Edwards, Fitz, Tyrod....

row_33

That's the problem. Most teams don't have one and never will as there just aren't very many to go around. So swapping out TT will likely just still leave us not having one, and good chance even worse off.

29/40 for 285 doesn't sound like he was the problem here with many passes to WR. Is he great, going to HOF, no but build a team around him.

There are QB's that can put their teams on their backs and win a game like this, Tyrod will never be one of those. Most teams do not have one of those...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

At which point the Bills continued to run the ball into that stacked box.

Asinine play calling.

Why were those plays called?

I guess the OC thought they had the best chance of succeeding?

This O is built to hide TT and showcase McCoy. When it works it is fun to watch. When it doesnt it is a nightmare.

The O line got smoked yesterday. There was one play in the third quarter where Glenn got driven 5 yards straight back... BRUTAL.

All of that aside, TT is not a starting level QB. He shares a descent amount of blame on this one. To say otherwise is folly.

It was a total team loss.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

So Tyrod is really a Hall of Famer if he could have all the right parts put around him?

I see, so you can only win with a HoF QB therefore any team foolish enough not to realize it, is spinning their wheels when they should go to the QB store and pick up a couple peytom bradgers?

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

And then, what???

Are you seriously saying our QB, who currently has the 5th best passer rating in the NFL when trailing, sucks?

We lost because our OL sucked, our WRs fumbled the ball away and dropped critical passes and our D laid an egg.

Taylor's at the bottom of the list in terms of responsibility for this game.

Excited now that we have Benjamin and that Clay looks like he's about to be back :thumbsup:

R-E-S-P-E-C-T,

something Tyrod will never ever get as a throwing QB. His stats are nothing but a lie, trentive Tyrod play it extra safe, in his mind stats matter not the win. Winners win regardless of stats. Stats don't mean anything if you can't score when the team needs the score, stats don't matter when you get them after the game is already out of reach.

This team is still in dire need of a franchise worthy QB, a winner that goes out of his way to win not caring what the stats are, winners win. The longest loser playoffless streak in all of sports continues, so does the QB purgatory. The never ending groundhog day of a team still looking for the most important position in football.

If you dont think Tyrod is a BIG part of the problem than your either oblivious or not willing to accept it. He cant recognize the rush pre-snap nor see over the line missing open receivers and inaccurate with most throws. I want him to be the guy but hes not. Well know soon when hell have Benjamin and Clay...no more excuses!

I see, so you can only win with a HoF QB therefore any team foolish enough not to realize it, is spinning their wheels when they should go to the QB store and pick up a couple peytom bradgers?

After 3 OCs failed to make Tyrod a QB it's time to move on or do we get Tyrod OC #4?

If you dont think Tyrod is a BIG part of the problem than your either oblivious or not willing to accept it. He cant recognize the rush pre-snap nor see over the line missing open receivers and inaccurate with most throws. I want him to be the guy but hes not. Well know soon when hell have Benjamin and Clay...no more excuses!

Benjamin is not a receiver to get open he is a huge guy that you can throw to when covered so don't expect Tyrod to throw to him much IMO, Tyrod only throws to wide open guys. Edited by xRUSHx

But it is More than just throwing the ball away at times. His lack of timing and anticipation in an offense predicated on timing and anticipation really puts alot of stress on the OL

Those are fair points. I'm not here to argue that TT is good.

I'm here to say he had absolutely no chance last night.

There o line got man handled in every facet of the game.

Put in Tom Brady and the Bills would still lose this game.

It was not Taylors fault in this game, not one bit. The Pass he made trying to go through the Jets player was all planned!

So it wasn't his fault for holding the ball too long, not throwing, the lack of respect for the throw to create the stacked box, the leader of the offense that is the one that drives the offense down the field? Sure its the OCs fault right? The Online that had to hold back all the extra guys every play? The WRs that were open on the outside all day long (according to Romos call). The defense that is expected to make 3 turnovers and score every week because our offense can't score that much? Maybe it's Pegs fault for not bringing in better coaches, maybe it's the stadiums fault for being on a burial ground? No wait its Fluties curse. SMH, Anybody but Tyrods fault because wow look at those stats. Sure ok.

That's a huge reach saying that about Brady because teams for one respect Brady so you won't get a stacked box, for 2 Brady would get in his players faces and make them get focused, Brady throws the ball away and doesnt take all thr sacks, also Brady us a winner that doesn't care about stats he cares about wins. Brady could have 3 INTs vrs us and still win by 30 while Tyrod could have none and have his normal 200 game with 1 TD. Truth is Tyrod isn't good enough just like when Fitz was here, winners win buddy. Edited by xRUSHx

Do we? I dont think we do with Tom Brady last night because he gets the ball out on time and a quick release helps a stuggling OL

Do we? I dont think we do with Tom Brady last night because he gets the ball out on time and a quick release helps a stuggling OL

No run game at all, no pass blocking, defence gave up almost 200 on the ground, terrible coaching, ridiculous penalties, 3 turnovers...

If Tom Brady could win that game, he would end the discussion about being the greatest ever

Is Tom Brady undefeated in his career? The way you talk about him youd think he has never lost a game. We were down 31-7 at one point and Taylor was completing over 60% of his passes when that happened. You think any QB would have won that??

Is Tom Brady undefeated in his career? The way you talk about him youd think he has never lost a game. We were down 31-7 at one point and Taylor was completing over 60% of his passes when that happened. You think any QB would have won that??

Completion percentage! JM came into the game at over

70 percent. That's a recipe for success against this defense, more so because Gaines is out.

I guess they just don't understand why the stacked box stops the run. A good QB makes teams respect the throw so the running back can be a running back.

Fitz had the same problem teams didn't respect his throws even though Fitz was a bigger gamer then Tyrod he didn't have the touch to be anything other then a fill in part time starter just like Tyrod, backups that can have decent games but not good enough to be playoff caliber for a full season. People said the same with Fitz, with a real good D they can go to the playoffs with him, sadly team after team proved nope no playoffs with Fitz at QB, the same will be true about Tyrod, after 7 years the truth is out.

Hello!

Stacked box, HELLO

Baltimore's game plan, make him be a QB, hello

Edited by xRUSHx

Tough to blame Tyrod for the loss. The trenches were so dominated that even Brady and Rodgers would have lost.

This game doesn't change anything. Tyrod is a stop-gap, the team needs a franchise QB and Peterman will start the last four games of the 2017 season.

Got to admit the trenches were dominated because the other team had extra guys up not respecting the QB.

If you watched this game and concluded that tyrod is the problem, then you don't understand football.

Actually, many of us understand the game of football very well. Taylor is the root of the offensive issues. The Jets blueprinted how every team can beat the bills. Its simple. TT is not a threat throwing the ball.....PERIOD!!!. He is not capable of throwing receivers open, in fact he will not throw to a receiver unless he is nearly wide open. Additionally, he has not short game. He seems unwilling to throw into tight windows because he does not throw slant routes or 5 to 8 yard routes in the middle of the field. Everyone that plays against him knows this and that he holds the ball to long. You give him a 6 D linemen front and have your ends set the edge so he can't scramble and you have just nullified TT's game. He can't \ Won't throw the short game and he'll have no time for medium to long passes so you'll have to rely on the run game and with the teams stacking the box because TT Sucks, running will be tough going.

Hilarious. You didn't watch the game if you think Tyrod was the issue tonight. The OL was dominated in the the run and passing game.

Yes, but that does not mean that TT still doesn't suck. See above.

Brady might not have won the game but believe the Jets gameplan would have been different. Brady and McCoy on the field would have produced more than 21 points (of which 14 were garbage time). I have a feeling if Brady were on our team this might have been the first loss though. The Bills got lost in the big lights and kept turning the ball over, the Jets rose to the ocassion

Actually, many of us understand the game of football very well. Taylor is the root of the offensive issues. The Jets blueprinted how every team can beat the bills. Its simple. TT is not a threat throwing the ball.....PERIOD!!!. He is not capable of throwing receivers open, in fact he will not throw to a receiver unless he is nearly wide open. Additionally, he has not short game. He seems unwilling to throw into tight windows because he does not throw slant routes or 5 to 8 yard routes in the middle of the field. Everyone that plays against him knows this and that he holds the ball to long. You give him a 6 D linemen front and have your ends set the edge so he can't scramble and you have just nullified TT's game. He can't \ Won't throw the short game and he'll have no time for medium to long passes so you'll have to rely on the run game and with the teams stacking the box because TT Sucks, running will be tough going.

Yes, but that does not mean that TT still doesn't suck. See above.

Wrong! You simply haven't been paying attention this season as evidenced by what I highlighted that post.

I guess they just don't understand why the stacked box stops the run. A good QB makes teams respect the throw so the running back can be a running back.

Fitz had the same problem teams didn't respect his throws even though Fitz was a bigger gamer then Tyrod he didn't have the touch to be anything other then a fill in part time starter just like Tyrod, backups that can have decent games but not good enough to be playoff caliber for a full season. People said the same with Fitz, with a real good D they can go to the playoffs with him, sadly team after team proved nope no playoffs with Fitz at QB, the same will be true about Tyrod, after 7 years the truth is out.

Stacked box, HELLO

Baltimore's game plan, make him be a QB, hello

I'm not so sure why you are so stubborn with this argument. Every single team stacks the box against the Bills.

The difference is last night the Jets owned on 1 on 1 matchups in the run and pass game. Not sure why that's so hard to understand.

Answer me this. How many QBS win games when there star running backs get under 30 yards? And how many QBs win games when their own defence gives up 200 on the ground?

Seriously how many?

Your crusade against Tyrod is pretty sad.

"Tyrod sucks because all 5 o linemen got blown up all night". That's basically his argument in other words

No run game at all, no pass blocking, defence gave up almost 200 on the ground, terrible coaching, ridiculous penalties, 3 turnovers...

If Tom Brady could win that game, he would end the discussion about being the greatest ever

Does defense give up 200 if the offense can sustsin a drive.

Do drives die with a QB that cant audible at the line?

Does the offense continue running same very specific game plan built to hide a flawed QB with Brady?

Yippie the completion percentage defense for an ultra safe QB that doesnt throw the risky throws.

I'm not so sure why you are so stubborn with this argument. Every single team stacks the box against the Bills.

The difference is last night the Jets owned on 1 on 1 matchups in the run and pass game. Not sure why that's so hard to understand.

Answer me this. How many QBS win games when there star running backs get under 30 yards? And how many QBs win games when their own defence gives up 200 on the ground?

Seriously how many?

"Tyrod sucks because all 5 o linemen got blown up all night". That's basically his argument in other words

Yep. Makes no sense. That was one putrid performance by the OL with no exceptions for any of them.

Seriously how many?

Using Pro Football References game finder I found that there were ZERO games where both these factors happened and a team won.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&year_min=2000&year_max=2017&game_type=R&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&temperature_gtlt=lt&game_result=W&c1stat=rush_yds&c1comp=lte&c1val=30&c2stat=rush_yds_opp&c2comp=gte&c2val=200&c5val=1.0&order_by=game_date

And there were 39 games where that happened, all losses:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&year_min=2000&year_max=2017&game_type=R&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&temperature_gtlt=lt&game_result=L&c1stat=rush_yds&c1comp=lte&c1val=30&c2stat=rush_yds_opp&c2comp=gte&c2val=200&c5val=1.0&order_by=game_date

So I stand by what I said. No QB in the league wins this game.

A typical tweet for all his apologists that never want to put any blame on him

Don't give me that! The OL was dominated at the LOS all game long in both the run and pass game. No QB would succeed under those circumstances.

And the typical response from his apologists. Good i have seen all the recycled excuses and responses defend him took longer than i thought it would

Just stop!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Does defense give up 200 if the offense can sustsin a drive.

Do drives die with a QB that cant audible at the line?

Does the offense continue running same very specific game plan built to hide a flawed QB with Brady?

No probably not 200 if they can sustain drives, but probably still 150 plus. Don't excuse the defence on this one.

Why don't you just acknowledge that the Bills got owned in coaching and in the trenches last night?

I get you think Tyrod sucks but come on dude.

Want to know 2 bills possessions in a row?

First drive of the half. 2 runs for 1 yard, 3rd down the right tackle kills Mills and hits Tyrod as he throws. Incomplete.

2nd drive, 1st down run for 0 gain. False start which put the Bills into 2nd and 14 on their own 1 yard line.

I'm guessing those 2 non sustained drives were his fault?

Nothing to do with piss poor play calling and getting owned at the line?

Well I know you're going to say yes because you will find any reason to blame him

Don't give me that! The OL was dominated at the LOS all game long in both the rub and pass game. No QB would succeed under those circumstances.

Just stop!

Again yes the OL was beat alot. However what dont you get. When you have to have a very specific offense for a flawed QB these games will happen. He was back to his indecisive self with happy feet in the pocket. And yes that is your typical road TT. A QB at his ceiling that is just not good enough.

No probably not 200 if they can sustain drives, but probably still 150 plus. Don't excuse the defence on this one.

Why don't you just acknowledge that the Bills got owned in coaching and in the trenches last night?

I get you think Tyrod sucks but come on dude.

Want to know 2 bills possessions in a row?

First drive of the half. 2 runs for 1 yard, 3rd down the right tackle kills Mills and hits Tyrod as he throws. Incomplete.

2nd drive, 1st down run for 0 gain. False start which put the Bills into 2nd and 14 on their own 1 yard line.

I'm guessing those 2 non sustained drives were his fault?

Nothing to do with piss poor play calling and getting owned at the line?

Well I know you're going to say yes because you will find any reason to blame him

No again it was a total team loss. I never said anything else did I? Taylor is a big reason as well though.

All phases need to play above avg for him to win. When defense struggles count the loss. He doesnt elevate play of those around him. It is vice versa others around him need to elevate his play

Is that what you want at QB going forward?

Again yes the OL was beat alot. However what dont you get. When you have to have a very specific offense for a flawed QB these games will happen. He was back to his indecisive self with happy feet in the pocket. And yes that is your typical road TT. A QB at his ceiling that is just not good enough.

No again it was a total team loss. I never said anything else did I? Taylor is a big reason as well though.

All phases need to play above avg for him to win. When defense struggles count the loss. He doesnt elevate play of those around him. It is vice versa others around him need to elevate his play

Is that what you want at QB going forward?

Buddy, I am not arguing about TTs career. I'm talking about this game last night. He had absolutely no chance

Using Pro Football References game finder I found that there were ZERO games where both these factors happened and a team won.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&year_min=2000&year_max=2017&game_type=R&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&temperature_gtlt=lt&game_result=W&c1stat=rush_yds&c1comp=lte&c1val=30&c2stat=rush_yds_opp&c2comp=gte&c2val=200&c5val=1.0&order_by=game_date

And there were 39 games where that happened, all losses:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&year_min=2000&year_max=2017&game_type=R&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&temperature_gtlt=lt&game_result=L&c1stat=rush_yds&c1comp=lte&c1val=30&c2stat=rush_yds_opp&c2comp=gte&c2val=200&c5val=1.0&order_by=game_date

So I stand by what I said. No QB in the league wins this game.

We actually got 45 rushing yards if you dont include Tyrods option play, and the Jets got 194. So I did the search again with those factors. Out of 110 games there were only 2 wins. 108 losses. Nobody wins when your opponent can run all over you, and you cant run on them.

Buddy, I am not arguing about TTs career. I'm talking about this game last night. He had absolutely no chance

This is inarguable when you look at game history. We couldnt run all day but people want to act like Tyrod is more to blame than the offensive line. Pretty obvious who here has an agenda.

Again that is not true. But to each his own. If he can make the throws that were needed to get the Jets out of the defense they were running then the OL looks better the Running game looks better and the Defense looks better.

Look at the missed tackles. The Defense knew they had to create turnovers so alot of those missed tackles where going for the strip

We actually got 45 rushing yards if you dont include Tyrods option play, and the Jets got 194. So I did the search again with those factors. Out of 110 games there were only 2 wins. 108 losses. Nobody wins when your opponent can run all over you, and you cant run on them.

This is inarguable when you look at game history. We couldnt run all day but people want to act like Tyrod is more to blame than the offensive line. Pretty obvious who here has an agenda.

Ahhh and the agenda talk. Yep obviously some have an agenda to want a Better QB.

2 wins out of 110 games. Tell me again how a better QB would have won this game.

It is called looking ar the game as a big picture view.

With a Better QB does the game play out like it did? Or did it play out that way because we have a flawed QB?

With a better passing QB are there 9-10 in the box and at least 5 coming on every pass rush and a 6th assigned as a spy? Or does the team respect the throwing of a better QB?

Does the defense let up 200 yards on the ground if they were not on the field forever and trying with every tackle to cause a fumble to help an offense that cannot move the ball?