Spotlight on Rookie Matt Milano at WLB this Week

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish the young man well.

That makes 4 starters from this year's draft. Not too bad.

Just because they are starting doesn't mean they are good. It's somewhat out of necessity after dumping players and not signing good replacements. We will see if he can play at a high level. I'm skeptical.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC McDermott, when talking about Matt Milano: "Those are the type of the LBs we look for in terms of the space players, athletic..."

Milano will make his first start Sunday at WLB in place of the injured Ramon Humber.

I honestly think Milano has chance to grab hold of this WLB job & not look back this year. Wrote more about it here: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-5-buffalo-bills-practice-notes-10_4_17-

The article said Humber has been mediocre at best. I'm no expert to be sure. But it looked like he was in on a lot of plays flying around, making tackles.

Now if this guy comes in and looks just as good... well ... I'm going to be giddy- buying a McProcess jersey

I mean, don't we desperately need cover LBs? Especially against the TE's in the league and Gronk over in NE? I get his size limits him here, but wouldn't it make more sense to adapt certain schemes to this ability if that's really where his strengths are?

with Brown and Lorax at the other two spots... sounds like exactly what we need.

Reports say he has a high motor and flies to the ball wherever it is. Not a fan of his size, but if he shows promise then we can at least have a solid low-end starter to replace the aging Humber.

He's not really any smaller than Humber.

@PFF

Grades and key stats from the Bengals win over the Bills

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-20-buffalo-bills-16/

LB Matt Milano, 86.5 overall grade

Making his first ever start after seeing his first NFL action last week, Milano filled in admirably this week for the injured Ramon Humber. Milano had two stops in run defense against the Bengals and his 87.0 run defense grade trailed only Hughes for the team lead this weekend.

*Grades are subject to change upon review