OJ Simpson handing out candy on Halloween in a Bills jersey

What irresponsible parents. Regardless of his accomplishments on the football field, as great as they were, I would NEVER allow my kid to approach that man.

Right, b/c OJ is going to kill your kid.

I don't think so. Bruce was the greatest ever at his position, Juice was not.

I would disagree with that.

Depends on how you define "position".

Bruce was not even the best defensive lineman in the game at the time he played, let alone all time.

That was Reggie White.

If you argue Reggie and Bruce were 2 different positions, OK. Was Bruce greatest edge pass rusher of all time?

Not sure about that. I don't think I'd have him #1, even if he has #1 amount of sacks.

OJ is on the super short list of greatest RBs ever...very few on the same list. Jim Brown, OJ, Barry Sanders, Sweetness...anyone else?

I would say this: no doubt the 2 best Bills players of all time are OJ and Bruce.

I think OJ beats out Bruce, but it is arguable, subjective, and a good debate.

I would imagine OJ might lose this battle in the eyes of many Bills fans, for 2 simple reasons:

1) OJ is a murderer so people don't like him

2) OJ played a lot longer ago than Bruce and many current Bills fans remember Bruce, but not OJ

Both those factors probably bias the result in favor of Bruce.

I say OJ.

The thing to remember about OJ is that he wasn't just a great runner. He was the "Wayne Gretzky" sort of player who routinely did things you have never seen any player do before, and who astounds you routinely with what you see him accomplish on a football field. Like where you are looking to your buddy and saying "Did you see what OJ just did? I can't believe that."

Very, very few athletes play on that level, in any sport.

I would say Bo Jackson was that type of athlete, among very few others.

Edited by Fadingpain

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, b/c OJ is going to kill your kid.

I would disagree with that.

Depends on how you define "position".

Bruce was not even the best defensive lineman in the game at the time he played, let alone all time.

That was Reggie White.

If you argue Reggie and Bruce were 2 different positions, OK. Was Bruce greatest edge pass rusher of all time?

Not sure about that. I don't think I'd have him #1, even if he has #1 amount of sacks.

OJ is on the super short list of greatest RBs ever...very few on the same list. Jim Brown, OJ, Barry Sanders, Sweetness...anyone else?

I would say this: no doubt the 2 best Bills players of all time are OJ and Bruce.

I think OJ beats out Bruce, but it is arguable, subjective, and a good debate.

I would imagine OJ might lose this battle in the eyes of many Bills fans, for 2 simple reasons:

1) OJ is a murderer so people don't like him

2) OJ played a lot longer ago than Bruce and many current Bills fans remember Bruce, but not OJ

Both those factors probably bias the result in favor of Bruce.

I say OJ.

I would argue that Reggie White was a slightly better pass rusher than Bruce was, but Bruce was a far better run defender than Reggie White was. And since half the plays were running plays in those days, Bruce was a better player and DE than White, and why many consider him to be the best ever DE.

I'll never understand the grief people give OJ.

Dude thrilled people on the football field for years. Had a great career making commercials. Created iconic movie characters.

He's entertained the world for decades in a manner most people will never achieve.

Dude has one bad day, and everyone is on his case.

#oppressed

not the evidence.

:lol:

Ridiculous statement.

What irresponsible parents. Regardless of his accomplishments on the football field, as great as they were, I would NEVER allow my kid to approach that man.

Give me a break. What do you think he's going to do to them?

Much has been said about OJ and many jokes have been made.

But if you studied the murder trial closely, it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt that OJ murdered those 2 victims....in a remarkably brutal, violent way.

He nearly decapitated one of them; was it Nicole? He slit her throat so deeply he basically nearly cut through her neck entirely.

It still amazes me. I didn't see it coming, even if OJ was obviously a very flawed human with a track record of treating his wife like garbage and lots of other scummy things.

But man, dude is a real sociopath similar to some hardcore serial killlers.

I can see why people are just opposed to anything OJ and refuse to cut him any slack in terms of his playing accomplishments.

Like they just want to revise history to erase him. I can see why.

Give me a break. What do you think he's going to do to them?

If you wan't your kids to accept candy from scumbags, great go ahead. What do you tell your kids when they discover that you've sent them up to the front door of a murderer and larcenous thug? How do you explain that to their grandparents. It's almost like telling them that you condone what he's done. You want to raise your kids thinking that his past monstrous behavior is OK? I don't.

If you wan't your kids to accept candy from scumbags, great go ahead. What do you tell your kids when they discover that you've sent them up to the front door of a murderer and larcenous thug? How do you explain that to their grandparents. It's almost like telling them that you condone what he's done. You want to raise your kids thinking that his past monstrous behavior is OK? I don't.

get over it man. dragging this out is ridiculous. points have been made and taken. let it go

Ironic that a knife weilding murderer wore a "normal guy" costume for Halloween.

"Mommy let that man give me candy. That must mean it's okay to murder people!"

Yeah, that sounds like a reasonable concern. :lol:

I just can't believe that there are people that think he is innocent lol

at this point, it really doesn't matter anymore. those that brought their kids there knew who he was, they must not of felt threatened. it's okay to add your take on it but over and over is not going to change a thing. I get it, he's a murderer and you would not take your kids to his house, yadda, yadda, yadda

Jeff Eisenband @JeffEisenband

2017 hasn't been weird enough, so here's OJ (in his own jersey) dapping up trick-or-treaters, taking selfies, signing footballs. #Halloween

at this point, it really doesn't matter anymore. those that brought their kids there knew who he was, they must not of felt threatened. it's okay to add your take on it but over and over is not going to change a thing. I get it, he's a murderer and you would not take your kids to his house, yadda, yadda, yadda

Jeff Eisenband @JeffEisenband

2017 hasn't been weird enough, so here's OJ (in his own jersey) dapping up trick-or-treaters, taking selfies, signing footballs. #Halloween

I'm sorry. I get a little hot and bothered when people try to deny reality.

I'm sorry. I get a little hot and bothered when people try to deny reality.

the reality was about what, 23 years ago? unless you can go back in to time, you can not change the reality that he was acquitted. now, 23 years later, after spending some time in prison, he is a free man that was handing out candy last night.

I personally can not say he did or did not. I was not there to witness anything. I did however follow the trial and could only speculate his guilt or innocence since they were unable to convict.

so, does anyone really know the reality or is it just mere speculation?