Official fire Rick Dennison thread

1 minute ago, Jerome007 said:

At least he was opened to players input at one time earlier in the year and the offense improved right away. He (they) should listen to their players more! And tailor the plays around Taylor(doh) and the players, instead of forcing them to fit a damn system.

...uh oh....he let the inmates run the prison and they were CORRECT.....LOL.....now we have Warden backlash......this guy is a clown.........

3 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Dumber than the one where the guy said McDermott won't last long because our qb's are ?? 

Who said that?

3 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Dumber than the one where the guy said McDermott won't last long because our qb's are ?? 

Oh... and pssst...

I'm not the only one lumping McDermott potentially (that last word matters... look it up if you don't know it :flirt:) in with Dennison in this discussion.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/199128-dcs-maiorana-dennisons-offense-uninspiring/

Is all this hostility you have stemming from your unfettered public desire to draft Trubisky and how bad he looks? 0:)

Edited by transplantbillsfan

53 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Who said that?

Oh... and pssst...

I'm not the only one lumping McDermott potentially (that last word matters... look it up if you don't know it :flirt:) in with Dennison in this discussion.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/199128-dcs-maiorana-dennisons-offense-uninspiring/

Is all this hostility you have stemming from your unfettered public desire to draft Trubisky and how bad he looks? 0:)

Idk why you keep telling me about Trubisky, but try to offer up Tyrod for him and enjoy getting hung up on.  

Rookie bashing is fun, Tyrod > Goff last year too huh ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️    Those were fun CoT statements while they lasted.   ?

Keep blaming Dennison and every other member of the team for your crush's failures.   

I look forward to the innovative new excuses. 

Change your name to transparenttyrodfan if you have any free time later.   

Edited by Air it out Fitzy

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is just one of the dumbest threads I've ever read...

I was fine letting this post die and was going to let the issue rest, but man... I just had to pull my chatty cathy doll string and keep the sheer stupidity of this thread going.

There you go, fixed it for you. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/1/2017 at 11:16 AM, ScottLaw said:

Give me a break.

Eli is having an AWFUL season because he has a bad offensive line, no running game and scrub WRs. 

Sound familiar? 

If you think Eli is having an awful season, what do you think of Tyrods season? 

On 12/2/2017 at 1:31 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

As for Taylor in Kansas City, I'm not complaining about it and don't really feel the need to defend his play there because it was a pretty good game by him.

Yeah, it was a pretty good game by Tyrod in KC, as long as you don't mind an almost total lack of explosiveness and long throws. Which is exactly the point you've been trying to dispute here.

6.31 yards per attempt. That's a Pop Warner number. But it's OK by you. A passer averaging 6.31 would be 32nd in the league this year. But it was a pretty good game by him. 

Thank goodness the defense played spectacular.

On 12/2/2017 at 4:08 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes, seriously, you were wrong with your 3rd down numbers.

Thurm, I'm going to take you on a little journey of the conversation you and I had that led you to this careless mistake:

First, there was this post, which was built within a larger post, but this was the ONLY part of the post you responded to:

Then, you replied with this.  Clearly you were referring to the Footballoutsiders ranking in that had him ranked 29th in ALEX as of November 17th and also provides you with a chart giving you 3rd and short, 3rd and medium, and 3rd and long rankings.  And by the way, you didn't even cite your yardage correctly considering it says directly in the article: "Like in past years, I have provided a "heat map" to show how the quarterbacks stack up in the different third-down splits: short (1 or 2 yards to go), medium (3 to 6 yards) and long (7-plus yards)."  Plus...

ALL OF THIS IS FROM WEEK 10.

Sheesh... you criticize me for reading the article, which I admit I didn't other than the bits about ALEX and Tyrod Taylor.  Did you read it?

This was my post responding to your statement that those were his 3rd down conversion rankings by range:

And by the way, Taylor is currently tied for 24th in ALEX.  He's not 29th.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

Thank you for playing :thumbsup:

So McCoy looks like he's slowed down to you?

On 12/2/2017 at 4:08 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes, seriously, you were wrong with your 3rd down numbers.

Thurm, I'm going to take you on a little journey of the conversation you and I had that led you to this careless mistake:

First, there was this post, which was built within a larger post, but this was the ONLY part of the post you responded to:

Then, you replied with this.  Clearly you were referring to the Footballoutsiders ranking in that had him ranked 29th in ALEX as of November 17th and also provides you with a chart giving you 3rd and short, 3rd and medium, and 3rd and long rankings.  And by the way, you didn't even cite your yardage correctly considering it says directly in the article: "Like in past years, I have provided a "heat map" to show how the quarterbacks stack up in the different third-down splits: short (1 or 2 yards to go), medium (3 to 6 yards) and long (7-plus yards)."  Plus...

ALL OF THIS IS FROM WEEK 10.

Sheesh... you criticize me for reading the article, which I admit I didn't other than the bits about ALEX and Tyrod Taylor.  Did you read it?

This was my post responding to your statement that those were his 3rd down conversion rankings by range:

And by the way, Taylor is currently tied for 24th in ALEX.  He's not 29th.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

Thank you for playing :thumbsup:

This is pretty much completely impenetrable. Seriously, not understandable.

I did get a few things, though. First, I didn't put in that the figures from the article were a week or two old. Fair enough. My mistake.

Second, I keep saying that he's better ranked at shorter range on third downs, and you keep saying, "No, look at the Washington Post things," and when you look they show exactly that he's better ranked at short and medium than he is at long ones.

Third, you're admitting that Tyrod's 24th in Alex and apparently this thrills you. You're like "Yeeeeeeeehaw, my guy's #24 in the league at throwing as far as the sticks on third down.  #24 of 32!!! Yeah, baby!!"

You do know that 24th sucks, right?

The guy's ALEX plummeted from his first year to his second year in Buffalo, and plunged again from his second to this year.

And again, that doesn't seem like a surprise when you look at what happened on drive-ending third downs in the KC game. Four were on called runs, and seven were on called passes. On the seven called passes, there were three incompletions, an eleven yard sack on a 3rd-and-one, and three completed passes that didn't make first downs. That includes a 3rd-and-nine completed for seven yards and a 3rd-and-four completed for three yards.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I did get a few things, though. First, I didn't put in that the figures from the article were a week or two old. Fair enough. My mistake.

Second, I keep saying that he's better ranked at shorter range on third downs, and you keep saying, "No, look at the Washington Post things," and when you look they show exactly that he's better ranked at short and medium than he is at long ones.

Third, you're admitting that Tyrod's 24th in Alex and apparently this thrills you. You're like "Yeeeeeeeehaw, my guy's #24 in the league at throwing as far as the sticks on third down.  #24 of 32!!! Yeah, baby!!"

The guy's ALEX plummeted from his first year to his second year in Buffalo, and plunged again from his second to this year.

And again, that doesn't seem like a surprise when you look at what happened on drive-ending third downs in the KC game. Four were on called runs, and seven were on called passes. On the seven called passes, there were three incompletions, an eleven yard sack on a 3rd-and-one, and three completed passes that didn't make first downs. That includes a 3rd-and-nine completed for seven yards and a 3rd-and-four completed for three yards.

I hadn't realized that but that is putrid. How does a QB keep his job failing that bad? 

When the QB fails like that it makes everyone else look bad also. Coaches won't stand for a QB making them look incompetent for very long.  

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

I hadn't realized that but that is putrid. How does a QB keep his job failing that bad? 

When the QB fails like that it makes everyone else look bad also. Coaches won't stand for a QB making them look incompetent for very long.  

Hes only keeping a starting job because Peterman and Webb are the other options.   

Prob see Petey again after Tyrod fails to take chances down by multiple scores again vs the Pats 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

This was incredibly simple, Thurm. Just leave it as the bold. You made a mistake. You were wrong. You were.

You don't have to follow it up with a series of non sequiturs just to try to save face with people who haven't been following this conversation.

That's okay, though. You've finally admitted you're wrong even if there's a ton of fluff that really has little to do with what we were actually talking about and I was arguing surrounding it.

And even if where you admit you were wrong you twisted the truth. 3 weeks old. Not a week or two.

That's a start  thumbsup:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This thread needs to be back on the main page again.  

Dennison needs to go....yesterday

i don't like Dennison as OC, either, but today he did a much better job on the game plan and play calls.  Not sure this one can be pinned on him.  But there were plenty others, such as the Carolina and Cincy losses.