Deonte Thompson

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deonte Thompson illustrated just how bad the Bills receivers were. He was cut by the Bears and had 100+ a week later. He might be the best receiver on the team.

One of them. That's how bad we were.

Interestingly, Thompson played against the Bucs for the Bears in week two. He caught four balls for 57 yards and a TD.

Crazy to think the Bears cut DT and he walks on the field in Orchard Park as the #1 or #2 after 5 days of practice.

Tyrod haters need to quiet down - that throw to DT in the 4th qtr to answer that Yucks TD was awesome. Deep touch is coming back now that he's throwing to DT and not Zay - will give Zay 8 games before I label him a bust - not looking good. As always, hope I'm wrong there.

I really hated TT's decision making to close out the first half.

Dude put a couple on DT that were perfect and was $ in the run game.

One cannot underestimate how much time they spent together in Baltimore.

All said, great development for the Buffalo Bills Nation.

You don't see the difference between what you just said, which is true, and only going into a game against a passing team, with four active CBs, one of whom wasn't even on your team three days earlier? And that guy gives up THREE huge plays late in the game, some of the very biggest in the game, and then you cut him two days later? You don't think that is substantially different than just second guessing an every day normal decision?

It's WAY different.

Before the Bengals game my friends and I were talking about it. How could they possibly go into this game with only three cornerbacks? Mabin was the fourth. Every team has five. You start three.

No offense KTD, but the thought that some fans that you went to a bar with put more thought into their DB issue than Beane/McD/Frazier is a bit silly.

I suppose you didn't come away with the impression that I did with Beane/McD when they were hired. These are very detailed natured guys, they are very meticulous and process orientated. You nor I are part of their meetings but if I had to bet my last bottom dollar I guarantee you that they went over their lack of depth DB issue with a fine comb. That they went over and over and decided that they didn't have enough confidence to go with some of their other DB's that are on the practice squad and made the difficult calculation that they believed that Poyer and Hyde would be better suited playing man to man on certain formations than the guys they passed over.

And if they could have gotten someone that they thought fit into their long-term views who could immediately contribute off of waivers or some other team's practice squad I believe they would have done that. Everything that you brought up, they know full and well that this is an area of concern and for now they will go with patchwork solutions until they address next year in the draft and F.A.

At this stage, it's hard for anyone to make a compelling argument against McD/Beane. They've impressed with their decision making and have the results to back it up.

i admittedly had to look up 26 Taiwan Jones. I knew he was on the team but didn't know his #

Didn't he wear #7 at one time? He should get more carries to spell Shady. Super fast

they wanted to bring back Tanner Gentry who apparently had chemistry with Mitchell in the offseason. Also the Bears may be the only team that passes less than the Bills.

Why'd the Bills let him go in the first place?

No offense KTD, but the thought that some fans that you went to a bar with put more thought into their DB issue than Beane/McD/Frazier is a bit silly.

I suppose you didn't come away with the impression that I did with Beane/McD when they were hired. These are very detailed natured guys, they are very meticulous and process orientated. You nor I are part of their meetings but if I had to bet my last bottom dollar I guarantee you that they went over their lack of depth DB issue with a fine comb. That they went over and over and decided that they didn't have enough confidence to go with some of their other DB's that are on the practice squad and made the difficult calculation that they believed that Poyer and Hyde would be better suited playing man to man on certain formations than the guys they passed over.

And if they could have gotten someone that they thought fit into their long-term views who could immediately contribute off of waivers or some other team's practice squad I believe they would have done that. Everything that you brought up, they know full and well that this is an area of concern and for now they will go with patchwork solutions until they address next year in the draft and F.A.

At this stage, it's hard for anyone to make a compelling argument against McD/Beane. They've impressed with their decision making and have the results to back it up.

Overall they have been very good. 4-2 proves that. That doesn't mean they have been infallible. It doesn't mean they haven't made gross errors of judgement. The Mabin decision was atrocious and you could literally point the loss at the three plays that guy made. It's not as though they were dumb for signing him. They were dumb for only having a total of FOUR when you need five, and one of the four wasn't even on the team or any team three days before the game. Are you going to say that was a good idea? It was obvious before the game that was a horrible idea. And then they did it again, although the four guy this week was an NFL player. It nearly bit them again.

Overall they have been very good. 4-2 proves that. That doesn't mean they have been infallible. It doesn't mean they haven't made gross errors of judgement. The Mabin decision was atrocious and you could literally point the loss at the three plays that guy made. It's not as though they were dumb for signing him. They were dumb for only having a total of FOUR when you need five, and one of the four wasn't even on the team or any team three days before the game. Are you going to say that was a good idea? It was obvious before the game that was a horrible idea. And then they did it again, although the four guy this week was an NFL player. It nearly bit them again.

Magox is just an idiot......no matter how obvious the point, he won't get it so you are wasting your strokes.

The team is buying in and playing hard........but they've been tightrope walking their way thru the season because of bad decisions that could have been avoided...........and the tape is starting to accumulate..........Bucs were going thru that defense like sh*t-thru-goose.......it gets tougher and you have to play better because the good teams start to play like it in late October/early November.

So here we are.......4-2 again.....just like last year..........does the defense step back up next week or give up another 400 yard passing day to Carr?

Gotta' get better..........otherwise it's another SWEEEEEEEEEEET SEVEN AND NINE......BOP BOP BOP! SO GOOD SO GOOD SO GOOD!

Magox is just an idiot......no matter how obvious the point, he won't get it so you are wasting your strokes.

The team is buying in and playing hard........but they've been tightrope walking their way thru the season because of bad decisions that could have been avoided...........and the tape is starting to accumulate..........Bucs were going thru that defense like sh*t-thru-goose.......it gets tougher and you have to play better because the good teams start to play like it in late October/early November.

So here we are.......4-2 again.....just like last year..........does the defense step back up next week or give up another 400 yard passing day to Carr?

Gotta' get better..........otherwise it's another SWEEEEEEEEEEET SEVEN AND NINE......BOP BOP BOP! SO GOOD SO GOOD SO GOOD!

The Bucs are loaded on offense with good skill players. Its surprising theyve been playing so poorly. They put it together today.

Did not know Thompson had that kind of speed...he runs a sub 4.3 40...this could be the deep field stretcher the Bills need in this offense...

He's fast but probably more like 4.4. He ran 4.31 at pro day not combine.

He does look like an NFL receiver though. Runs decent routes. Has hands. Gets open. Catches the ball. Who knew?

How could they possibly go into this game with only three cornerbacks? Mabin was the fourth. Every team has five. You start three.

Any chance we can sticky/archive this post for draft season?

I mean, if/when the Bills draft another CB in the 1st, it would awfully handy to have this in-season post to remind people why we draft CBs in general, if not in the 1st round, when we aren't playing real games.

Edited by OCinBuffalo