Texans ready to walk out on owner after “inmate” comments

YoloinOhio

As I read more of your comments it seems like you are adding in your opinion as facts. I have yet to hear any player say that 'everyone' that disagrees with them are racists and I would guess that most, if not all of them would totally disagree with you on that point.

And, unironically say his point is based in white privilege (racist)...

1y4ff7.jpg

Edited by Paulus

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they aren't getting more mainstream. They are getting less mainstream in a more interconnected world. They're more visible than they've ever been because of modern media and the internet, but there are fewer of them than ever before.

Shhh.....that's not helping the narrative of 'wild hordes of white supremacists and racist cops around every corner' that the left is using as its cornerstone for the 2018 mid-terms.

Kind of ironic this is the same group of people who get so outraged over similarly unfounded anti-Muslim hysteria.

Edited by KD in CA

i don't mean anything personal by this but, are you sure? there is a strong undercurrent of victimhood that is very prevalent throughout today's society.

perhaps it all began when the entitlement programs began....

I didn't take it personally, but I can only speak of what I know. I don't see the 'victimhood' around me. Does it happen somewhere ? Likely yes. But i'm not sure if it's for the reason most people think. I employ a great number of lower income, minorities. I've learned a lot about how they live. It's pretty eye opening. Many choose their own fate, but many also really have little or no chance to escape the poverty and horrible surroundings many of them grow up in. It's complicated.

Edited by klos63

It's just an expression--yes, poor choice of words, but good grief...are the players really this thin-skinned?

I can't put my finger on them right now but IIRC, McNair has said some other things that were not exactly PC toward his players.

I suspect this is just another brick in the wall he's building...

not trying to single you out here but...

there is a reason why it is called a kids game. that is because most people who play it began playing it as a kid. in fact, most games are kid games. it is a saying, much like, 'the inmates run the asylum'........

It just seems to me a way to demean the players. It's not that important. More like a pet peeve for me.

Actually the reason reality shows exist is because Hollywood actors decided to strike it led to them finding out America doesn't need actors in order to watch TV.

Not really. The last actors strike was 1980 for three months. The one before that was led by Reagan in 1960. The Reality Show craze and boon started in the late 80s and early 90s with Survivor and Real World and Big Brother. Then exploded in the early 2000s. The writer's strike, if that's what you mean, was 2008. The industry did learn you didn't need writers for Reality Shows, nor actors, but that was long ago and not the reason people watch them. It's the reason a lot are made because they are so cheap.

I can't put my finger on them right now but IIRC, McNair has said some other things that were not exactly PC toward his players.

Now if this was another Houston football owner of the past - Bud Adams, now that would be interesting. What a piece of work he was.

I didn't take it personally, but I can only speak of what I know. I don't see the 'victimhood' around me. Does it happen somewhere ? Likely yes. But i'm not sure if it's for the reason most people think. I employee a great number of lower income, minorities. I've learned a lot about how they live. It's pretty eye opening. Many choose their own fate, but many also really have little or no chance to escape the poverty and horrible surroundings many of them grow up in. It's complicated.

no doubt it's complicated.

inner city demographics are hard to overcome for a multitude of reasons.

the thing is though, you do not help any man by giving him a fish to eat, you help him by teaching him how to fish.

This may not be about players but he's a doozy...

"Everybody respected their courage," McNair told me of the Indians. "They might not have respected the way they held their whiskey, but. ..." He laughed. "We respected their courage. They’re very brave people."

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/bob-mcnairs-eloquent-treatise-on-native-americans

no doubt it's complicated.

inner city demographics are hard to overcome for a multitude of reasons.

the thing is though, you do not help any man by giving him a fish to eat, you help him by teaching him how to fish.

The problem is ,referring to my employees, is that they had nobody to teach them how to fish, now they are in their 20's, 30's .... and don't know the basics of getting through life. And then they have kids, and they don't know how to teach them properly either. It's a cruel cycle. We've pulled aside some employees over the years and tried to 'teach them how to fish', but there are too many. And it's getting tougher on these people, not easier.

I didn't take it personally, but I can only speak of what I know. I don't see the 'victimhood' around me. Does it happen somewhere ? Likely yes. But i'm not sure if it's for the reason most people think. I employee a great number of lower income, minorities. I've learned a lot about how they live. It's pretty eye opening. Many choose their own fate, but many also really have little or no chance to escape the poverty and horrible surroundings many of them grow up in. It's complicated.

Across racial lines approximately 80% of all individuals who make three decisions in their lives actually ascend to the middle class: don't have kids out of wedlock, make sure to graduate from high school, and get and keep any job.

Only 2% of all people who do all of those things don't escape poverty.

Data from the Brookings Institute, a left leaning think tank.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

This may not be about players but he's a doozy...

"Everybody respected their courage," McNair told me of the Indians. "They might not have respected the way they held their whiskey, but. ..." He laughed. "We respected their courage. They’re very brave people."

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/bob-mcnairs-eloquent-treatise-on-native-americans

?

This is the dumbest thing I've read since the Anquan Boldin thread.

It's a common phrase, with a colloquial understanding, which was stated incorrectly. There is no inference of racism.

This is just more horseshit from idiots looking for things to be offended about where no offense exists.

"People who don't think the same way I do are idiots."

Exhibit A as to why we are the way we are today.