Playoffs? Playoffs?? The Playoff Chances Thread

13 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

I feel like we most likely have to win out also.

But who knows the maybe the Ravens or Chargers lose a game down the stretch and we get the help we need.

Should be a fun last couple of weeks. 

“fun” in a gut-wrenching sort of way.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chargers have a rash of critical injuries now. I think they will lose at least one of the last 2. Hunter Henry is out for the season, Keenan Allen is hurt and so is Denzel perryman. Not sure, outside of Rivers and maybe one of their pass rushers, you could have more impactful losses. When Perryman was hurt earlier in the year their run D was pitiful, it instantly improved when he came back. As soon as he left the game Saturday, it crumbled. Allen and Henry are Rivers top 2 targets. KA was trending toward AB territory in terms of being uncoverable. 

Just as everyone was about to say "hey maybe Keenan Allen can make it through a whole season!"

I've agonized over scenarios since the win and have settled on week 16 being more or less house money. Bills are highly likely to lose, but if we get a Colts, Jets, or Titans upset, we're looking good going into week 17. If nothing breaks our way, we still have hopes that the Bengals or Raiders can win to get us in. That's five games and we basically need one outcome to go our way in addition to a Bills win over the fins. 

With all these complicated scenarios, has anyone mentioned this as a tie-breaker option? If a head-to-head comparison still results in a tie, the team who won the most recent game between them wins. If there were no head-to-head games, the team with the longest winning streak at the end of the season wins.

That would reward teams that finish strong, akin to how the college football playoff teams get in.

...if we lose to the Pats*** this week, is there a scenario where we go into Week 17 knowing that if we beat the Fins we are in for sure (without any other help in Week 17)?

Too many scenarios to keep track of this...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think our best shot at help this week rests with the Jets. 10AM game for the Chargers, little gloomy, rainy, Christmas Eve..Jets +250 moneyline. 

West coast to East coast travel does produce a lower winning pctg for the traveling team. I'd still expect a Chargers win here. I hope the Jets pull it off. 

10 minutes ago, Rubes said:

...if we lose to the Pats*** this week, is there a scenario where we go into Week 17 knowing that if we beat the Fins we are in for sure (without any other help in Week 17)?

Too many scenarios to keep track of this...

According to the NYT Playoff machine, yes.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html#bal-ind-16=loss&kc-mia-16=win&ne-buf-16=win&nyj-lac-16=win&ten-lar-16=loss&mia-buf-17=loss

If all of these happen in week 16 and we win in week 17, we're at 100% getting in:

Colts, Chiefs, Jets, and Rams all win.

Pretty confident in Chiefs and Rams.

GO COLTS!  GO JETS!

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bryce Petty

I did not see too much of the game last week outside of what they were showing on Redzone, but Jets hung tough in New Orleans with Petty.

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

West coast to East coast travel does produce a lower winning pctg for the traveling team. I'd still expect a Chargers win here. I hope the Jets pull it off. 

Rams traveling East as well..and a Titans win might be a good thing for us. But i think Jets beating Chargers a bit more realistic.