Deonte Thompson

He's fast but probably more like 4.4. He ran 4.31 at pro day not combine.

He does look like an NFL receiver though. Runs decent routes. Has hands. Gets open. Catches the ball. Who knew?

Actually it said his times ranged from 4.23 to 4.33 with a composite of 4.31

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it said his times ranged from 4.23 to 4.33 with a composite of 4.31

Pro days are run by the schools. They are not to be trusted. Even if scouts from teams had their own stopwatches, which they do, those are not the numbers that are made public. He didn't run a 4.2. There isn't any way team would be cutting him the way they do if he is the fastest player in the league and can catch and run routes. ;)

Goodwin ran 4.27 which was fifth best ever.

He was cut in preseason in 2015 due to an injury in camp.

In Chicago he was a top WR but when they switched QBs he went out of favor.

Yeah I remember him being cut here to much disappointment from the board. I was surprised to hear him cut from the Bears.

Exactly. Tyrod's critics aren't taking into consideration what a sorry group of receivers we have this year. Yet they are getting it done. It's impressive.

I agree, I thought Tyrod played more aggressive today — both with throwing to covered receivers, the downfield balls, and his willingness to run — than we've seen since the last game against Miami in 2016.

It feels like his mentality has changed a little bit. I like it.

Thank you, Michael Vick?

Would not put much into article. It is by Mike Rodakent, ESPN's favorite Pats* troll, and it has in subject line his favorite world "Could" as in the "the world Could be ending tomorrow" or "La Conjecture Could be getting his tips from the Russians".

Edited by Limeaid

I would not be shocked to see Deonte Thompson replace Zay Jones in the starting line-up against Oakland. In fact, I think they should. Jordan Matthews, Deonte Thompson, and Andre Holmes is at least a competent trio.

They need to protect Zay a little bit better, or they're going to wreck the poor kid. Zay needs to be able to watch from the sidelines more and adjust to the game.

Or maybe the need to move Zay to the slot which is his natural position?

Not sure if posted yet. Bears fans react to Thompson's debut with the Bills. Some, apparently, had no idea he wasn't a Bear anymore. (Note the flaming car gif one poster has as his signature.)

http://www.bearsfansonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11854&sid=087194b2039d7b7dd943815b19f4c0ec

Edited by PromoTheRobot