Texans ready to walk out on owner after “inmate” comments

YoloinOhio

Did you respond to the wrong quoted post here? Everything he said is a fact. It had nothing to do with how our political system works. A majority (not just a plurality) of Americans disapprove of Trumps performance and a majority did not vote for him.

His post was in response to the argument that the behavior of leftists, specifically to their unfounded charges of racism against those who they disagree with politically and the drive to undo the republican democratic process by impeachment on purely political grounds, is doubling down on the exact sort of misbehavior which led directly to the election of President Trump, and will lead to more President Trump.

His counterpoint was nearly exactly the same as the one that was used to say that President Trump could never be elected in the first place.

He's wrong, and he (the larger he) needs to stop being wrong, because he's being wrong to the detriment of political discourse in this country which has deteriorated to the point that we elected an !@#$ for the sole reason that the !@#$ stood up to leftist bullying.

And given that he thinks things will be different next time if only he throws his tantrum more loudly seems to indicate that he doesn't understand our electoral process.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course. I know many who regret voting for him as well.

He also lost the popular vote to an awful candidate, and his popularity has been plummeting ever since. He hasn't delivered anything and is completely spiraling right now. Sorry, I just can't buy that he's the favorite in 2020 at this point. His own party doesn't want him.

IM not a Trump supporter. But if I may since you touched on something I have noted.

If you are a Democrat, you don't have a party. The Clinton Machine controls "your" party. I believe that is just a known thing isn't it?

Why don't you guys react to that? Or , like, even seem to notice it?

It is true that Republicans did NOT want Trump. But since they hadn't established air tight control, they had him shoved down their throats anyway, because of VOTING and Primaries.

Y'all got "caucuses" .

Your problem is bigger than Trump because you don't actually even get to choose your candidates in a fair and honest process. And as far as I see in the press at least, Democrats are oblivious to that.

Anyway was just asking I don't mean t derail the thread topic.

I have not read all the replies in this thread but...

I have seen that some think that this is just a common phrase that the Texans players are reacting sensitively to.

Well, consider the fact that the meeting was called to discuss the players' protest to draw attention to racial inequality and the vast majority of protesters are black.

Who then are the inmates? Google the incarceration rates by race yourself and you will have to agree that this is not just a simple turn of phrase.

I think it is , if you don't think of black people as inmates.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

thanks, i appreciate the time and effort you put in to this. i realize there isn't a set answer possible but this type of understanding is more than looking at the 1+1=2 it is looking at the work done to figure out the 1 and the 1 to get the two.

unfortunately, for political gains there is little reasoning to have communication as it only allows for opinions to be swayed. in our oligarchy opinions and free thorught are not permitted which is creating the fascists of the antifascist movement.

Yeah it is definitely crazy to see...to some the ends justify the means no matter what the cost...and these people seem to be engaging in the same behavior they claim they're against...fortunately I think most see right through it, as it is hard to respect fascism of any kind.

No, it's a simple turn of phrase.

You're one of those morons who thinks "niggardly" is racist, aren't you?

No, I am actually a Harvard educated African American who is acutely aware of what is racist and what is not.

I didn't call anyone any names here. Read my original post again. Using "inmates" and "prison" when you are expressly discussing the actions of players who the vast majority are African-Americans reveals the mindset of that person.

No, I am actually a Harvard educated African American who is acutely aware of what is racist and what is not.

I didn't call anyone any names here. Read my original post again. Using "inmates" and "prison" when you are expressly discussing the actions of players who the vast majority are African-Americans reveals the mindset of that person.

no. it vastly reveals your prejudices.

not everyone thinks of prison and inmates and equates that to blacks.

by the way, after vietnam i went to harvard, too. i think i was in healthcare for 17 years, i can't remember. i think i'm black, too, forgot. or asian. gosh. i can't remember what i am because it matters so much on an internet message board to establish that i am a 57 year old man with 16 kids and a goat.

What are you trying to say? You sound racist.

I’m not black, and I only visited Harvard, but I disagree. If you think you own this reality, you are wrong. It’s an expression. It can be racist if you want to make it racist....but only in your mind.

by the way, after vietnam i went to harvard, too. i think i was in healthcare for 17 years, i can't remember. i think i'm black, too, forgot. or asian. gosh. i can't remember what i am because it matters so much on an internet message board to establish that i am a 57 year old man with 16 kids and a goat.

Boyst was also there for several moon landkings, so feel free to ignore here...

Employees dictating to the employers, people. Its nothing more than that! If you try to make it anything more, you have an agenda.

Don't they kind of already do this through the CBA though- where the owners agree to some of the players demands?

If both sides eventually agree to have players stand for the anthem, I would be ok with that...to me there is no right or wrong answer as both sides have legit points of view imo. To me it is just about what everyone chooses to agree to.

What do u think?

Edited by JaCrispy

No. My point was that the owners were discussing the actions of black players so the "inmates" in this phrase would be those black players.

For that I was called a moron. That's all.

No. My point was that the owners were discussing the actions of black players so the "inmates" in this phrase would be those black players.

oh, so at harvard did they not cover language arts or reading?

a term thats been around almost 200 years is raysis because you're sensitive = yep, i learned that at harvard, too.

I’m not black, and I only visited Harvard, but I disagree. If you think you own this reality, you are wrong. It’s an expression. It can be racist if you want to make it racist....but only in your mind.

Boyst was also there for several moon landkings, so feel free to ignore here...

no, i was not there for the moon landings. i was running oil in alaska with johnny horton.

I understand and it's a fair point. It's worth noting banking is a pretty old school industry. In my work experience (tech), it's extremely common for employees to make their feelings known to management. We're reasonably expensive to replace, so we exercise that leverage until we move on to greener pastures.

Tech is different. It's run by touchy - feely emotional millennials. Football isn't . Certainly not at the ownership level. Tech really is its own animal. It's also known for being discriminatory , not that I care about that that but it is.

Don't they kind of already do this through the CBA though- where the owners agree to some of the players demands?

If both sides eventually agree to have players stand for the anthem, I would be ok with that...to me there is no right or wrong answer as both sides have legit points of view imo. To me it is just about what everyone chooses to agree to.

What do u think?

I do FULLY agree that they vote with the CBA. It’s tricky because the average career is so short (compared to other sports), so the players tend to want their money NOW. It’s in no one's best interest to turn people off to the league. I tried to give a buddy a ticket for the game in Cincinnati and he refused. He joined us at the tailgate, but would NOT support the NFL. He’s NOT a racist, but I understood where he was coming from.

a term thats been around almost 200 years is raysis because you're sensitive = yep, i learned that at harvard, too.

no, i was not there for the moon landings. i was running oil in alaska with johnny horton.

Why is it that you're in every thread about race with these absolutely terrible posts? It's like you have some bizarre obsession with shouting your hostile stupidity as much as possible.

34,000+ posts of barely literate, frequently racist garbage. My goodness.

I do FULLY agree that they vote with the CBA. Its tricky because the average career is so short (compared to other sports), so the players tend to want their money NOW. Its in no one's best interest to turn people off to the league. I tried to give a buddy a ticket for the game in Cincinnati and he refused. He joined us at the tailgate, but would NOT support the NFL. Hes NOT a racist, but I understood where he was coming from.

Yup that's certainly understandable...I know people like that as well

They do. That's why I know that context means everything when something is said. A lot of horrible things have been around for hundreds of years.

Isn't the term "African-American" racist in and of itself?

Why don't people call themselves Polish-American or Irish-American or Eskimo-American or Jew-American or Iraqi-American or Brazilian American or Chilean American or ....(you insert the rest).

What the hell makes you different than any other American? Some kind of ego thing?

I mean really WTF?

Edited by PolishDave

They do. That's why I know that context means everything when something is said. A lot of horrible things have been around for hundreds of years.

is it possible to get a refund from the school? i think you should ask.

that, or man up.

it might be cheaper to just man up.

consider either.

Why is it that you're in every thread about race with these absolutely terrible posts? It's like you have some bizarre obsession with shouting your hostile stupidity as much as possible.

34,000+ posts of barely literate, frequently racist garbage. My goodness.

i'm out of lotion and have very little else to distract me.

btw, who are you?

First of all, it was the comment of ONE owner. White players also took a knee. Be objective, and correct. I didn’t call you a moron , but you seem to ask for it.

that, or man up.

consider either.

btw, who are you?

Man up? Really? What has this to do with manhood?

First of all, it was the comment of ONE owner. White players also took a knee. Be objective, and correct. I didn’t call you a moron , but you seem to ask for it.

My original post said vast majority were black since you wish to jump in midstream.

My original post said vast majority were black since you wish to jump in midstream.

If you think anyone is reading EVERY post, you are again mistaken. I responded to what you posted.

to get worked up over mean words is not manly or even adult.

sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. especially not stupid words like mcnairs - even if there was nothing wrong with what he said (there wasn't). he was just stupid for even commenting on it because you SJW's are soooo quick to jump on anything you can to cry victimhood. it's adorable, really.

that, or man up.

consider either.

btw, who are you?

I'm a poster interested in seeing thoughtful discussion about the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. You pollute the board with barely literate, usually racist garbage. Your posts are never insightful or funny, and they're often incoherent.

Basically, I'm trying to let you know you are bad at this and you should stop posting.

Thanks!

I'm a poster interested in seeing thoughtful discussion about the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. You pollute the board with barely literate, usually racist garbage. Your posts are never insightful or funny, and they're often incoherent.

Basically, I'm trying to let you know you are bad at this and you should stop posting.

Thanks!

you're welcome. if youo're ever in carolina lets talk it over drinking some daiquiris

see, this was my nice way of saying i don't really care, but i can help you out.

click here add my name. byebye felicia

It’s strange how I feel like I’m coming off as a racist for defending my views against people who have more of an agenda than I do. My best friends now are not white guys.

that's why i'm just having fun with it. it's hilarious seeing people worked up over something that literally is not altering their life whatsoever. and these damn early nights where its dark at 6:30pm kill me.

to get worked up over mean words is not manly or even adult.

sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. especially not stupid words like mcnairs - even if there was nothing wrong with what he said (there wasn't). he was just stupid for even commenting on it because you SJW's are soooo quick to jump on anything you can to cry victimhood. it's adorable, really.

What's funny was that my original post was to point out why using this phase in the context of that discussion was troubling and revealing of McNair's mindset. you obviously don't agree and that's fine. Time to move on.

My original post again:

"Posted Today, 06:27 PM

I have seen that some think that this is just a common phrase that the Texans players are reacting sensitively to.

Well, consider the fact that the meeting was called to discuss the players' protest to draw attention to racial inequality and the vast majority of protesters are black.

Who then are the inmates? Google the incarceration rates by race yourself and you will have to agree that this is not just a simple turn of phrase."

that's why i'm just having fun with it. it's hilarious seeing people worked up over something that literally is not altering their life whatsoever. and these damn early nights where its dark at 6:30pm kill me.

Kind of like kneeling during a song? ;)

Argue with idiots....people mght not be able to tell the difference.....

Its funny how if any thread has the smallest whiff of talk of racism....the same 5-6 posters stream over and post over and over again...like moths to a flame...its like watching 4 monkeys trying to fcku a football

you're welcome. if youo're ever in carolina lets talk it over drinking some daiquiris

see, this was my nice way of saying i don't really care, but i can help you out.

click here add my name. byebye felicia

It's always amazing how the very dumbest always seem to be the loudest. I guess if you weren't one, you wouldn't be the other. Like, if you had a degree more of thoughtfulness in your character, you might think, why am I posting this? What is the purpose of this?

In this case, for me, and this is why I won't block you, I think it's important to let you actually know that what you're posting is trash. I don't think you were picking up on all of the hints before. I mean, clearly not. 34,000+ posts, and a nonstop parade of people trying to politely disagree with your or tell you you're wrong.

So I'm going with the blunt version: you're bad at posting. Stop doing it.

What's funny was that my original post was to point out why using this phase in the context of that discussion was troubling and revealing of McNair's mindset. you obviously don't agree and that's fine. Time to move on.

My original post again:

"Posted Today, 06:27 PM

Who then are the inmates? Google the incarceration rates by race yourself and you will have to agree that this is not just a simple turn of phrase."

whats troubling is you actually think you know mcnairs mindset. that alone proves you're out of touch with realism.

clearly you're not getting it. read the rest of the thread, etc. i don't give a **** about incarceration rates of races or any of that nonsense. if you must lower the goal post and not simply just shift it you cannot produce a solid argument.

lighten up francis, you'll never come out of life alive. just a word to the wise.

i'm walking away from engaging you, too difficutl

Someone should look into the disproportionate number of African Americans in the NFL. Something fishy is going on I presume. I think Asians have a legitimate gripe.

Thanks!

Right. The storm troopers already have their very own forum on this board. We should all stick to football here.

Someone should look into the disproportionate number of African Americans in the NFL. Something fishy is going on I presume. I think Asians have a legitimate gripe.

Are you channeling Reggie White? Who made your watch???

Anyone who tries to make that phrase racist is at best hyper-sensitive, and at worst....._________________

While I don't think he meant it to be racist one bit, anyone of you crackers that can't understand why black players would be affected by that is the same thing. ;) They may have over reacted. I think they did. But it was a straw that broke the camel's back kind of thing. How can these guys not get it?

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Anyone who tries to make that phrase “racist” is at best hyper-sensitive, and at worst....._________________

please help grant out

Kind of like kneeling during a song? ;)

oh boy, you're going to love helping grant out you little midget shin kicker.

It's always amazing how the very dumbest always seem to be the loudest. I guess if you weren't one, you wouldn't be the other. Like, if you had a degree more of thoughtfulness in your character, you might think, why am I posting this? What is the purpose of this?

In this case, for me, and this is why I won't block you, I think it's important to let you actually know that what you're posting is trash. I don't think you were picking up on all of the hints before. I mean, clearly not. 34,000+ posts, and a nonstop parade of people trying to politely disagree with your or tell you you're wrong.

So I'm going with the blunt version: you're bad at posting. Stop doing it.

let me help you out. i know i'm an !@#$. i don't need you confirming this. and i've even helped you out. i quoted two people who have both met me and likely would confirm, and will confirm that i am just a narcissistic !@#$.

Right. The storm troopers already have their very own forum on this board. We should all stick to football here.

star wars reference?