Jameis humbled our D

CanadianFan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

REALLY??? Frazier said that??? Tampa has the best passing offense in the league. And next to worst rushing offense. And our plan was to stop their RUN? hmmm are you sure he said that?

Yes. In answer to a question about the play of the DTs in his PC yesterday. In GR's audio vault, it's with about 4:57 remaining in the PC.

Much of the success Winston had was due to our pass rushers not getting to him fast enough.

Winston was getting it put quickly and accurately too. He is good. Carr had one of the quickest snap to throw times in the league last season. I don't expect this to be a breakout game for the pass rush either for that reason..

The one consolation we have is that we have 2nd most INTs in the league with 9.

So yeah what we thought is still true. We will have trouble slowing down Brady.

Only consolation ????? The number of INTs is what has put as at 4-2. The yards given is fairly meaningless if teams have not been able to score against us. We are still the 4th best Scoring Defense...

I think Winston is good, but I honestly don't think he gets to 300 yards if all our dbs are healthy.

Btw (and it is probably just me) why does it always seem like I hear about how injuries "devastate" other teams around the league, but it is barely referenced when it comes to Bills injuries?

Don't get me wrong, it will get mentioned in the game, but during the week you never hear someone say, "keep in mind the bills were without so-and-so."

As Belichek always point out, people obsess about yards, you dont lose a game based on yards, you lose it based on points.

Wit the Bills zone were are going to give up chunks of yards to good QBs that have a quick release and are accurate short to intermediate range. Brady could put up 500 against us. Key is our defense tightens up in the red zone as the field compresses and we are constantly going for turnover, the Bucs had 6 fumbles, 6 last weekend. Most of those were forced by our defense.

So yes we have and we wil continue to give up chunks of yards, but to win we have to keep forcing turnovers and hold teams to FGs instead of TDs.

this

You say this like it's a bad thing.

Was thinking the exact same thing.

I think Winston is good, but I honestly don't think he gets to 300 yards if all our dbs are healthy.

Btw (and it is probably just me) why does it always seem like I hear about how injuries "devastate" other teams around the league, but it is barely referenced when it comes to Bills injuries?

Don't get me wrong, it will get mentioned in the game, but during the week you never hear someone say, "keep in mind the bills were without so-and-so."

I wonder if maybe after 17 yrs of sucking,we are an afterthought to most and that's OK with me.

Is there any team with a better five skill players than Evans, Jackson, Howard, Bratt and Martin? Not many if any.

Very few I agree. One team that cannot match Tampa in the skill department: The Raiders. Raiders are good, but not as good as Tampa skill wise IMO.

After reigning the NFL as the top scoring defense for a few weeks, Bills defense has come back to reality. We are now the 4th ranked scoring defense in the league. Mighty seahawks are leading that title once again.

We have one of the better run defenses, ranking 7th in the league at 84.5 yards given up per game.
We were all worried about this secondary before the season began. Its early bright start had us thinking they are way better than we thought. Look again: Bills secondary is 26th in the league at 258.7 yards given up per game. Only 5 teams are worse. And we have yet to face Brady. (Giants are one spot below us, but have the same yardage given up at 258.7. I assume the tie breaker was this:) The one consolation we have is that we have 2nd most INTs in the league with 9.
So yeah what we thought is still true. We will have trouble slowing down Brady.

Yea our defense sucks.

Our pass defense has been a little overhyped, but is effective mostly because of ball-hawking. Without the turnover ratio it's not very impessive at all. Losing Gaines had a massive impact too. We need depth like nobody's business.

Run defense is legit.

I think we still finish top 10 in scoring defense at the end of the year, again mostly due to turnovers. Tampa walked all over us up and down the field, but we won because they kept giving us (or we took, rather) the ball.

I said weeks ago this defense was smoke and mirrors and would come back to reality once we started playing some of the upper echelon QB's and offenses in this league.

Don't get me wrong, we are still very solid in terms of limiting points, turnovers, QB pressure, etc but the lack of talent and playmakers (specifically at LB) is starting to show.

This is why I have a very bad feeling about the Raiders game because if we are without both Poyer and Gaines it's going to get ugly.