Judge: Is Buffalo legit threat to the Pats in the AFCE?

From Clark Judge of CBS Sports fame:

http://www.talkoffamenetwork.com/23270-2/

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: There’s something extraordinary going on in Buffalo. Halfway through the season the Bills look like … I can’t believe I’m saying it … a playoff team waiting to happen.

Yeah, I know, they haven’t been there since 1999, the longest playoff drought in the NFL, and they’ve teased us before. But this team not only is different than others before it; this team could push New England in the AFC East.

I’m serious, and here’s why:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an interesting scenario and one few of us thought we would even be thinking about this year. It’s really hard to say what will happen as the Patsies* seem to find a way to get better as the weather gets colder. I do think they are beatable but I also know that with Marcia and the Hoodie you can never think of them as being down. They simply find a way.

Realistically, the Billsbest likely scenario is that the split the two head to head games.

This is an interesting scenario and one few of us thought we would even be thinking about this year. It’s really hard to say what will happen as the Patsies* seem to find a way to get better as the weather gets colder. I do think they are beatable but I also know that with Marcia and the Hoodie you can never think of them as being down. They simply find a way.

Realistically, the Billsbest likely scenario is that the split the two head to head games.

True, and this is the first time in a long time the Pats look like they can be touched. If the Bills continue as is, they should at least split with the Patsies!

They are vulnerable.

Although Buffalo isn't wracking up sacks, they are applying consistent pressure to opposing QBs. That's always been the blueprint for success against Brady.

I like our chances, regardless of venue.

A sweep wouldn't surprise me. But, then again, getting swept by them wouldn't shock the schit out of me, either.

I think we're pretty even, but I think we can force Brady to make some mistakes.

This must really be starting to concern you. Your team, the Pats, might not win the crown this year.

They are vulnerable.

Although Buffalo isn't wracking up sacks, they are applying consistent pressure to opposing QBs. That's always been the blueprint for success against Brady.

I like our chances, regardless of venue.

A sweep wouldn't surprise me. But, then again, getting swept by them wouldn't shock the schit out of me, either.

I think we're pretty even, but I think we can force Brady to make some mistakes.

They are even weaker without Hogan now.

It was sarcasm. The OP in several posts keeps touting the Dolphins....

Not touting anything but remember they were a playoff team last year and started the season much worse than their current 4-3 record. I know some fans don't want to hear it but still think the loss against the Ravens was an anomaly and they will bounce back strong.

For all the talk about the AFCW being the best division in football, I believe the true claim is the AFCE. And you could very well see the division and both wildcard spots decided in december with H.U.G.E matchups pitting all 3 teams against twice even if the Pats continue to roll and don't lose another game until then.

Would certainly bring back memories of the good old days with the Bills and Dolphins facing eachother in high stakes games come December.

This must really be starting to concern you. Your team, the Pats, might not win the crown this year.

They are even weaker without Hogan now.

It is interesting that at 6-2 the Cheats* are called weak. They are weak compared to some of their own prior teams but it’s hard to argue that with Brady at QB they can be considered “weak.” The sad reality played out again and again since Marcia became the starter is that they find a way to win. I hate them for it but it is reality.

I would love nothing better than to see the Bills destroy them three times this year. The interesting thing is that while this outcome is not likely it is at least a possibility.

It is interesting that at 6-2 the Cheats* are called weak. They are weak compared to some of their own prior teams but it’s hard to argue that with Brady at QB they can be considered “weak.” The sad reality played out again and again since Marcia became the starter is that they find a way to win. I hate them for it but it is reality.

I would love nothing better than to see the Bills destroy them three times this year. The interesting thing is that while this outcome is not likely it is at least a possibility.

And sadly, their Defense looks like it is starting to figure some things out over the past 2 games.