Finding Teddy: Should the Bills acquire Bridgewater?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell no...are you smoking something?? Dude wasnt that great BEFORE suffering what might be the worst injury for a QB ever and you want us to trade for him?? What planet do you live on? The one where Madden is real life?

Edited by matter2003

Based on his pre injury play he'd certainly be an upgrade over Taylor, but at this time we need to focus on other areas of need and draft our own franchise QB next year (assuming we don't already have him on the roster with Peterman of course).

Care to elaborate? 32 tds to 21 ints for Bridgewater over 2 years, lower qbr, lower qb rating, lower ypa, less than 100 yards more passing in 29 games (an average of 3 yards per game), slightly higher completion %, less rushing yards and tds, more fumbles....

There were many rumbles that Teddy wasn't the answer before his injury. He may have put it together, he may not have but his play wasn't any better than Tyrod's pre-injury. So can you please fill me in on how he is certainly an upgrade pre-injury?

@TomPelissero

#Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater addressing media. "Didn't feel rusty at all" yesterday. Many milestones and getting back to practice was one.

Teddy on confidence in knee: "I'm very confident. I wouldn't go out on that practice field if I wasn't." Won't speculate on when might play.

Teddy Bridgewater says "I definitely believe I'll play this year." But can't just say it. Needs to work and prove to everyone he can.

like what we saw with RG3, Bridgewater was good because there was the threat he would run. now that he has a bum knee he won't be mobile and as a pure pocket passer he is sub-par. so no thanks.

:Edit: Guess I was wrong, I was confused by his Madden ratings where he's one of the best running QB's in the game. He's just a sub par pocket QB in real life

You formed an opinion from Madden ratings?

Have we not had enough of other teams' caste offs and rejects for the last 20 years? I don't want him, just like I don't want Krapsondick (or however it's actually spelled). If this Bills team decides that Taylor is not the guy going forward, I want to see Peterman. Show us what we have THIS year and determine whether we need to draft a quarterback next Spring. Besides all of that, I think that the Vikings will try to re-sign him for 2018. He's better than Keenum and Bradford, but really nothing special.

Have we not had enough of other teams' caste offs and rejects for the last 20 years? I don't want him, just like I don't want Krapsondick (or however it's actually spelled). If this Bills team decides that Taylor is not the guy going forward, I want to see Peterman. Show us what we have THIS year and determine whether we need to draft a quarterback next Spring. Besides all of that, I think that the Vikings will try to re-sign him for 2018. He's better than Keenum and Bradford, but really nothing special.

Peterman? He shouldn't and won't (I suspect) be a determining factor in whether the Bills draft a QB in '18. They will regardless if they are smart.

Peterman? He shouldn't and won't (I suspect) be a determining factor in whether the Bills draft a QB in '18. They will regardless if they are smart.

Let me take a short step back. Let's say that Peterman gets the nod to start the last 6 games of the year and looks great. My point is not that they won't draft a quarterback next year, but that they won't draft a quarterback EARLY. If he looks like a starter, you don't turn around and waste a high draft pick on another starter that will not get on the field. No team does that. That's where I was going with it.

Let me take a short step back. Let's say that Peterman gets the nod to start the last 6 games of the year and looks great. My point is not that they won't draft a quarterback next year, but that they won't draft a quarterback EARLY. If he looks like a starter, you don't turn around and waste a high draft pick on another starter that will not get on the field. No team does that. That's where I was going with it.

He's not going to.