ESPN: The Great Tyrod Taylor Debate

YoloinOhio

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To lay this stat to rest:

Taylor's detractors have echoed this, noting that he rarely throws for more than 250 yards a game and that when the Bills fall behind by four points or more, his record is 3-16. (Most QBs have losing records in this scenario; Aaron Rodgers is 6-13 since 2015.)

I know others have posted it but it perfectly sums up my feelings regarding the situation:

"Dumping Tyrod Taylor because you think you can do better is like hitting a 17 in blackjack," Monson says. "You can do better than your hand, but you probably won't."

Love watching this guy play, love rooting for him, love him as the qb of this team.

If you're already firmly entrenched on this topic, you're not really adding anything to this thread.

Just sayin'

Is there really anyone on this board who isn't entrenched?

I thought it was a very good article save for the interviews of the people at Duff's that make Bills fans look like idiots.

He's a really good, sometimes great, qb. Just unconventionally so.

As someone above posted, people are stuck with their prejudices on what a qb should look like. Luckily there are NFL people who feel the same way so that's why we have him for a relatively cheap contract.

Build a team around this guy and he'll take us to the promised land.

#SaviorTaylor

Edited by QB Bills

but they interviewed Savior Peterman and we learned SP is a woman.

:lol:

2 things this year boggle my mind this year. The Peterman hype - a 5th rounder that looked OK in the preseason is guaranteed to produce at least at a Tyrod level. You know the 5th rounder can come in and be one of the 20 best qbs in the league. :rolleyes: Then the Reilly hype. I have never heard such clamoring for a PS guy before. I would wager most fans can't name anyone on the PS besides him. Great white hope at work with that one.

I seriously can't believe the y put "he blows" in an ESPN article. Can you imagine Walter Kronkite reading the news "and a witness stated he blows" :lol:

I really did appreciate the article though. I think it laid out both sides of the argument very well. Here's to a win tonight and continued team success!

2 things this year boggle my mind this year. The Peterman hype - a 5th rounder that looked OK in the preseason is guaranteed to produce at least at a Tyrod level. You know the 5th rounder can come in and be one of the 20 best qbs in the league. :rolleyes: Then the Reilly hype. I have never heard such clamoring for a PS guy before. I would wager most fans can't name anyone on the PS besides him. Great white hope at work with that one.

I seriously can't believe the y put "he blows" in an ESPN article. Can you imagine Walter Kronkite reading the news "and a witness stated he blows" :lol:

I really did appreciate the article though. I think it laid out both sides of the argument very well. Here's to a win tonight and continued team success!

If you ask me IMHO ... The Peterman "hype" started because of all of the Tank Talk.

If the Bills were going to tank, then why keep a QB that will get us numerous wins?

Then people got upset and it escalated from there.

3BDA240A00000578-4089052-image-a-62_1483

If you ask me IMHO ... The Peterman "hype" started because of all of the Tank Talk.

If the Bills were going to tank, then why keep a QB that will get us numerous wins?

Then people got upset and it escalated from there.

The Peterman "hype" started when he looked good in the preseason and the General Manager heaped praise on him.

Keep Tyrod for next year since $16mil isnt a lot for a decent starting QB these days. Draft a QB early if given the opportunity. Go into next season with Tyrod as the starter with the rookie developing behind him. Re-evaluate how things are going next year. Or, if Tyrod craps the bed the last 9 games then dump him and move on. Its seriosuly not that complicated. This isnt some great debate.

Edited by Bangarang

When there's teams in the league sitting on pocket kings, you probably do have to hit on 17.

That's probably one of the dumbest things you've ever posted...and you've got a large catalog from which to choose.

Keep Tyrod for next year since $16mil isnt a lot for a decent starting QB these days. Draft a QB early if given the opportunity. Go into next season with Tyrod as the starter with the rookie developing behind him. Re-evaluate how things are going next year. Or, if Tyrod craps the bed the last 9 games then dump him and move on. Its seriosuly not that complicated. This isnt some great debate.

It really is this simple. I think everyone, Bills staff included, is on the same page.