The All-22 reveals some pretty ugly football against Bengals

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCown has played against the Raiders, Dolphins, and Browns in three of the four games since facing the Bills. Much easier schedule.

Any given Sunday, I guess we will see how Tyrod does against the same opponents

You may be right but Alex Smith didn't start playing well until his 7th year in the league (6th as a starter) and he was 27. He is probably having his best year now while being 33.

Rich Gannon came on late too but most never get better before they are shown the NFL door. This is a win now position. I'm not asking for Tyrod to be pulled but I do have the "What iff" going through my head about Peterman. I still think at 3-2 were best sticking with Tyrod but if we have a few more of these clunkers then I would see if the Rook could spark us.

Good to know you've watched enough Josh McCown this season to truly compare the two. Oh wait, you just looked at useless numbers.

Actually I have, as I usually have the Bills & Jets games on at the same time. But carry on.

Actually I have, as I usually have the Bills & Jets games on at the same time. But carry on.

McCown has played about as I expected, to be honest - he's an old vet who understands the game, and he's been blessed with crappy competition the last few weeks. He's a guy who will have runs - i.e., his lights-out performance for the Bears in 2013. He quickly came back to earth, however -- as he always does. He's not a great QB for a team that's behind, and I expect his numbers will be bad this week against the Pats regardless of the limitations of the Pats' secondary (I expect NE to utterly blow them out).

One thing I've noticed about the Jets - Kearse is a pretty good player. Ryan Matthews is essentially a poor man's Kearse (not that Matthews is a bad player or anything like that).

Where is the weekly ALL22 breakdown of Shady rushing for negative yards every other play?

I want screenshots of the holes shady misses. I want them blown up and pasted here.

Our highly-paid RB is avg 3 ypc on the season and our rushing attack is non-existent. I want a breakdown of that problem.

Tyrod's numbers at the end of the day are what theyve always been. He had a below average game even for his standards. We are all aware of Tyrod's limitations and strengths. None of his strengths came out vs the Bengals partly by design and partly by his own play.

Now, back to Shady and his 3ypc...

Shady has 0 rushing TD this season. I want an all22 breakdown of why Shady cant score when we're in the red zone.

And please spare me "they load up the box".

There is terrible blocking, opponents know what's coming, and they don't fear the Bills receivers - it's pretty simple. McCoy looks as elite in terms of speed/cutting ability as he's always looked.

Rich Gannon came on late too but most never get better before they are shown the NFL door. This is a win now position. I'm not asking for Tyrod to be pulled but I do have the "What iff" going through my head about Peterman. I still think at 3-2 were best sticking with Tyrod but if we have a few more of these clunkers then I would see if the Rook could spark us.

I have the what if thoughts too but I defer to the coaches. I believe if they thought Peterman would do better they would put him in.

Where is the weekly ALL22 breakdown of Shady rushing for negative yards every other play?

McCoy had four negative yardage runs against the Bengals--one in the first half and three in the second.

I took you off ignore to point this out, and now back on you go...

Taylor can pass. He just won't.

The weird thing about Tyrod is that I think he throws better on the run. He's more accurate when he is running and stops, plants and releases or just wings it off the run. When he has to throw from the pocket, his footwork seems off balance and he doesn't have the mechanics to make clean accurate throws.

I think it's may be a mental thing where he thinks too much and doesn't trust the play. When he is on the run, it's all instinct and he doesn't have time to process his throw. When he wings it, he can make some beautiful passes, like the long shot to Clay. He may be a bit too short to work out of the pocket. But I don't recommend that we find the lollipop kids to be his o-line.

Lollipop-Guild.jpg

At the time he wants Tyrod to throw the pass, Logan Thomas is covered and it is a very difficult pass to make. Tyrod wants Thomas to run to the corner instead of dragging to the sideline. If Thomas runs towards the wide open corner, he gets the separation he needs, Tyrod makes the pass and the Bills score 6.

So the commentator is complaining about Tyrod not making a risky pass that is likely to go either incomplete or get picked off.

If Tyrod makes the pass when this guy wants him to, and it goes incomplete, then the narrative would be "Tyrod should have held the ball another second and waited for Thomas to come open".

Exactly what I saw. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

What are you talking about? That's an easy one. Tyrod needs to release quicker and "throw his receiver open" by leading him up field. He waited too long and actually it became a dangerous pass by the time he lobbed it downfield. I have no idea how you could think Logan Thomas is covered at the start of the rollout.

Mannn...Taylor is so tentative. Its just too safe if you wanna win. Multiple plays on here where hes leaving points on the field. Coming from a big fan of his...

I see this differently. It seems obvious that TT is wanting Thomas to push the route upfield into that vacated area because it would be an easy TD. Instead, Thomas keeps running the route flat to the sidelines. It's clear that's what Tyrod was waiting for. I think it shows Thomas inexperience more than anything. The dbs vacated that part of the field should have been a sight adjustment on the part of the TE

I see this differently. It seems obvious that TT is wanting Thomas to push the route upfield into that vacated area because it would be an easy TD. Instead, Thomas keeps running the route flat to the sidelines. It's clear that's what Tyrod was waiting for. I think it shows Thomas inexperience more than anything. The dbs vacated that part of the field should have been a sight adjustment on the part of the TE

What Im seeing is Zay Jones had the dbs hips turning... If he cuts right in FRONT of the db, hes wide open for a td. Too rigid. Instead he runs around the db, negating his advantage. Bad bad route