Miami trades Jay Ajayi to Eagles

YoloinOhio

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easy to see on the surface how this is a perceived bad move for Miami but it's important to consider the following:

1) Word out of Miami is Gase loves Kenyan Drake taking over as the primary RB. Personally I had high grades on him coming out of Alabama and folks in the scouting world I spoke with share similar sentiments. Drake has excellent straight-line speed, and has a good burst to get to the edge on outside runs. He's a true finesse running that can be a weapon in the passing game as well so I can see why Gase made this move.

2) This is a strategic move similar to what Gase did last year to jump start a 1-4 team. Remember the Dolphins were probably off to a worse start offensively than this year and made the call to abandon his running back rotation and hand the job over to Jay Ajayi following a loss against the Titans that dropped them to 1-4. Enter Ajayi and he ran for 204 yards in a win over the Steelers the week after and the offense was significantly better the rest of the way including the following week against the Bills which sent our season into a tailspin as the Dolphins went on to win 9 of 11.

Like Belichik and other great coaches around the league Gase is playing 4D chess and looking right while everybody else is turning left. I hate the dolphins but I do believe this move will help them get back on track and there aren't in a bad spot at 4-3 anyway.

Are you scared?

John I'm certainly concerned about the moves the pats and dolphins are making right now and I'm hearing whispers that they are done just yet with the trade deadline hours away.

Meanwhile the silence in Orchard Park is deafening so hoping Beane is about to make some strategic moves to counter what our division foes are doing.

Best case is we can split the four games with the Pats and Dolphins.

That season finale at Miami looms LARGE though, can you imagine if it's a win and get in game for the last wildcard spot? Oh my!

As soon as they announced Cutler was coming to QB the team's ceiling dropped to 8-8. At this point we have more of a chance to split with the Jets.

RB J. Ajayi has been a real thorn in the Bills' side in the past. Now that he has been traded I think Miami becomes a much weaker team and one that I expect the Bills to beat not once but TWICE this year.

Throw in the hapless, Luck-less Colts and that's likely three wins for the Bills down the road.

I think the Bills' remaining schedule plays out as follows and Bills finish at 10-6 as a minimum:

@ Jets - W

home vs Saints - L

@ Chargers - W

@Chiefs - L

home vs Pats - L

home vs Colts - W

home vs Dolphins - W

@ Pats - L

@ Dolphins - W.

BTW, word is the Bills are going after Colts WR Moncrief rather than WR TY Hilton.

Your thoughts??

The Chargers are going to be very tough at home. The Saints game is going to be a doozy! They are playing really good football, but they're coming onto "our dirt." The Pats could be had while defending the dirt as well. I'd be really happy with 7-1 at home.

That is the "easiest" route to 10, but leaves no margin for error. It would also give us a 7-5 divisional record which might be enough for a 6th seed on tiebreakers. I am not looking past the Jets. Drop that one and a whole host of routes to the playoffs shut off immediately.

I think Saints, Chiefs, Pats x2 are the hardest games left. Winning one of the three AFC games in that list would make things a whole lot easier to get in.

Really don’t see the saints coming here and winning in the cold. Jets first!

It's easy to see on the surface how this is a perceived bad move for Miami but it's important to consider the following:

1) Word out of Miami is Gase loves Kenyan Drake taking over as the primary RB. Personally I had high grades on him coming out of Alabama and folks in the scouting world I spoke with share similar sentiments. Drake has excellent straight-line speed, and has a good burst to get to the edge on outside runs. He's a true finesse running that can be a weapon in the passing game as well so I can see why Gase made this move.

2) This is a strategic move similar to what Gase did last year to jump start a 1-4 team. Remember the Dolphins were probably off to a worse start offensively than this year and made the call to abandon his running back rotation and hand the job over to Jay Ajayi following a loss against the Titans that dropped them to 1-4. Enter Ajayi and he ran for 204 yards in a win over the Steelers the week after and the offense was significantly better the rest of the way including the following week against the Bills which sent our season into a tailspin as the Dolphins went on to win 9 of 11.

Like Belichik and other great coaches around the league Gase is playing 4D chess and looking right while everybody else is turning left. I hate the dolphins but I do believe this move will help them get back on track and there aren't in a bad spot at 4-3 anyway.

Sure trust the process, but trading away your feature back and illegibly shopping their top WR in season doesn't point their team in the right direction.

As soon as they announced Cutler was coming to QB the team's ceiling dropped to 8-8. At this point we have more of a chance to split with the Jets.

I've never been a huge Cutler fan but the Dolphins are 4-2 with him starting this year and he's shown he can still make plays when needed like the big comeback in Atlanta.

But the Dolphins are similar to the Bills anyway in that they win with strategic coaching, sound defense, ST and efficient offense which is what got them to the playoffs last year and will be the likely reason they get back this season as well.

Sure trust the process, but trading away your feature back and illegibly shopping their top WR in season doesn't point their team in the right direction.

They are dumping malcontents and lockerroom cancers just like we did with Watkins and Dareus.

And while I'm sure many of their fans are pissed just like ours were with the aforementioned moves, the Dolphins are sitting at 4-3 with a very winnable game this week against the Raiders on deck. I just don't see them fading away especially with a top 10 defense.

John I'm certainly concerned about the moves the pats and dolphins are making right now and I'm hearing whispers that they are done just yet with the trade deadline hours away.

Meanwhile the silence in Orchard Park is deafening so hoping Beane is about to make some strategic moves to counter what our division foes are doing.

LOL yes because free agent moves certainly make or break seasons.

What exactly are the dolphins doing right now that makes their team better?

What happens if Tom Brady gets hurt....they have NOBODY behind him

Best case is we can split the four games with the Pats and Dolphins.

That season finale at Miami looms LARGE though, can you imagine if it's a win and get in game for the last wildcard spot? Oh my!

base case scenario is you go back to BBMB

Blah blah blah bills suck and I'm concerned. Blah blah blah pats rule

Blah blah blah Miami is superbowl bound blah blah blah bills suck blah blah I'm concerned blah blah pats love blah blah I'm a troll blah blah Miami love blah blah bills suck blah blah

:puke: