Shaq Lawson Another Whaley Mistake?

Irv

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, but maybe not. And he may not be worth the second contract he gets.

Agreed, but that was not argued last year. There were a ton of posts about his sack numbers in college.

I'm struggling to understand how posts on this friggin message board mean anything in regard to how good a player anyone is. Do you just want someone to tell you they were wrong? That's sad.

Shaq wasn't drafted to be a terror of QB's. Here's his scouting report.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1 SOURCES TELL US "I see Shaq as an outside linebacker in a 3-4. He's not the guy you want to turn loose against the quarterback, but he is the guy that will make it hard for tight ends to block him in the run game. We knew we couldnt run at him and it changed how we called plays." -- ACC offensive coach

NFL COMPARISON Courtney Upshaw

BOTTOM LINE

Productive backup for two years before putting together an All­-American season in his first year as a full- time starter. Lawson is built like a full­-grown man and combines his instincts, toughness and power to fill up a stat sheet and set an early tone. Lawson's frame and game are easily translatable to the NFL, but his average athleticism and pass rush skills will likely have teams viewing him as a 3­-4 edge setter or a 4-­3 base end. Lawson may also have value as 3­-4 defensive tackle in an upfield scheme.

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/186213-rd-1-pick-19-de-shaq-lawson-clemson-university/?p=3931602

I'm struggling to understand how posts on this friggin message board mean anything in regard to how good a player anyone is. Do you just want someone to tell you they were wrong? That's sad.

Someone asked why it was a hot button issue. I answered.

.you are not alone bud...very few if ANY have even come close to mastering the understanding of his posts.....those that have attempted to do so are now permanently infirmed....just a warning....

He had 2 sacks in his first 3 games before the injury. Last week was the first week coming off of the injury. He'll still get 10 sacks this year. That's not too bad combined with playing tough against the run.

A GM trying to sell his first round pick you don't say?

I guess my scouting report I posted is irrelevant. Yours is the best.

Rob Nincovich type players are just disappointments.

I just hope he can pressure Cutler when we play them because he's great.

A GM trying to sell his first round pick you don't say?

I guess my scouting report I posted is irrelevant. Yours is the best.

Rob Nincovich type players are just disappointments.

I just hope he can pressure Cutler when we play them because he's great.

I agreed with your scouting report.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

He plays kind of like Phil Hansen. I'll take that any time

But he is black. Phil Hansen was white in case you forgot.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

And what exactly does race have to do with this?

Well, Phil Hansen was a high motor, strong fundamental player. I see Lawson as more of an athletic freak.