Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But waiting would cost them 6m in cap space next year.

not to mention the possibility of him violating another NFL rule and getting suspended for 10 games. I know he's been doing better but still run the risk. Hard to trade a player that won't see the field for over half the season. Edited by The Wiz

Were you happy/satisfied with his performance this season?

If you're a betting man, does he fulfill/live up to his contract in Jville?

He's been effective this season in the role he was being asked to play and particularly so with him getting back to good health. We'll see about JAX, but he has exactly the skill set they need on that D and I wouldn't be surprised if they ask him to renegotiate that deal as I posted previously.

They could have easily been more patient this season, but that was their obvious conclusion given what Beane said last night. .

I said why here in this thread and in others previously. I'm not repeating myself for you.

No you haven't. You have posted zero plays with any analysis whatsoever. You put down words that don't mean anything. Anybody can say anything. It means nothing. Worthy has been awesome this year taking on blocks. That could be true or it could not be. There is nothing to show it. You haven't posted anything to show anything. Just words.

Edited by Scott7975

As I posted earlier, I don't like the trade. We got essentially nothing in return and have to eat the dead money for a player who could be a difference maker.

In the end, if Dareus plays well for Marrone (whom I cannot stand), what does that say about this coaching staff and GM?

We shall see. The guy has unique talent and is worth more than a bag of pucks (oops, I mean 6th round pick) notwithstanding the "cap relief" in the next couple of years and the contract being off the books after that.

Just my two cents.

No you haven't. You have posted zero plays with any analysis whatsoever. You put down words that don't mean anything. Anybody can say anything. It means nothing. Worthy has been awesome this year taking on blocks. That could be true or it could not be. There is nothing to show it. You haven't posted anything to show anything. Just words.

You have certainly proven that.

Another Cinci play. Dareus not doubled. Blown 3 yards off the line. Runner tackled for 3 yards on 1st and 10. Dareus on ground and had zero to do with the tackle. I mean this is from your link of 19 plays. Not all of which Dareus was doubled. Not all of which Dareus did anything meaningful. This is your proof that Dareus was awesome on the field. Poor job.

Bills forever spinning their wheels. Create holes just to have to fill the created holes.

There is never any progress

Now need another DT in offseason so instead on one you now need two.

Need a plethora of WRs

Still need OG likely two

A QB

RB is also a big need

DBs still a need

Toss some LBers in there.

Sounds like MOST NFL teams in the modern era.

Just wondering. Are any of those touting how valuable Dareus is for "taking on doubles" the same people who complained incessantly when Ryan used him for that very purpose at times?

The Bills were terrible against the run last season with 200 yards yielded by Ajayi (two times) and Bell. It was downright embarrassing. Much different results this season.

Another Cinci play. Dareus single blocked and basically just stands there. Runner goes right by Dareus hole and picks up 11 yards. More Dareus awesome. Your link does more discredit to your argument which shows me that you don't even put any real thought into anything or do any of your own analysis.

The Bills were terrible against the run last season with 200 yards yielded by Ajayi (two times) and Bell. It was downright embarrassing. Much different results this season.

That's attributable to scheme more than anything else but I'd still be interested to know if the same people touting Dareus taking on double teams are the same ones who complained so much when he did that under Ryan's scheme.

That's attributable to scheme more than anything else but I'd still be interested to know if the same people touting Dareus taking on double teams are the same ones who complained so much when he did that under Ryan's scheme.

Dareus taking on double teams is overblown. He isn't double nearly as much as people say.

Another Cinci play. Dareus single blocked and basically just stands there. Runner goes right by Dareus hole and picks up 11 yards. More Dareus awesome. Your link does more discredit to your argument which shows me that you don't even put any real thought into anything or do any of your own analysis.

You're cherry picking. What player wins on every play? Yet you have nothing to say on the other plays that defeat your narrative.

Dareus taking on double teams is overblown. He isn't double nearly as much as people say.

Based on watching the network broadcast of course.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Ha Ha, the best part about this is that you dont even understand the cap ramifications!! Go back to the shallow end. Its not just about the player or the return. Its about the cost benefit. I would rather Dareus through next year than Vallejo and $2M.

Kirby, Put away the calculator. It's obvious that the organization didn't care about the cap ramifications. McDermott/Beane simply wanted him off the roster. That purge represents not only a clear statement to Dareus but also to the rest of the team. This transaction had little to do with calculating the $$$ cost as it is about the type of players/people they want on the roster. This is a case where the player and organizational relationship was predictable and inevitable. In that type of situation acting sooner is better than acting later.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/09/buffalo_bills_marcell_dareus_holds_long_streak_in_run_game_says_pro_football_foc.html

Our FO can do no wrong by many on here though :)

I too am trying to trust the process but not really seeing it on this one.

The simple fact is this while sitting 4-2:

This year no matter how you dial it the Bills are currently weaker on the DL after this trade. Even if you consider Dareus depth or a starter it does not matter.

Long term the Bills will have to waste another top rd pick to address DT much greater than a 6th rd pick.

Edited by Real McCoy