Bills dominating turnover differential - BIG time

San-O

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This scares me. Once the luck stops and the balls stop bouncing our way will we still get the wins.

It's not just luck. Tyrod takes care of the ball as good as any QB in the league. Shady almost never fumbles. Defense puts themselves in great position to make plays. Keep doing this, and we'll keep winning. Especially now that we're starting to have an offensive that can capitalize.

This scares me. Once the luck stops and the balls stop bouncing our way will we still get the wins.

It's definitely a concern because we certainly aren't going to get 3+ turnovers every game the rest of the season.

But unlike with the Bucs and Bengals, we actually blew out a team today instead of playing very close to the end despite the turnovers.

Gotta give a little credit to coaching as well for these turnovers. These guys are ripping at that ball non stop and hitting hard (in the right target areas) Its been an impressive defensive scheme for the most part. Milano comes to mind for his big game today. Play hard, every play. Its been an impressive ride watching them.

I for one thought they were doomed and Carr would just light them up all day long.

Gotta give a little credit to coaching as well for these turnovers. These guys are ripping at that ball non stop and hitting hard (in the right target areas) Its been an impressive defensive scheme for the most part. Milano comes to mind for his big game today. Play hard, every play. Its been an impressive ride watching them.

I for one thought they were doomed and Carr would just light them up all day long.

I as well. Figured Carr would go off for 400 yards today. Guess we were wrong...

DNV2giMW4AY0Bus.jpg

What luck? They are forcing turnovers.

This.

R.Rich and I were discussing this today..........it's not luck when your defense is playing with it's eyes forward and anticipating being able to make a play on a football rather than just mindlessly trying to blast receivers.

It's not luck when you are flying to the football so you can stand up the ball carrier and have extra hands there to knock the ball loose.

It's the style of defense..........and as long as teams are pressured to throw the ball more often than run it they should be able to keep winning turnover differentials..........because Tyrod simply isn't going to give the ball away.

This.

R.Rich and I were discussing this today..........it's not luck when your defense is playing with it's eyes forward and anticipating being able to make a play on a football rather than just mindlessly trying to blast receivers.

It's not luck when you are flying to the football so you can stand up the ball carrier and have extra hands there to knock the ball loose.

It's the style of defense..........and as long as teams are pressured to throw the ball more often than run it they should be able to keep winning turnover differentials..........because Tyrod simply isn't going to give the ball away.

One was perfect tackle by Leonard Johnson blasting the ball with his shoulder. One was great tip by Preston Brown and diving catch (the fourth just like this) by always in position Micah Hyde. One was good hit on ST and Milano ripping ball away. And last was Easton just being a center fielder when everyone was covered and the pass went right to him. They are forcing the turnovers.

this is not your Rex Ryan defense , creating turnovers is actually a big part of our game planning on defense

This.

This ^^^^

One was perfect tackle by Leonard Johnson blasting the ball with his shoulder. One was great tip by Preston Brown and diving catch (the fourth just like this) by always in position Micah Hyde. One was good hit on ST and Milano ripping ball away. And last was Easton just being a center fielder when everyone was covered and the pass went right to him. They are forcing the turnovers.[/quote

What about last week a strip and a fumble recovery by White ? I'm pretty sure they work on that in practice, maybe more then some other team ? I would think so

They rip and punch the ball out and pick off forced deep balls, but yes, luck.

Call it luck but if you don't try you don't get

Fumbles are as much chance as they are good play simply based on the issue of who recovers the ball. Bills got lucky on the fumbled PR. Our plyaer was OOB. But Oakland was just as luck to recover the KO.

INTs on the other hand is a sign of good defense.

Just get a little better pass rush. And the turnovers will keep coming.

This was a convincing Win , we pretty much dominated in the second half on defense and we run the ball at will , Tyrod didn't have big numbers by he played well , when was the last time that we couldn't decide who should get a game ball ?