Week 7: Bucs' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JoeBuscaglia

Matthews making progress, what Thompson provides, and might the #Bills try to trade an OT? 5 practice takeaways: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-5-takeaways-from-buffalo-bills-practice-10_18_17-

@salmaiorana

How is that relevant? He's coaching a different team and Tampa also has different players and coaches?

I think its relevant from the same Division perspective. While scheme has changed some players remain, those players show tendencies. Same point of view considered for ATL and especially CAR game. My two cents.

Yeah, I hit the Googs to learn more about it, and this page on the Bucs site goes pretty in depth on the Bills/Bucs series history. They never came to Buffalo until 2009. But we played them eight times in Tampa from 1976 to 2005. But it doesn't explain why the schedule was so quirky like that. I know the expansion and realignment in 2002 lead to the current scheduling format for inter-conference games. But still. So weird.

http://m.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Series-History-Bucs-Bills/483ece0a-576b-4227-89af-828f26776890

It wasn't until realignment in 2002 that it became a requirement to play in each stadium at least once every six years. Before then there were still yearly cross-divisional matchups, but whether a game was home or away was based upon different factors (I believe) and "Tampa @ Buffalo" was just never a match in the years the AFC East played the NFC Central (where Tampa moved after their first season).

How is that relevant? He's coaching a different team and Tampa also has different players and coaches?

The players are part of the equation, the scheme is another. It's relevant but not necessarily completely indicative.

Bills safety Micah Hyde talked about adjusting to life in Buffalo and preparing for Sunday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Former NFL QB and FOX Sports analyst Michael Vick joined the show to talk about his upcoming feature on Bills QB Tyrod Taylor.

Running Back Lesean McCoy addressed the media after practice topics include; improving the run game, learning during the bye week, and facing Tampa Bay's defense.

QB Tyrod Taylor talks about what the offense worked on during the bye week and the matchup with Tampa Bay this weekend.

White: "I Gotta Bounce Back" (3:00)
Bills CB Tre'Davious White spoke with the media about Sunday's matchup against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, performance improvement after the bye, being a competitor and more.

Watch: Matthews, Gaines, Johnson Return to Practice (2:00)
Bills' Insider Chris Brown compiles the news of the day as several key players returned to practice on Wednesday.

Buccaneers Injury Report, October 18

By Joe Kania - buccaneers.com

A look at Wednesday's injury report.

Ryan Fitzpatrick Prepares for Possible Start

By Scott Smith - buccaneers.com

Veteran QB Ryan Fitzpatrick may be needed on Sunday in Buffalo, and he's motivated by a desire not to let Jameis Winston down…Plus, Ryan Griffin's return and more.

Bills awarded waiver claim for LB Tyrell Adams

adams-10-18-story.jpg

The back half of Buffalo's roster continued to churn on Wednesday with the waiver claim addition of LB Tyrell Adams.

@WGR550

Sean McDermott addressed the media on the Bucs, injuries, and how he evaluates his quarterback. #Bills

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/mcdermott-says-tyrod-taylor-has-had-some-playoff-caliber-moments

It wasn't until realignment in 2002 that it became a requirement to play in each stadium at least once every six years. Before then there were still yearly cross-divisional matchups, but whether a game was home or away was based upon different factors (I believe) and "Tampa @ Buffalo" was just never a match in the years the AFC East played the NFC Central (where Tampa moved after their first season).

Do we really have to play KC and Cinncy practically every year?

@TBBuccaneers

Lavonte vs. LeSean

DMc82OIUMAEjfQ9.jpg

Buccaneers Injury Report, October 18

The Buccaneers and Bills both released their first injury reports of the week on Wednesday and both teams had several players listed. The most notable name on the Buccaneers' list is Jameis Winston, who was limited during Wednesday's practice with a shoulder injury. Winston did not throw during practice. Below is the full injury report:

BUCCANEERS
QB Jameis Winston (shoulder) - limited
LB Kwon Alexander (hamstring) - full
LB Lavonte David (ankle) - limited
S Josh Robinson (consussion) - full
DE Ryan Russell (shoulder) - did not participate
S Keith Tandy (hip) - limited
DE Noah Spence (shoulder) - limited
S T.J. Ward (hip) - limited

BILLS
TE Charles Clay (knee) - did not participate
CB E.J. Gaines (groin) - limited
TE Cordy Glenn (ankle/foot) - full
LB Ramon Humber (thumb) - did not participate
CB Leonard Johnson (hamstring) - limited
WR Jordan Matthews (thumb) - limited

RICHIE INCOGNITO: "EXECUTE ON THE FIELD" (2:18)

Offensive Lineman Richie Incognito addressed the media inside the locker room topics include; evaluating the offense during the bye week, eliminating negative plays, and getting the run game going.

BILLS VS. BUCCANEERS: THROUGH THE YEARS

tempAP_090920067197--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.
Check out photos of memorable Bills vs. Buccaneers games through the years.

Winston to throw some at Bucs practice today

Bucs QB Jameis Winston only did hand-offs at practice on Wednesday and was limited as he tries to recover from a sprained AC joint in his throwing shoulder. Now there are reports that he’ll be throwing at practice today (Thursday).

@ScottSBucs

Jameis Winston says he feels pretty good and his shoulder is getting better every day.

@SalSports

Jameis Winston tells Tampa media he doesn't know if he will throw today, but will follow the plan when he gets to practice.

Winston says he's feeling better every day.

Winston says he's "used to the pain" of an AC joint injury. Had some others in his past.

Winston: "My thought process is to play." Says it will be a joint decision on if he plays. "Whatever happens, happens."

Reporter: Do you think it might be smart to take a week off? Winston: If that's what you think. ??

@AndrewSiciliano

Jameis Winston: "My thought process is to play." Says he's feeling better, it's a pain management issue, Sunday will be a team decision.

@JoeBuscaglia

WR Jordan Matthews is practicing again today #Bills

LT Cordy Glenn, CB EJ Gaines, and CB Leonard Johnson are all practicing today as well. #Bills

Richie Incognito is not practicing today, given a rest day. #Bills

Cordy Glenn lined up at left tackle with the first-team offense to start practice. #Bills

Ryan Groy is lined up at left guard for the testing Richie Incognito. #Bills

Vlad Ducasse is at right guard, Jordan Mills at right tackle. #Bills

I obviously am wrong, but Groy seems so much better than Ducasse to me.

The guy came in and played some great football last year for us, I must have missed something. Can he not play RG? Has he tried?

I was under the impression when camp started we had two solid guards in Richie and Miller, and Groy would provide depth at both positions (and of course center if Wood went down again)

Then all of the sudden Miller can't hold his own, we bring in Ducasse who must have blackmail naked photos of the coaching staff or something, and Groy can't crack the starting lineup.

Strange indeed.............

@SalSports

Dion Dawkins getting some reps at right tackle during individual. Seantrel Henderson lining up on left side NEXT to Glenn in some heavy sets.

@JoeBuscaglia

After the 1st-team offense got their fill, Dion Dawkins took a couple of reps at RT. First time we’ve seen him there in a while. #Bills

FailingJovialIbadanmalimbe-size_restrict

@NFLSTROUD

#BucsNFL_2017_TAMPABuccaneers.png Jameis Winston: “I’m ready. When it’s time to let me go, I’m ready.’’

@SalSports

Dion Dawkins getting some reps at right tackle during individual. Seantrel Henderson lining up on left side NEXT to Glenn in some heavy sets.

@JoeBuscaglia

After the 1st-team offense got their fill, Dion Dawkins took a couple of reps at RT. First time we’ve seen him there in a while. #Bills

FailingJovialIbadanmalimbe-size_restrict

@NFLSTROUD

#BucsNFL_2017_TAMPABuccaneers.png Jameis Winston: “I’m ready. When it’s time to let me go, I’m ready.’’

They're already cutting Winston for Fitz? :cry::w00t: