am glad that Tyrod statistically thrives under pressure.

But look at Brady's numbers under pressure.  Unreal.  

And I don't necessarily disagree with CF.  Dennison might yet prove good for Tyrod - and the offense in general - though there have been some issues with the offense during Rico's first 8 games with the franchise.    Excited to see how the second half of the season unfolds.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

How many NFL QBs do you believe can?

Very very few. 

We either need a HoF level QB (hard to obtain), or some more talent and depth at some key positions (easier, especially with how many picks we have). 

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Pressure is on the line. Sacks are more often than not on the quarterback.

So we excuse the play of the line last thursday.....like you said pressure is on the line---right......they couldnt stop a nosebleed.....

Edited by JPP

So Tyrod has escapbility.  Why is everyone so fascinated with this?  It has not led to w’s consistently.  It seems to me that many want to believe he is the QB of the future because of all of these meaningless statistics.  At the end of the day the real question is does the guy win?  The answer so far has been: about half of the time.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

So Tyrod has escapbility.  Why is everyone so fascinated with this?  It has not led to w’s consistently.  It seems to me that many want to believe he is the QB of the future because of all of these meaningless statistics.  At the end of the day the real question is does the guy win?  The answer so far has been: about half of the time.

Actually, the answer is actually a little more than half the time.

1 hour ago, JPP said:

So we excuse the play of the line last thursday.....like you said pressure is on the line---right......they couldnt stop a nosebleed.....

No one is excusing the line play. They took a dump against the Jets. But a good QB knows that he can't take seven sacks. Especially in an offense that is far from productive. Those sacks are killers. Get the ball out.

• Like (+1) 1