I will upgrade the forum next weekend 11/3ish

SDS

Especially with the issues regarding iOS 11 and punctuation. The URL will change. I am going to move it back under twobillsdrive.com as a subdirectory instead of the forums sub domain we have now.

I will probably just make a copy of the database and do the transfer over in the subdirectory. There may be a window where a certain number of new posts are lost that night. That's probably a better solution than me just turning everything off for the night while I transfer things.

I'm pretty sure everyone will have to login again. Make sure you know your password and your login name.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up. Is there an anticipated amount of time that the site will be down?

No idea. I don't actually expect the site to be down. As I explained I will be installing the new software separately on a copy of the database that I will make Friday night. I assume that will take me several hours to go through and that's without doing more than a simple logo change on the look. You will know there was a change when I redirect the forum to the subdirectory.

Maybe a Monday is better. That way you have a week to work any kinks out before a game.just a thought.

If anything catastrophic happens I will just go back to the original database. I would rather I have Saturday to deal with issues.

No idea. I don't actually expect the site to be down. As I explained I will be installing the new software separately on a copy of the database that I will make Friday night. I assume that will take me several hours to go through and that's without doing more than a simple logo change on the look. You will know there was a change when I redirect the forum to the subdirectory.

Gotcha. :thumbsup:

Monday a lot of posters want to come on and chat or complain about the game. I think Friday is probably the best day.

Friday night and Saturday are the down periods of the week. You know when people aren't working. LOL

And since it was just brought up let me just say the following The look will be different. The software is different than it is today. The functionality is not exactly the same. The changes are necessary. Our current software is broken. The upgrade will happen and people will get used to the changes. Trust me. It will all be OK.

Please do not waste your time telling me "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Friday night and Saturday are the down periods of the week. You know when people aren't working. LOL

Dont you mean actually working? Thanks for the heads up and all you do! Edited by Augie

And since it was just brought up let me just say the following The look will be different. The software is different than it is today. The functionality is not exactly the same. The changes are necessary. Our current software is broken. The upgrade will happen and people will get used to the changes. Trust me. It will all be OK.

Please do not waste your time telling me "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Good luck. I am sure it will work out well.

If anything catastrophic happens I will just go back to the original database. I would rather I have Saturday to deal with issues.

That makes sense. Fingers crossed for ya.

Especially with the issues regarding iOS 11 and punctuation. The URL will change. I am going to move it back under twobillsdrive.com as a subdirectory instead of the forums sub domain we have now.

I will probably just make a copy of the database and do the transfer over in the subdirectory. There may be a window where a certain number of new posts are lost that night. That's probably a better solution than me just turning everything off for the night while I transfer things.

I'm pretty sure everyone will have to login again. Make sure you know your password and your login name.

so the lack apostrophes isnt just my eyes deceiving me? YES! Im not crazy!