Watkins trade, Dawkins over Glenn, Ducasse/Miller = McEgo

BADOLBILZ

still with the Ducasse hate? Was his performance really any worse than Miller?

Someone said Ducasse sucks months ago, now he sucks forever by default.

To be fair, I think he's been below average since his Rex Jets days. It's not just his brief tenure with the Bills that has exposed many of us to his suckiness.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy would've wanted a boat load of money for only playing 5 games a year. That trade needed to happen.

Dareus is unmotivated and doesn't put in the effort during the offseason. I would never pay a DT a 90+ mil contract but Dareus hasn't even come close to earning that paycheck. Dareus for sure will be shopped now and during the offseason and it's all on him.

Glenn is a solid player that got payed way over market value because Shady and Taylor are really what make the running game work. He is solid in both Pass/Run blocking but it looks like injuries and his contract will probably get him traded.

Everyone the Bills have traded or not signed are all moves I agree with. I don't see any similarity between McD and Kelly.

Sammy would've wanted a boat load of money for only playing 5 games a year. That trade needed to happen.

Dareus is unmotivated and doesn't put in the effort during the offseason. I would never pay a DT a 90+ mil contract but Dareus hasn't even come close to earning that paycheck. Dareus for sure will be shopped now and during the offseason and it's all on him.

Glenn is a solid player that got payed way over market value because Shady and Taylor are really what make the running game work. He is solid in both Pass/Run blocking but it looks like injuries and his contract will probably get him traded.

Everyone the Bills have traded or not signed are all moves I agree with. I don't see any similarity between McD and Kelly.

Yeeehaaaah! Drain the swamp! Get rid of all of those talented bums, who needs 'em!

Now only 5 games!!!!! Really pushing it with this Sammy hatred.

Paying your best players, what a silly concept.

Not everyone is Tom Brady and signs undervalued contracts.

• 3 weeks later...

Nah!! He is a franchise left tackle and is viewed as such my alot of NFL execs. Guys like him don't grow on trees.

@gggaughan

Film Review: Jordan Mills 1on1 with Mack 13Xs, Cordy 8. No help. Mills gives rare shout-out to practice-squadders.

Glenn was really good yesterday.

Would be great if Mills can improve and become a quality RT.........he was a nightmare last season but I've noted the Glenn Parker example in the past........Parker was AWFUL but the Bills stuck with him and then one day he wasn't awful anymore and he had a long career as a good OT for Bills, Chiefs, Giants.

What the Bills are doing is sometimes called addition by subtraction. Get rid of certain people and end up with more than you started with.

What they're doing is establishing a core of team-first players. They will bring in a boatload of rookies next year who will find out what it NOW means to be a Buffalo Bill. When Dareus, Watkins, Gilmore and others found when they got here was a group of guys, not a team. The purge is now complete, I think. The Bills are doing much better than I expected considering that the purge also cost them a lot of their top talent. Their success is really important because it validates what McDermott is doing. He could have done the very same things, but if a couple of the games had gone the other way, there would be terrible grumbling. As it is, this is an exciting, tough team to play and I haven't had this much fun watching them for years.

What the Bills are doing is sometimes called addition by subtraction. Get rid of certain people and end up with more than you started with.

What they're doing is establishing a core of team-first players. They will bring in a boatload of rookies next year who will find out what it NOW means to be a Buffalo Bill. When Dareus, Watkins, Gilmore and others found when they got here was a group of guys, not a team. The purge is now complete, I think. The Bills are doing much better than I expected considering that the purge also cost them a lot of their top talent. Their success is really important because it validates what McDermott is doing. He could have done the very same things, but if a couple of the games had gone the other way, there would be terrible grumbling. As it is, this is an exciting, tough team to play and I haven't had this much fun watching them for years.

If McD was showcasing Cordy Glenn yesterday the way he did Watkins and Dareus prior to their trades I'd say the showcase was a huge success.

The two games that Glenn has been playing all the snaps, McCoy has averaged 5.3 ypc.

The balance of the season........about 2.9........though he was at 4.0 last week with Glenn back and playing a portion of the snaps.

It's a small sample size but I don't think it's entirely coincidental.

If McD was showcasing Cordy Glenn yesterday the way he did Watkins and Dareus prior to their trades I'd say the showcase was a huge success.

The two games that Glenn has been playing all the snaps, McCoy has averaged 5.3 ypc.

The balance of the season........about 2.9........though he was at 4.0 last week with Glenn back and playing a portion of the snaps.

It's a small sample size but I don't think it's entirely coincidental.

I really hope we are not showcasing him....so hard to find these guys. If we are gonna showcase someone lets do Mills or Henderson and let Dawkins take that spot.