Is this sunday the biggest game in Buffalo in years?

One thing I will say about this matchup, obviously we did go into Oakland last year and jumped out to a 2 score lead before one of the more epic implosions during the 17 year drought where we actually ended up losing by 2 scores. And like most fans I was sickened and disgusted by that one.

But that's also the reason I have dire concerns about this game, the defense was destroyed during Oakland's comeback last year and we are returning a lot of the same players this year and possibly going to be fielding a mash unit in the secondary.

Bottom line though is that this game is in Buffalo and true playoff teams have to win games like this on their home field. Also Oakland traditionally don't travel well to the east coast although they have had more time to get ready.

i agree with most of this, but i think this defense is drastically different from the one that played oakland last year.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the way to look at it. Cold and wet game vs a team traveling west to east @ 1 pm should all lead to a win. Mccoy keeps running well, Taylor makes plays and the defense gets timely stops late all leads to a bills win by 10.

Happy to see the Bills creating a home field advantage like it used to be.

I agree, Jets and Dolphins don't scare me and the Pats will own us. I think the 3 biggest games left on the schedule are Raiders, Saints and Chargers. We have to win all 3 of those in order to even have a chance at playoffs.

The Pats are still a work in progress. ATL is in all sorts of trouble. I dont buy too much in that win. Their run game is still poor, and have had the benefit of 4th quarter leads. Buffalo will play them very tough at home. In the cold and bad weather I am curious to see how Brady holds up.

Seems like we say this every week for every game. Biggest game? No. It will go a long way in determining if this team is a viable playoff team. Who would have thought the Bills roster as constructed would be competing 7 weeks into the season with 4 wins. I'm sure they would have taken the depth of positions like WR and LB a lot more seriously.

the raiders were too good to go into a 5 game slide. as many have mentioned, i think it comes down to the bills injury report. that being said, i think this is one of those games where the home field advantage is unusually large. i wouldn't be surprised if the oakland come in and beat down the bills, but the bills can certainly take one here. to be honest, i'm still unsure of exactly who this bills team is yet.

My feeling exactly, but I think the disappointments of the past are coloring our opinions of a damn good football team. I think we're afraid of success.

One thing I will say about this matchup, obviously we did go into Oakland last year and jumped out to a 2 score lead before one of the more epic implosions during the 17 year drought where we actually ended up losing by 2 scores. And like most fans I was sickened and disgusted by that one.

But that's also the reason I have dire concerns about this game, the defense was destroyed during Oakland's comeback last year and we are returning a lot of the same players this year and possibly going to be fielding a mash unit in the secondary.

Bottom line though is that this game is in Buffalo and true playoff teams have to win games like this on their home field. Also Oakland traditionally don't travel well to the east coast although they have had more time to get ready.

This is sloppy. I was pretty high on you for a while. Now I'm not so sure.

My feeling exactly, but I think the disappointments of the past are coloring our opinions of a damn good football team. I think we're afraid of success.

oh absolutely. how many times as fans have we been at this exact point at this exact time of the season? we're all waiting to be kicked in the ding ding. the only benefit of enduring this time and time again is that i've become numb to it. the way i'm looking at it for now is that the bills are exceeding my expectations, and that bodes well for the future.

agreed. there's an art to what he's doing. respect it and don't get lazy on us.

I'm as cynical as anyone when it comes to the Bills, but here is what happens with the Raiders:

Bills Offense: runs the ball all-over the Raider's D. The Raider's D is soft, and McCoy and TT will run all over it. TT needs to run more and make defenses respect his running ability. He did a good job of it last week, and it opened up the passing game. In terms of the passing game, I expect Thompson or Matthews to have a good game, and O'Leary/L. Thomas to be productive. We have enough weapons there to be successful.

Bills Defense: The Raider's O has under-performed. I think we have great ball control (see above); and Carr only has a few chances to score. We now have a fantastic D coordinator and one of the best corners in the game (White). Meanwhile, the other D players are great fits in this system. We hold Oakland to under 10 points.

Bills 24, Oakland 10.

So you weren't furious after the Bills imploded against the Raiders last year knowing they had a real shot at the playoffs still? I was so angry I almost threw the remote at the tv and upset my young son.

Yes we have a new coach, but we are not even 12 months removed from that game.

Key of course is going to be the defense and what they do against the Raiders but early returns aren't promising if you consider what this team has given up the last two games in terms of passing yards, TD's, and points.

I fully expect Oakland to come in OP and just beat this over rated defense down.

I disagree. I do not think this defense is over rated.... I think it is manned with a lack of solid depth. There is just too much of a drop off between most of the starters and the back ups.

Edited by aceman_16