The Pats Method of Winning is NOT Sustainable

Jauronimo

While the mainstream media and #FakeNews would have us believe that the Patriots are infallible, a closer look at this season reveals glaring weaknesses. Their method of winning is simply unsustainable.

1. Timely Calls – The Pats continue to benefit from crucial calls at critical moments. The Chargers and Jets games could have easily gone the other way. Can the Patriots really expect to receive favorable officiating for the rest of the year? Its not like they can just change the rule book.
  2. Turnover Differential – The Pats have only committed 5 turnovers this year and are a +8 in turnover differential. Now that balls are properly inflated, can those fumble numbers stay at 3? Its possible but seems unlikely.
  3. No Defense – They do not defend their dirt.
  4. No PROCESS – New England does not have a process!! As McDermott has proven, the key to winning consistently is having a process and trusting that process. What is New England’s process? Have a HOF QB? If they have a process its obviously not well communicated as I haven’t heard about it. Can they keep winning without a process? NO!

I'm not suggesting we sweep the Pats this year, but I don't see any reason to believe they can keep up their current pace.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they've been pulling the wool over everyone's eyes the last 20 years or so.

Don't exaggerate only 16 or so

NE's Process is draft the best QB of all time in the 6th round and continue to pay him minimum wage for 20 yrs, add some white WR's, trade all of your backup QB's for high value, and then win championships

Sounds simple, why doesn't every team just do it?

Let me guess: you're one of those guys who thinks the stock market is more likely to go up tomorrow because it went up today.

No, I just call it like I see it, You're probably one of those guys seeing as the pats are finally faltering and you're questioning whether or not the past 15 years have been a fluke or not. :lol:

NE's Process is draft the best QB of all time in the 6th round and continue to pay him minimum wage for 20 yrs, add some white WR's, trade all of your backup QB's for high value, and then win championships

Exactly. Its a not coherent plan for sustained success.

Plus, good luck fitting it in a hashtag. #NE'sProcessIsDraftTheBestQBOfAllTimeInThe6thRoundAndPayMinWageIsBadMarketing

No, I just call it like I see it, You're probably one of those guys seeing as the pats are finally faltering and you're questioning whether or not the past 15 years have been a fluke or not. :lol:

Let me help me, help you.

You can flip a coin 20 times and get 20 heads in a row. What're the odds of getting heads 21 times in a row? Think about that, then go read the OP.

But we've drafted QB in the 5th and the 7th, isn't that the same thing? It averages to 6!

you would think but not quite. to go a step further, we need to draft a QB from Michigan with the 199th pick. it's a pretty foolproof plan so i hope the McBeane's are hip to their game

While the mainstream media and #FakeNews would have us believe that the Patriots are infallible, a closer look at this season reveals glaring weaknesses. Their method of winning is simply unsustainable.

1. Timely Calls – The Pats continue to benefit from crucial calls at critical moments. The Chargers and Jets games could have easily gone the other way. Can the Patriots really expect to receive favorable officiating for the rest of the year? Its not like they can just change the rule book.
  2. Turnover Differential – The Pats have only committed 5 turnovers this year and are a +8 in turnover differential. Now that balls are properly inflated, can those fumble numbers stay at 3? Its possible but seems unlikely.
  3. No Defense – They do not defend their dirt.
  4. No PROCESS – New England does not have a process!! As McDermott has proven, the key to winning consistently is having a process and trusting that process. What is New England’s process? Have a HOF QB? If they have a process its obviously not well communicated as I haven’t heard about it. Can they keep winning without a process? NO!

I'm not suggesting we sweep the Pats this year, but I don't see any reason to believe they can keep up their current pace.

The Pats have won 5 championships since 2001 and played in 2 other SB's during that time. What exactly is your definition of sustainable because I'd do a backflip over Niagra Falls for just one Lombardi trophy.

Also I still think that folks are in for a surprise if they think this year's Pats team isn't good enough to win the division, make the SB, win a championship, etc. Remember as the calender flips to November and especially December they simply don't lose games.