30 years ago today in Bills history - Oct. 31, 1987

nichebiche

I have been a Bills fan since the late 70s.

This was the most important trade in Bills' history, in my opinion. While the championship teams may be better known for the offense, to me it was the dynamic defense that got things going and that was the base of much of the success.

The trade, and that first game with Bennett, were seminal moments.

Man, I remember that game. There was electricity in the air when he stepped on the field. Elway never knew what was coming.

Bennett was double-teamed on his third snap from scrimmage as a pro as a result.

Man, I remember that game. There was electricity in the air when he stepped on the field. Elway never knew what was coming.

Bennett was double-teamed on his third snap from scrimmage as a pro as a result.

I was there also. He hadn't even practiced much with the team but came out on the field like a rocket.

I feel like Bennett is the forgotten Super Bowl Buffalo Bill. Nowadays everybody refers to the Big 4(Kelly, Bruce, Thurman, Andre) but go back and watch games from those prime Super Bowl years and The Biscuit was right up there on their Superstar level. Now I realize he didn't have the longevity here in Buffalo as the other four but he played a MAJOR role in the Super Bowl runs. I hope we get to see his name on the Wall of Fame someday soon.

Edited by BillsPride12

I feel like Bennett is the forgotten Super Bowl Buffalo Bill. Nowadays everybody refers to the Big 4(Kelly, Bruce, Thurman, Andre) but go back and watch games from those prime Super Bowl years and The Biscuit was right up there on their Superstar level. Now I realize he didn't have the longevity here in Buffalo as the other four but he played a MAJOR role in the Super Bowl runs. I hope we get to see his name on the Wall of Fame someday soon.

I could only watch half of that before the cheesy 80's-James-Bond-For-Your-Eyes-Only car chase music made me stop.

There are probably many on this board to young to remember this trade snd how it went fown.

There was piece done by SI on it that exam ed the deal and what happened behind the scenes.

The deal was Dickerson to the Colts. Biscuit to us, and a bunch of picks and a couple players to the Rams (also in LA then)

There are probably many on this board to young to remember this trade snd how it went fown.

There was piece done by SI on it that exam ed the deal and what happened behind the scenes.

The deal was Dickerson to the Colts. Biscuit to us, and a bunch of picks and a couple players to the Rams (also in LA then)

Greg Bell went to LA