Gameday Thread Bills @ Cincy 2nd Half

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole team has to play in a very specific way with all the right things happening for Tyrod to be successful.

It's a delicate balancing act. Asking him to drive down the field on a final possession of the game and score a TD, or else you lose, is more than his skill set is going to allow for, most of the time.

Yep!

Need to get some receivers in during the bye. If passing offense doesn't start to do something, Peterman watch will be on soon enough.

On that sack play on the final series, a WR was wide open the entire time Tyrod was staring blankly out into the secondary.

Didn't catch who it was...he was crossing right to let in single coverage and his man was a step or 2 behind him the entire way across the field.

If Tyrod can't see the guy or throw the ball accurately to him, doesn't really matter who the WR is, or who we acquire during the bye week.

I just want a real NFL passing game

Tyrod can do a few things well and can make some exciting plays but his usual game is 200 yards and a couple sacks.

You can win games with him if you have a great team but your ceiling is low

Edited by TheFunPolice

Really? The holding call that brought McCoy's long run back was on him? Or the OTs struggling in pass blocking? The WR corp was not getting open was on him? Seriously. Tyrod is limited but the blame should be spread around today.

What does a McCoy run have to do with Tyrod?

Evaluate Tyrod on things Tyrod does, not others.

I dont think so. Taylor has started for 2.3 years and still looks the same. The rookie got TEN games and was labled a bust. Not reducing at all.

I know, and I agree. But give him decent WRs this year and it's probably a completely different season.

FWIW, the Bills aren't high on Peterman. I mentioned it last week. They are also trying to trade for a WR but maybe having no luck. They were trying last week and didn't get one so maybe it isn't happening. I'd like to try to get Garçon I think.

I'd hope that they are at least high enough on him to view him as quality backup potential. If not, this doesn't speak very highly of their drafting ability. It seems abrupt for the team to already decide they aren't high on someone they just drafted. It would seem like a wasted pick imo. Then again, I do understand simply taking a chance with a fifth round pick.

Fwiw, that was as much a personality/Gaines thing as anything else.

Oh I know. The relationship was shot.

It was the organizations own doing though. They hired Rex, they created the problem with their young WR. The player development within the organization has been bad.

The Bengals moved the ball up and down the field all day. The 3 turnovers were lucky bounces that went our way. Pathetic that you have +3 turnover differential and still manage to have to try for a last minute drive to win. Pathetic effort by Taylor Dennison and the entire offense

I'd hope that they are at least high enough on him to view him as quality backup potential. If not, this doesn't speak very highly of their drafting ability. It seems abrupt for the team to already decide they aren't high on someone they just drafted. It would seem like a wasted pick imo. Then again, I do understand simply taking a chance with a fifth round pick.

That's what they aren't sure of. They thought he'd be that. He still may be but apparently he hasn't been very good as of late.

I know, and I agree. But give him decent WRs this year and it's probably a completely different season.

If recievers where dropping balls left and right I would agree with you, but even when he had Walkins, woods, and Clay healthy with mccoy he still looiks like this sometimes. You can only blame the tools sooo much. Edited by CircleTheWagons99