Brandon Beane Presser to Address the Benjamin Trade

Hes not my favorite but hes a good option. Id rather pay sammy but at least we aggressively addressed the hole.

So it ends up being:

Sammy, cardale and a 3

For Benjamin, Gaines and a 2

I think the add ons make up for the drop from Sammy to KB

More like Cardale Jones and Rondald Darby for Jordan Matthews and Kelvin Benjamin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beane also said he was the top rated on his board when they drafted. Said he had a middle first round grade on him

Will fly in tonight

Locker room and coaches will love him

Is excited to come here and fresh start

So does that mean Beane had a higher grade on him than Sammy, Evans, ODB and Cooks?

@WGR550

Beane- If you're gonna talk about a guy you can't just call up a team and offer them something embarrassing. You get a bad rap that way.

Beane- You have to come up with a value that makes sense for you and makes sense for them. We look at this as a win for both teams.

That makes sense. Fishing around for players offering scraps in return is probably frowned upon in GM circles. If they did ask about Bryant it probably wasn't for a few rolls of tape .

So does that mean Beane had a higher grade on him than Sammy, Evans, ODB and Cooks?

Pretty sure he means KB was the highest player left on their board when they got to pick 28. All the guys you mentioned were gone by that pick.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Hes not my favorite but hes a good option. Id rather pay sammy but at least we aggressively addressed the hole.

So it ends up being:

Sammy, cardale and a 3

Isn't it Cardale and Darby for Mathews and Benjamin?

So it ends up being:

Sammy, cardale and a 3

Sammy is a diva who aspired to the NY-DC-LA-DALLAS markets. There is no amount of money that would have kept him in Bflo. I'm glad we got something for someone we were going to lose anyway.

Or could have meant they didn't really consider Sammy as knew he'd be gone by the time they even got close to picking?

Surprised- that means he had a late first or lower on sammy?

If so I think that likely explains the trade in August more than attitude. Would be very insightful into what his prototype wr is.

@JonScottTV

"You're always looking to make a move to win today and win tomorrow and I think this answers both of those." - #Bills GM Brandon Beane

@MatthewFairburn

Brandon Beane said he was deeply involved in the scouting of Kelvin Benjamin while in Carolina.

@viccarucci

#Bills GM Brandon Beane on Kelvin Benjamin: "I know him well. He's tough, a blue-collar kid. He'll fit in well here."

@WGR550

Beane- Size, and experience, excellent hands. When he's covered. He's still open. He's not a speed guy. He'll win the contested balls.

@ChrisBrownBills

Beane: not sure if he'll suit up Thursday night. That's up to Coach McDermott. #Bills

@viccarucci

Beane: "I was involved w talks w a lot of people, going back to Marcell (deal). Don't want to get into that." #Bills (Question on Martavis Bryant)

Sounds like they will be serious about extending him next year. Does this make resigning Matthews a low priority? I do like the idea of a Benjamin/Matthews/Jones core, but not much speed there. 7 games in, still firmly in the playoff hunt with a plethora of picks and potential moves ahead when the off-season comes. What a great time to be alive!