Midseason draft needs

I know we are a ways away from the draft, but what do you think you've seen so far this season that constitutes being addressed early and often in the offseason? (Be it through the draft or through FA).

Coming in to this season, I thought CB/S were going to be a huge hole. Now I think we just need some depth players we could probably find later in the draft.

My top needs going in to the off-season if the season ended today would be:

Defensive line (DE/DT BPA)

WR

OT (RT / G, again, BPA)

LB

WR, offensive and defensive lines and Shady's replacement (having a nice number 2 who can take entire series from Shady would be great...and do wonders for lengthening Shady's career)...those would be my top priorities

We will have money to spend in FA too

I think it depends on if Jordan Mathews stays but with Zay progressing we will have two solid wideouts and a couple of nice pass catching tight ends with a shady in the backfield. Maybe adding one more wide out to that but I'm not even sure a 1st round pick is required. That is if Mathews stays. Wide receiver seems to be deep in this class. But see if Dawkins can play RT and go get a RG in the first or second round. Love me some Will Hernendez from UTEP. Powerful, mean SOB. Linebacker and the D-line are big needs. Hasn't been a lot of pass rush, plus we are aging all across the line. I think a running back in the second or third round will be taken as a running mate/eventual replacement to Shady. If Gaines doesn't stay, a second corner. I like Leonard Johnson as our third corner.

1st DL

1st G

2nd LB

2nd WR

3rd RB

3rd CB

4th OL depth

5th DL depth

With an aging Oline and Dline, these should be first priority in my opinion

Did OP really put OT... Mills has been great. Still have Dawkins who has played decent on the bench. This is best pass pro line we have had in awhile and the run blocking is getting better as well.

WR

OLB

DT

QB

Love Tyrod but with all our draft picks we could do better. Taylor is good enough to win but if we make it to the playoffs I don't think he has enough to make the next step and take us to the Superbowl

1st - DT

1st - CB

2nd - WR

2nd - G

3rd - RB

3rd - DT

It's looking like we are lining up for two late 1st's, two late 2nd's and two late 3rd's, so the only QB's available will not be blue chip picks. I would prefer not to sacrifice our draft picks to trade up and build the depth we need to compete instead. In Tyrod, we have an average (maybe trending to an above average) NFL Quaterback, which isn't a bad thing. Half of you are below average posters. Half of your children are below average students. Half of you are below average drivers... you get the point.

P.S. I thought we started talking draft when we were out of the running for the playoffs. Maybe I don't know what it's like to be competitive in November.

I'm not convinced that QB is an early round need. TT isn't great but we're winning and he's part of it. Two other things push me away from drafting a QB early (1) it's a crap shoot; (2) opportunity cost - we have too many other needs.

With that in mind, I like the way some previous posters are thinking.

* We need a WR, obviously.

* We need Shady's eventual replacement.

* We need a guard.

* We need a CB.

* Both lines are getting old. We need to start drafting their replacements.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I'm not convinced that QB is an early round need. TT isn't great but we're winning and he's part of it. Two other things push me away from drafting a QB early (1) it's a crap shoot; (2) opportunity cost - we have too many other needs.

With that in mind, I like the way some previous posters are thinking.

* We need a WR, obviously.

* We need Shady's eventual replacement.

* We need a guard.

* We need a CB.

* Both lines are getting old. We need to start drafting their replacements.

It's hard to say - free agency occurs before the draft so we'll know what direction we're going with at QB at that point.

QB

DT

WR

OG

I'll throw a pass rusher on there and it pretty much meshes with my thoughts.

Is anyone else a little gunshy taking a DT early given what happened with Marcel?

No. At that time he was considered BPA and the issue with Marcel outside of work ethic was contract. Had the contract been more reasonable I think he isn't viewed nearly as flawed during the back half of his time here.

I thought I'd feel gunshy when they drafted a CB after just having Gilmore but idk you draft with what you can and it looks like he was BPA and filled a void.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them grab a top DL with one of those first round picks. Carolina continuously drafted DL even when they had solid starters. It's been a major position of strength for them for years now. I think they take at least one player from all three defensive groups, DL, LB and secondary. Offensively, it'd be nice to get a WR who can get behind the defense. I agree with others in that an RB would be ideal if they plan to keep on keepin' on with the current offensive scheme. Probably an OL somewhere as well.

If they really covet one of these QBs coming out and the chips fall the right way, I can see them picking one. But they can't be at all dissatisfied with the way Taylor has played this season. Minimal mistakes, makes a handful of "wow" plays every game and each week his play gives them a chance to win.

How do people feel about bundling our 2 first round picks (and possibly a 2nd rounder) for a top tier QB? I think most people thought this was a given at the start of the season.

Or do you prefer to take a second level QB with one of our first round picks and groom him behind TT hoping he pans out?

Edited by I_want_2_BILL_Lieve

How do people feel about bundling our 2 first round picks (and possibly a 2nd rounder) for a top tier QB? I think most people thought this was a given at the start of the season.

Or do you prefer to take a second level QB with one of our first round picks and groom him behind TT hoping he pans out?

The 2018 class seems to have regressed from expectations, hasn't it? Darnold may stay at USC. Rosen will probably go first overall.

Cleveland, SF, and the Giants will probably all be looking at qb and none of them will trade out. You might be able to make a deal with Indy, assuming Luck comes back healthy, but that still might leave you the third and fourth best qb. At this point, I would consider moving up, but not the expensive ticket you are asking about. I am hoping Mayfield or Jackson is available late first.