A Few Comments, A Few Questions.....

Bill from NYC

1) I am not, at this point, overly impressed by Clemson. Their schedule is weak and their coach is a bit too full of himself imo. I get it, they are the defending champs and I respect this. That said, I read somewhere that Sweeney went into the Syracuse locker room to address the team after they beat Clemson. I don't know, is that a bit pompous? Syracuse already has a coach, no?

2) Can someone tell me why we don't read more about Nick Fitzgerald, the QB from Mississippi State? Yesterday, I watched him zip the ball between defenders. He had great pocket presence too and can even run. And, he is listed at 6'5". Seriously, what am I missing?

3) I can't tell much about PSU or Ohio State from the game yesterday. In fact, the game left me confused. The OSU defense looked tough but why did they give up so many points? Also, are you people impressed with the Penn State quarterback?

4) As I stated before, this Alabama team is far from the best one I have ever seen. They are however the deepest. I'm not kidding....if the lose their starting QB, best RB and a starting DE to injuries, they might not even get worse. I'm not joking. I'm sure there are teams with more stars but imo this depth is just crazy, and matters more with the playoff system. The top 4 teams will have to play 14 and the top 2 15 games, which is a lot for college kids. This, imo gives a big edge to teams like Clemson with their weak schedule.

5) Is any PAC 12 team as good as Washington? Now there is a great coach!!! I hope that if Coach Saban decides to retire (hopefully in 10 years or so :) ), Chris Petersen is his replacement.

6) Any Final 4 predictions?

Edited by Bill from NYC

1) I am not, at this point, overly impressed by Clemson. Their schedule is weak and their coach is a bit too full of himself imo. I get it, they are the defending champs and I respect this. That said, I read somewhere that Sweeney went into the Syracuse locker room to address the team after they beat Clemson. I don't know, is that a bit pompous? Syracuse already has a coach, no?

2) Can someone tell me why we don't read more about Nick Fitzgerald, the QB from Mississippi State? Yesterday, I watched him zip the ball between defenders. He had great pocket presence too and can even run. And, he is listed at 6'5". Seriously, what am I missing?

3) I can't tell much about PSU or Ohio State from the game yesterday. In fact, the game left me confused. The OSU defense looked tough but why did they give up so many points? Also, are you people impressed with the Penn State quarterback?

4) As I stated before, this Alabama team is far from the best one I have ever seen. They are however the deepest. I'm not kidding....if the lose their starting QB, best RB and a starting DE to injuries, they might not even get worse. I'm not joking. I'm sure there are teams with more stars but imo this depth is just crazy, and matters more with the playoff system. The top 4 teams will have to play 14 and the top 2 15 games, which is a lot for college kids. This, imo gives a big edge to teams like Clemson with their weak schedule.

5) Is any PAC 12 team as good as Washington? Now there is a great coach!!! I hope that if Coach Saban decides to retire (hopefully in 10 years or so :) ), Chris Petersen is his replacement.

6) Any Final 4 predictions?

Hey Bill!! I think Fitzgerald is the second coming of Dak. I HATE Nick Saban. I still don't see the allure of Josh Allen. Penn State's CBs are horrible. Ohio State dared McSorley to beat them and he couldn't.

Dabo went into the Syracuse locker room to congratulate the Orangemen on their win. I wouldn't call that pompous, that's a classy move.

Final four

Alabama, Wisconsin, Miami, Georgia.

Never happen. There is no way they put 2 SEC teams in the CFB playoffs.

Dabo went into the Syracuse locker room to congratulate the Orangemen on their win. I wouldn't call that pompous, that's a classy move.

I know this but I think that it was more egotistical than classy. As if the great one is coming in to talk to the players who as I said have their own coach, and just defeated his highness.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Final 4 in alphabetical order:

Alabama

Clemson

Notre Dame

Ohio State

Ratings bonanza, cha-ching!

Good point.

Final four

Alabama, Wisconsin, Miami, Georgia.

First four yeah

Final Four will be the SEC, B1G, and ACC champs plus either the Big12 champ or Washington

SEC Champ (Alabama | Georgia)

B1G Champ (Ohio St | Wisconsin | Penn St | Sparty)

ACC Champ (Clemson | Miami)

TCU | Oklahoma | Oklahoma St | Washington

Edited by /dev/null

First four yeah

Final Four will be the SEC, B1G, and ACC champs plus either the Big12 champ or Washington

SEC Champ (Alabama | Georgia)

B1G Champ (Ohio St | Wisconsin | Penn St | Sparty)

ACC Champ (Clemson | Miami)

TCU | Oklahoma | Oklahoma St | Washington

You forgot ND. They have a WAY better chance than about half of those teams. As an example they have one less loss than MSU and a 20 point win at MSU.

You forgot ND. They have a WAY better chance than about half of those teams. As an example they have one less loss than MSU and a 20 point win at MSU.

Not sure about ND's chances to run the table, but if they do I agree they probably get in. It has been mentioned every year since the CFP began that the committee takes into account factors such as likely TV ratings and travelling fanbases. Nobody would ever admit it, but if you look at the choices over the past few years it's tough to dispute.

Never happen. There is no way they put 2 SEC teams in the CFB playoffs.

If Alabama loses to Georgia in the SEC championship &it is a close game I guaranty they will put the Tide in the final 4.

Final 4 in alphabetical order:

Alabama

Clemson

Notre Dame

Ohio State

Ratings bonanza, cha-ching!

What happens if Oklahoma runs the table also. How could they possibly put Ohio State in after the beat down the Sooners gave them in their own Barn? I could see that happening but it is not right.

I'm so ready haha.

I love Virginia Tech in this spot. I think they will beat Miami by double digits.

Edited by Gordio

If Alabama loses to Georgia in the SEC championship &it is a close game I guaranty they will put the Tide in the final 4.

What happens if Oklahoma runs the table also. How could they possibly put Ohio State in after the beat down the Sooners gave them in their own Barn? I could see that happening but it is not right.

I love Virginia Tech in this spot. I think they will beat Miami by double digits.

if Oklahoma runs the table, and that means wins the big 12 championship, and OSU runs the table, Oklahoma will get in.

I do not think the winner and loser of the SEC championship game will get in if it means leaving out a one loss conf champ.

Edited by YoloinOhio

So you are discounting Clemson's victories over Auburn, Louisville and Virginia Tech as.....?

So you are discounting Clemson's victories over Auburn, Louisville and Virginia Tech as.....?

Fair question.....I don't know how impressed with Louisville or VT. I will let you know more about Auburn soon enough. ;)

I will say that this one season, Alabama hasn't played such a tough schedule either (for a change). At least not yet.

The way they have UGA ranked first has to show that they value their win over ND and dont value Bamas win over FSU. But if FSU didnt lose Francois for the year would that win look better? Thats not really Bamas fault. When they played them they were #3 in the country. But that seems to be the distinction.,

The way they have UGA ranked first has to show that they value their win over ND and dont value Bamas win over FSU. But if FSU didnt lose Francois for the year would that win look better? Thats not really Bamas fault. When they played them they were #3 in the country. But that seems to be the distinction.,

I have no issue with where they are currently ranked and neither does Saban. If they handle their business they will be back up there.

Hey, there is a ton of football left to be played. You guys are in it as well. What I will say about the Tide is that they are in complete control of their own destiny.

And for the record, I think that last years squad had better starters, although the defense was banged up by the end of the season. I'm not making excuses; Clemson deserved the win. This year they are as deep as a well.

Lots of fun ahead.

Edited by Bill from NYC

This really is possible and its a shame because they are probably the most talented, and certainly the best coached team in the NCAA.

Yes, I still give them the slight edge over Clemson, who I still think are the second best team in the country both in terms of talent and coaching based on what I've seen.

I want Bama in the final 4 because a final 4 without them will feel a bit hollow.... the playoffs should be about the best 4 teams.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.