Shady is ridiculous

YoloinOhio

His stats the last few years have undoubtedly been artificially aided by playing on one of the very few teams in the league that still believes in the run.

It's a passing league now, but the Bills didn't get that memo.

He's unarguably a great rushing talent, however, and I always liked him when he was just a random guy playing on a team I don't like in Philly.

50 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

I kinda think he's overrated.

I don't know why just do. 

I don’t understand whatever language you speak of.  He is clearly an elite back.  I think he’s better than Thurman ever was to be honest.  Would’ve loved to see what he could’ve done in that offense

On 11/22/2017 at 3:53 PM, NewEra said:

I don’t understand whatever language you speak of.  He is clearly an elite back.  I think he’s better than Thurman ever was to be honest.  Would’ve loved to see what he could’ve done in that offense

Thurman was way better IMO.

Shady is overrated. 

It's not like he can go up the middle and grind it out for extra yards. And how often does he ever break a tackle? 

9 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Thurman was way better IMO.

Shady is overrated. 

It's not like he can go up the middle and grind it out for extra yards. And how often does he ever break a tackle? 

Mccoy runs up the middle very well from my experience watching him, just not with a stacked line in a goaline set with Not much threat of a pass and an inferior OL.  Shady in the open field is on another level.  Thurman’s pass catching ability set him apart from his peers.  Shadys receiving ability is right there with him.  Career yards per attempt shady, 4.7, Thurman 4.2 (and his ypc didn’t drop in his final 5 seasons, so thats not why his ypc is lower).

Its personal preference for sure, shady just wins the eye test for me.  I’ve only seen one other feature back that can make you miss like shady does and many regard him as the best back ever (not me ftr), Barry.  I’d like to see what shady can do with an OL like the Bills had along with a HoF QB and WRs.

On 11/22/2017 at 3:19 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Tony Dorsett never led the league in rushing 

neither did Jerome Bettis 

or Marshall Faulk

Shady leading the league once is Perfectly acceptable because he also catches so many passes

This. He’ll be in the HOF. 

On 11/22/2017 at 3:55 PM, Sweats said:

Its a shame that our team is so one dimensional.........if Shady could have some kind of supporting cast around him, this team would be fairly good.

....BINGO!!........Asinine 101 proclamation that we're a "run first" team with ONE stallion in the stable........that ONE stallion goes down and you're riding "Mr Ed" to 6-10............

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Not often, because he makes most people miss before they can even get a hand on him. Saying he doesn't break enough tackles isn't the best way to make the point that Shady is overrated. He's not overrated, and he doesn't break a lot of tackles because he doesn't take a lot of shots. 

All that said, Thurman is still the better Bill. :beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Mccoy runs up the middle very well from my experience watching him, just not with a stacked line in a goaline set with Not much threat of a pass and an inferior OL.  Shady in the open field is on another level.  Thurman’s pass catching ability set him apart from his peers.  Shadys receiving ability is right there with him.  Career yards per attempt shady, 4.7, Thurman 4.2 (and his ypc didn’t drop in his final 5 seasons, so thats not why his ypc is lower).

Its personal preference for sure, shady just wins the eye test for me.  I’ve only seen one other feature back that can make you miss like shady does and many regard him as the best back ever (not me ftr), Barry.  I’d like to see what shady can do with an OL like the Bills had along with a HoF QB and WRs.

His lack of ability to break tackles is the main reason I can't rate him that highly.

He's certainly a talented back but also has his limitations. 

Edited by Klaista2k

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not often, because he makes most people miss before they can even get a hand on him. Saying he doesn't break enough tackles isn't the best way to make the point that Shady is overrated. He's not overrated, and he doesn't break a lot of tackles because he doesn't take a lot of shots. 

All that said, Thurman is still the better Bill. :beer:

I agree that Thurman was a better Bill. But slightly. If Shady was on that K Gun team he would have put up insane numbers and had a boatload of long TD runs. 

56 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I agree that Thurman was a better Bill. But slightly. If Shady was on that K Gun team he would have put up insane numbers and had a boatload of long TD runs. 

I'm with you with this. Talent wise, they're close. I was basing my assessment on what they've done in a Bills' uniform. 

Defenses, especially, are faster today than they were in the 90s. Had Shady played in that era, with that system, he would have been nearly unstoppable with his elusiveness and speed. He would have clowned defenses back then if he got into any bit of space. 

:beer:

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm with you with this. Talent wise, they're close. I was basing my assessment on what they've done in a Bills' uniform. 

Defenses, especially, are faster today than they were in the 90s. Had Shady played in that era, with that system, he would have been nearly unstoppable with his elusiveness and speed. He would have clowned defenses back then if he got into any bit of space. 

If we’re being honest, you can’t ignore the major difference in quarterbacks, and even offensive lines, between the two while with the Bills. 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Maybe. Or Jack Lambert would have cleaved his head clean off  with a clothesline tackle.

Times have changed. I miss dirty unis and mud. Turf in the face shield and bit of blood.

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

If we’re being honest, you can’t ignore the major difference in quarterbacks, and even offensive lines, between the two while with the Bills. 

Certainly true. I think McCoy is one of the top backs in the game today. Thurman was absolutely one of the top backs in the game while he played. But I watched Thurman play when I was a kid, tough to replace those memories or cede his place in my mind to McCoy even though I love watching Shady run. 

It's completely subjective :) 

15 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Maybe. Or Jack Lambert would have cleaved his head clean off  with a clothesline tackle.

Times have changed. I miss dirty unis and mud. Turf in the face shield and bit of blood.

Also potentially true. :beer: