• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to disagree with your position.

https://overthecap.com/bills-jaguars-agree-trade-marcell-dareus

Againyou are paying over 10M in cap dead this year for Nothing

14.5M next year for nothing.

All of this could have been done next offseason and only face the 14.5M that you then could have spread over two years with a post jun 1 cut designation.

And still had your DT rotation with a top end talent in it for this years playoff push.

But hey got a less than 1 percent chance you find an NFL player 6th and weakened your team in a Playoff run

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Againyou are paying over 10M in cap dead this year for Nothing

14.5M next year for nothing.

All of this could have been done next offseason and only face the 14.5M that you then could have spread over two years with a post jun 1 cut designation.

And still had your DT rotation with a top end talent in it for this years playoff push.

But hey got a less than 1 percent chance you find an NFL player 6th and weakened your team in a Playoff run

Why would they want to spread it over two years when then can get it done in one and be free and clear by 2019? This team is building through the draft and isn't going to be throwing around be free agent contracts in the coming off-season. The Bills get to have a draft with a ton of picks go through next season and be completely removed from the contract in the 2019 off-season. I much prefer that option.

again we can all agree or disagree with this but I think they wanted him out of the Locker room sooner rather than later. They wont sacrifice the long term for the short term. I know you and others disagree with that approach. We wont know if it works until down the line.

Ding ... Ding ... Ding ... Ding.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Cap ramifications don't matter, high draft choice low draft choice or no draft choice doesn't matter. The coaching staff couldn't look the TEAM in the eye preaching 100% commitment when their highest paid player was giving much MUCH less than 100%.

again we can all agree or disagree with this but I think they wanted him out of the Locker room sooner rather than later. They wont sacrifice the long term for the short term. I know you and others disagree with that approach. We wont know if it works until down the line.

Maybe but what has this defense done this year with him in yhe lockerroom? Become one of the better defenses in the league and he helped.

So obviously all these reported antics are doing nothing to the team

The issue is you keep insisting Dareus is talent, when his level of play has eroded.

Exactly. And remember the Jims Steakout incident (I cant belive I just typed that about a professional football player...). He has decent but not top 10 talent, cant stay on the field, hasnt bought into anything the new Bills are doing. I dont understand why people think we will miss him?

Okay, who can effectively take on double teams to keep the LB corps clean?

They will do as they've been doing the 60-70% of snaps when Dareus was on the field. Rotate in the other DTs. And as they have done all season they will be a very good run defense.

soooo you think Beane is doing this because he hates Whaley and all the Process stuff is a phony coverup? That explains why it isn't working at all.

Wait.

Re-read what I wrote. McDermott is winning with a roster Whaley built. And Beane's trying to dismantle in the middle of winning. Does 1+1=2 for you?

Why would they want to spread it over two years when then can get it done in one and be free and clear by 2019? This team is building through the draft and isn't going to be throwing around be free agent contracts in the coming off-season. The Bills get to have a draft with a ton of picks go through next season and be completely removed from the contract in the 2019 off-season. I much prefer that option.

Yoir spreading 24.5M over two years now.

My Point is dareus could have been cut or traded 2018 offseason before his guarantee kicked in for exactly what they have in dead money now in 2018 and beyond and Still had a top end talent in their DT rotation for their playoff push in 2017

This is my concern as well. We seem to be a weaker team compared to yesterday. We are in the thick of a playoff race. It's concerning.

But we are NOT in the thick of the Super Bowl conversation. Until we are, Beane will make every decision that improves next season even if it makes us a little worse this season. Theyre trying to build consistent championship contenders. Dareus was never going to be a part of that. No DT is, let alone a lazy unmotivated one.

This trade is so obviously good to me and it seems like to people on the other side it is obviously bad. I dont know how to reconcile that.

I prefer the option he stays on the team in 2017 helps Bills playoff push

And move on in 2018 completely removing the contract before the 2019 offseason

But we are NOT in the thick of the Super Bowl conversation. Until we are, Beane will make every decision that improves next season even if it makes us a little worse this season. Theyre trying to build consistent championship contenders. Dareus was never going to be a part of that. No DT is, let alone a lazy unmotivated one.

This trade is so obviously good to me and it seems like to people on the other side it is obviously bad. I dont know how to reconcile that.

Have to make the playoffs first

Sunk cost that contract. Facts Bills are in the Midde of the playoff race with a top end talent that played very well last hame. And what do they do sell that player off for nothing.

That hurts the team.

I get the trade and if this trade happened AFTER the season i would have been all for it (would have got better than a 6th) and a heck of alot more cap space.

This is giving a talented player away because you dont want to deal with him. Nothing more

"played very well last home" Based on what? Just because you want to believe that. Playing very well means you did something other than absorbing blocks.

"AFTER the season (would have got better than a 6th) and a heck of a lot more cap space." First how do you know they would have gotten better than a 6th? They have been trying to trade him for a long time. Why would next year definitely be different? No they wouldn't have a heck of a lot more cap space. It would be worse because he would be on the books until 2019 instead of 2018.

Yeah they don't want to deal with him. Neither did just about anyone else. He isn't worth dealing with.

They will do as they've been doing the 60-70% of snaps when Dareus was on the field. Rotate in the other DTs. And as they have done all season they will be a very good run defense.

What DT is picking up Dareuss snaps.

Dont you think that Worthy and Washington are effective because they are not playing all the time and facing double teams all the time?

Yoir spreading 24.5M over two years now.

My Point is dareus could have been cut or traded 2018 offseason before his guarantee kicked in for exactly what they have in dead money now in 2018 and beyond and Still had a top end talent in their DT rotation for their playoff push in 2017

Not sure what else there is to say about this. McDermott and Beane obviously disagree with your assessment that Dareus is a top end talent, or at least that his talent outweighs the headache he brings to the organization. I think Ill go with their assessment of the situation.