Predicting the rest of the schedule

Cygnus99

New Orleans Saints Win 23 -21 but it could go either way but we are home I am gonna say a win for now  (6-3) 

At LA Chargers Loss 7-27 Bad game going out West they will be tired (6-4)

At Kansas City Chiefs Loss 14-28 (6-5)

New England Patriots Loss 21-31 (6-6)

Indianapolis Colts Win 31-10 Bills finally Snape a 3 game losing streak (7-6)

Miami Dolphins Win 35-31 (8-6)

At New England Patriots Loss 23-21 so close ! Another sweep (8-7)

At Miami Dolphins ? Not sure perhaps that game could determine a wild card so Buffalo will have to play hard to beat the Dolphins 

Bills will either be 8-8 and no playoffs 

or 

Bills will be 9-7 and just miss the playoffs 

or 

Bills will be 9-7 and just make it to the wild cards 

39 minutes ago, Cygnus99 said:

New Orleans Saints Win 23 -21 but it could go either way but we are home I am gonna say a win for now  (6-3) 

At LA Chargers Loss 7-27 Bad game going out West they will be tired (6-4)

At Kansas City Chiefs Loss 14-28 (6-5)

New England Patriots Loss 21-31 (6-6)

Indianapolis Colts Win 31-10 Bills finally Snape a 3 game losing streak (7-6)

Miami Dolphins Win 35-31 (8-6)

At New England Patriots Loss 23-21 so close ! Another sweep (8-7)

At Miami Dolphins ? Not sure perhaps that game could determine a wild card so Buffalo will have to play hard to beat the Dolphins 

Bills will either be 8-8 and no playoffs 

or 

Bills will be 9-7 and just miss the playoffs 

or 

Bills will be 9-7 and just make it to the wild cards 

That's my worst nightmare. Not good enough for playoffs, not bad enough for a real QB.

The Bills need to defeat the Saints, Chargers, Colts and Dolphins ( twice). That should be good enough to punch a playoff ticket. If they fail to win any of those games the playoffs will hinge on picking up a far less likely win @KC or vs Brady and Pats. 

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

That's my worst nightmare. Not good enough for playoffs, not bad enough for a real QB.

So the " tank" would be preferable to " the process"? Interesting angle, may be correct. Not a lot of proof for this in football though. Of course, the Bills offense could turn out to be a major hindrance down the stretch. They could go 2-6 the rest of the way. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

So the " tank" would be preferable to " the process"? Interesting angle, may be correct. Not a lot of proof for this in football though. Of course, the Bills offense could turn out to be a major hindrance down the stretch. They could go 2-6 the rest of the way. 

The tank would at least give us a chance at not only drafting a QB, but doing so without blowing all the draft capital.

But it's too late now, about 4 wins too late.

May as well try and make the dance.

21 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Saints (home) - W

Chargers (road) - W

Chiefs (road) - L

Pats* (home) - W

Colts (home) - W

Miami (home) - L

Pats* (road) - L

Miami (road) - W

10-6 and playoffs. 

Agree with this except for the Miami home game . We win that one by double digits ?

Hard to see more than 2 wins the rest of the rest of the way unless what happened Thur and was a true fluke and anomaly. My gut feeling tells me that wasn't the case though the more I watch other teams around the league.

For example both the Bengals and Bucs were crushed today and the Bills needed multiple turnovers to barely beat one of them and hang around with the other before losing. Both of these teams are flat out terrible.

Won't be surprised if this is truly 2011 all over again with out only other win coming against a team like the Colts (who actually won on the road today).

Of course I'm hoping they get to 9 or 10 wins and make the playoffs.....but being real, I think they win only 2-3 more games. Most likely vs. the Colts, one of the Miami games, and maybe they somehow win one of the other games that they will not be favored to win.

As a sad/funny note, they were 3 point favorites vs. the Jets on Thursday night.

Also, I saw a good bit of the Saints game today, and I think anybody with a brain will concede that the Saints' offense is much better than the Jets offense. AND NO's defense has also been playing well as of late. Would be very surprised to see the Bills win next Sunday.

On 11/5/2017 at 3:36 PM, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills need to defeat the Saints, Chargers, Colts and Dolphins ( twice). That should be good enough to punch a playoff ticket. If they fail to win any of those games the playoffs will hinge on picking up a far less likely win @KC or vs Brady and Pats. 

This. Exactly this. Just win Bills. Just win.

Sorry - I did not notice this thread and started my own yesterday...

I think 10-6.  In theory, 9-7 could make the playoffs - just have to beat the right teams.

I sort of expect (hope for) 2-2 or 3-1 in the final 4 division games...  If they can do that, I think they get 2 wins out of NO/LAC/Indy and a loss in KC.

Not knowing the end result - it is hard to say which loss meant the "most" to missing the playoffs.  although it is certainly NOT the loss to the Panthers.

The TNF debacle is certainly disappointing - and the margin for error is small in the NFL, just not that small.