Who do we want to win today? NE vs NYJ?

wppete

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe the conspiracy theories, but I think I'm about to change my mind.

As others have said, there was NO conclusive evidence that he didn't have the ball as he went into the end zone.

In fact, it seemed much more likely that he regained control before he got to the goal line, in which case the instant he landed on the pylon it was a TD. If what I just said is POSSIBLE, then there's no conclusive evidence that he didn't have possession.

That call, and the earlier pass interference call, both looked like the officials were looking for ways to give the game to the Patriots.

I am sure the Jets will get a nice letter from the league office. Dear Jets you are correct we screwed the pooch on that call. Sorry but we need our golden team to win to offset all the bad publicity we have had lately. We will try better to conform to our own rules in the future.

I was mowing my lawn. The announcemers sound like the refs jobbed the Jets and handed the game to NE. Is that correct?

Do you remember the "Go get the gimp." scene from Pulp Fiction? The Jets were the gimp on that call. I would even go as far as saying I thought that call was worse than the 'Tuck rule' one. It was that bad. http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21033843

Edited by Peace Frog

I was mowing my lawn. The announcemers sound like the refs jobbed the Jets and handed the game to NE. Is that correct?

Yeah, A. S-F went airborne toward the Pylon. Lost the ball midair but regained grip on it and had it when he hit the Pylon. Called TD in the field then reversed... horrible

The talking heads on CBS are spending a lot of time on the controversial play.

What a horrible call. The key is it was called a TD on the field.

With the various angles and the subtleties of the play itself, there is no definitive way to say that is clearly NOT a TD...so the call on the field stands. TD.

Suggesting otherwise is criminal!

The talking heads on CBS are spending a lot of time on the controversial play.

What a horrible call. The key is it was called a TD on the field.

With the various angles and the subtleties of the play itself, there is no definitive way to say that is clearly NOT a TD...so the call on the field stands. TD.

Suggesting otherwise is criminal!

If the Ryan fumble call wasn't reversed on replay this one certainly shouldn't have been either. Nothing definitive when he actually hit the Pylon. It actually looked like he had possession there

I don't believe the conspiracy theories, but I think I'm about to change my mind.

As others have said, there was NO conclusive evidence that he didn't have the ball as he went into the end zone.

In fact, it seemed much more likely that he regained control before he got to the goal line, in which case the instant he landed on the pylon it was a TD. If what I just said is POSSIBLE, then there's no conclusive evidence that he didn't have possession.

That call, and the earlier pass interference call, both looked like the officials were looking for ways to give the game to the Patriots.

I was converted a couple of seasons back, there is something fishy going on here and I think it's kept us out of the playoffs.