Brandon Beane Presser to Address the Benjamin Trade

Seriously, how do these guys have jobs? Do they know where the bodies are? Is it really that hard to get better people? Seems like a no brainer

I think they get an undeserved bad rap. People come on spouting ignorance and having nothing to back up their arguments, so they give them the business for it. Answering "so what do we do with the QB situation going forward?" over and over and over for 17 years has to get a little tedious and frustrating.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they get an undeserved bad rap. People come on spouting ignorance and having nothing to back up their arguments, so they give them the business for it. Answering "so what do we do with the QB situation going forward?" over and over and over for 17 years has to get a little tedious and frustrating.

I feel bad for them. They should get a job covering a better team and we will get new people who aren't so depressing

A friend of mine says Schopp was kind of a dick on the WGR interview, can anyone confirm?

Not sure he was a dick to him, just the usual downer crap. "When a team trades a player like Benjamin, don't you worry about why? Like, is there something with him?"

It felt like he was trying to find out how or why this was a bad trade. It wasn't awful, but pretty typical of Schopp.

Not sure he was a dick to him, just the usual downer crap. "When a team trades a player like Benjamin, don't you worry about why? Like, is there something with him?"

It felt like he was trying to find out how or why this was a bad trade. It wasn't awful, but pretty typical of Schopp.

Sounds more objective to me.

So do the Bills cut 3 of their free agent signings from the summer to recoup a 3rd round comp pick. Benjamin makes Holmes expendable and Ducasse has been someone they should've cut months ago, then just one (I think) more cut and it could get them a 3rd round comp pick.

J/k, no this will not happen. Benjamin doesn't play special teams like Holmes does. Ducasse and DiMarco are starters, so no, they're not getting cut. Hauschka has been doing very well, he's not getting cut.

Just stop with the comp pick. It's not happening, get over it.

J/k, no this will not happen. Benjamin doesn't play special teams like Holmes does. Ducasse and DiMarco are starters, so no, they're not getting cut. Hauschka has been doing very well, he's not getting cut.

Just stop with the comp pick. It's not happening, get over it.

No way I could see Hauschka getting cut. He's been a great signing. The three I was thinking might be on the chopping block were Ducasse, Holmes, and Ryan Davis (If he is one that factors into comp picks). You make a good point about Holmes playing special teams though, which is certainly something that McDermott values.

@JonScottTV

"You're always looking to make a move to win today and win tomorrow and I think this answers both of those." - #Bills GM Brandon Beane

@MatthewFairburn

Brandon Beane said he was deeply involved in the scouting of Kelvin Benjamin while in Carolina.

@viccarucci

#Bills GM Brandon Beane on Kelvin Benjamin: "I know him well. He's tough, a blue-collar kid. He'll fit in well here."

@WGR550

Beane- Size, and experience, excellent hands. When he's covered. He's still open. He's not a speed guy. He'll win the contested balls.

@ChrisBrownBills

Beane: not sure if he'll suit up Thursday night. That's up to Coach McDermott. #Bills

@viccarucci

Beane: "I was involved w talks w a lot of people, going back to Marcell (deal). Don't want to get into that." #Bills (Question on Martavis Bryant)

....pretty much tells you what types they roll out the WELCOME mat for.....I'm on board............

Sounds more objective to me.

You can be objective and still not ask questions where you are looking for negative answers. He could have easily asked, what does Benjamin bring to the team that you're excited about. Instead they were acting like there was something bad about the trade they were missing and they were trying to find out what.

Like I said, felt like pretty typical Schopp to me.

No way I could see Hauschka getting cut. He's been a great signing. The three I was thinking might be on the chopping block were Ducasse, Holmes, and Ryan Davis (If he is one that factors into comp picks). You make a good point about Holmes playing special teams though, which is certainly something that McDermott values.

Davis does count against it and I don't see him going anywhere either. I guess if they moved Alexander to full time DE, they could use him as the 4th DE. With the way McDermott likes to rotate to d-line so much, I don't see them cutting a solid rotational guy.

Unless injuries start piling up and they go on a losing streak, I don't see them cutting these guys. They aren't fringe players like Joe Banyard or Deon Lacey.

I'm sorry if my initial reply came off as aggressive. The comp pick thing is sort of a pet peeve of mine.

Edited by elroy16

An undeserved bad rap? Really? Schopp can't stand it when people start by saying hello how are you guys? It's just human nature to start your conversation with that and he has zero tolerance for those people and bulldog has to quickly interject we're good what's on your mind. Schopp. 100 per cent pure !@#$.

You can be objective and still not ask questions where you are looking for negative answers. He could have easily asked, what does Benjamin bring to the team that you're excited about. Instead they were acting like there was something bad about the trade they were missing and they were trying to find out what.

Like I said, felt like pretty typical Schopp to me.

Davis does count against it and I don't see him going anywhere either. I guess if they moved Alexander to full time DE, they could use him as the 4th DE. With the way McDermott likes to rotate to d-line so much, I don't see them cutting a solid rotational guy.

Unless injuries start piling up and they go on a losing streak, I don't see them cutting these guys. They aren't fringe players like Joe Banyard or Deon Lacey.

I'm sorry if my initial reply came off as aggressive. The comp pick thing is sort of a pet peeve of mine.

Yeah, McDermott definitely likes to rotate the D-line unlike when the Ryan Bros were here. I actually think they should be moving Lorax to DE with the emergence of Milano... when Humber comes back I don't want to see Milano sent to the bench.

And no problem man, been reading here for many years and understand that there are hot topics and the comp pick discussion is certainly one of them... And it usually is a ridiculous conversation as people are always suggesting cutting all kinds of good players to get us a 5th or 6th round comp pick.

Yeah, McDermott definitely likes to rotate the D-line unlike when the Ryan Bros were here. I actually think they should be moving Lorax to DE with the emergence of Milano... when Humber comes back I don't want to see Milano sent to the bench.

And no problem man, been reading here for many years and understand that there are hot topics and the comp pick discussion is certainly one of them... And it usually is a ridiculous conversation as people are always suggesting cutting all kinds of good players to get us a 5th or 6th round comp pick.

I think we'll see Lorax at LB for early downs and then rotate to rusher for passing downs. He already does that a bit, but like you said, hopefully we continue to see Milano out there. He and Humber could make a decent pair of cover LB's.

Receiving an extra 3rd round pick is very enticing, I can't deny that. At the beginning of free agency I thought it might not be a bad idea to lay low and pick up the extra pick. At this point though, I think the free agents they signed are too valuable to the team. If it was just one guy they had to cut, I could see it happening, but three is too many.

I could see in future years Beane playing the system a little bit and trying to gain extra picks. In a HC's first year, he probably wants to bring in some guys he wants and can help establish the leadership and culture he's looking for. I think that's more important to McDermott than a 3rd round pick next year.