I wonder where the professional TT haters are now?

The most important outcome for this season is that management doesn't think Tyrod is the long term solution, and draft the best QB available with their first pick, or even trade up if necessary.

i dunno.

personally i think you've got to put Peterman in. see what the kids got. find out if we need a QB next year.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Through 5 Weeks, Tyrod Taylor has 24 completions to WRs. AKA, less than 5 per game.

Week 5 - 3 WR receptions
Tate: 2
Jones: 1

Week 4 - 4 WR receptions
Matthews: 2
Holmes: 1

Week 3 - 6 WR receptions
Matthews: 3
Holmes: 2
K. Clay: 1

Week 2 - 7 WR receptions
Jones: 2

Week 1 - 4 WR receptions

Edited by Kaenon

The progress such as it was the last 2 weeks came from getting the ball out quick. Today by the 2nd quarter (I missed most of the 1st with a Game Pass outage) he was already holding it too long again. I feel like he is okay while in a rhythm he gets it out and looks good. As soon as something (penalties for example) throws him out.... all the old habits come back.

Through 5 Weeks, Tyrod Taylor has 24 completions to WRs. AKA, less than 5 per game.

Week 5 - 3 WR receptions

Tate: 2

Week 4 - 4 WR receptions

Week 3 - 6 WR receptions

K. Clay: 1

Week 2 - 7 WR receptions

Jones: 2

Week 1 - 4 WR receptions

Shows just how great a 2nd round pick Zay has turned out to be.

I'm not normally "mean" about players or spiteful, but man.... I'm having trouble containing myself with Zay's performances. 1 catch a game. 1 or more drops a game. Plenty of targets compared to all our other options. NO PRODUCTION!

Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson did it and won a Super Bowl, but no one would have predicted it would happen.

Yeah...go ahead and hang your hat on those examples. I'm sure we'll be playing in February any time now TT just needs to find his rhythm.

Yeah...go ahead and hang your hat on those examples. I'm sure we'll be playing in February any time now TT just needs to find his rhythm.

They love pulling examples from a different era of Football with Brad Johnson and Dilfer

Edited by MAJBobby

They love pulling examples from a different era of Football with Brad Johnson and Dilfer

Yeah... Football has changed A LOT since then. Those were before all the changes made to make the passing game more dominant and protect the QB at all costs. Those teams also had teams that converted 3rd downs & scored off turnovers and had great special teams play. Their defenses were just as much a threat to score as their offenses were, as were their special teams. Our defense is play great, but they rarely score off turnovers (besides White's fumble return for a TD).

Also the Special Teams play of those 2 teams was great. If we had Special Teams play like that of older Bills teams, you know, the ones coached by Bobby April & returners like Terrence McGee & Roscoe Parrish, we may be talking a different tune. We had a Pro Bowl punter in Moorman, and gunners that just annihilated opponent return teams. We created turnovers on ST, returned kicks & punts for TDs, and had fantastic all-around play to compliment good defense. If we had that level or play NOW with our defense, we might have a better chance to overcome the crummy offense.

Did the thread initiator learn something today?

The professional TT lover? Doubt it.

Same ol' Tyrod, having to wait until a receiver has no defenders within yards around him before throwing the ball. I like Tyrod, but he's not a good starting QB.