Judge: Is Buffalo legit threat to the Pats in the AFCE?

Bills not in pats league yet. Lets be honest.

If Bills pass rush doesn't greatly improve Old Tom will pick us apart .

Brady is having one of his best years ever at 40 years old.

And yes the prospect of him going against a Jaraun style defense brings back nightmares circa 2007 when Brady dropped a 50 burger on the defense. I still want to puke when I think about that primetime game where the Pats came into Buffalo and embarrassed the Bills, but then again they did it to everybody that year.

This years defense is certainly better than that but we cannot rely on 3+ turnovers and limiting teams to FG's instead of TD's every week.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still have to play the Pats 2x as well as the Saints, the Chiefs. Those games are all pretty tough. The rest of the games should be winnable. We need to sweep the Dolphins and Jets as well as beat the Chargers and Colts to get into the playoffs. If we lose any non-Patriot division games we're likely not making the playoffs. I shouldn't think we're challenging the Patriots this year. In another 2 years? Maybe.

Lets add another "journalist" to the list

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21229358/what-learned-learn-week-8-2017-nfl-season-divisional-races-heating-up

By Dan Graziano

I stayed home on a Sunday for the first time this year and watched every game I could. Although that obviously leads to a lot of football thoughts bouncing around the brain, one kept coming back at me all evening:

Could the Bills be for real?

This isn't something we normally have to worry about. When we do our preseason predictions, we all know there are few reliables, but the Bills missing the playoffs is a straight-up given. Buffalo has played the past 17 NFL seasons without reaching the playoffs, and in that time has had only two winning seasons. It's death, taxes and the Bills not making the playoffs.

There they are, though: 5-2 after a 34-14 thumping of the Raiders. They sit a half-game behind the Patriots, who beat the Chargers 21-13 Sunday -- and Buffalo's was the more convincing home victory over a struggling AFC West opponent

click the link for more

Not to get off track, but after that game I was plagued with visions for months that the Bills went on to the win the SB that year if they beat the Titans. Also involved Rob Johnson getting hurt in the next game and the little general starting again and leading the Bills to a championship. Truly made me believe in the whole 'Doug Flutie curse' for years.

Anyways, the Bills have an opportunity to exorcise some serious demons this year if they can beat the pats once in December and make the playoffs. Now if they were to actually win the division talk about HUGE.

If you really want nightmares go over to NFL.com and look at their latest in season playoff scenario and see who they have Buffalo playing in the wild card round.