I wonder where the professional TT haters are now?

As of last season, Tyrod was 1-13, or something close, in games where we fell behind even a single point in the 4th quarter. If at any point during the entire 4th quarter the opponent got a lead, we lost. I remember that stat being rattled off countless times by broadcasters every time the opponent took a 4th quarter lead.

So it's not like Tyrod has some impressive record leading us from behind to victory. In fact, history shows that he's unable to bring us back from even the slightest deficits. There's virtually no margin for error when Tyrod is QB. We HAVE to stay extremely close all game for us have a chance. He cannot will us to victory on his arm & through the air.

Not saying the stat is untrue but if you hear a stat from the media, I would look at the info before totally believing it. For instance Rodak said something like 48% of our drives were 3 and out. If you actually look at the game logs and not try to have an agenda with a stat, you would see that really its more like 30%.

Rodak was counting drives that ended in a FG as well. He was also counting times we were just burning clock. While technically it would be considered 3 and out, it doesn't make sense to include them because either we scored points or we were burning clock.

Now that stat you posted may be perfectly legit, but it may not be. In either case it was still bad. It didn't help that our D was swiss cheese.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose we'll see long term who the better QB is.

In other words, you had no backing for that statement, it just sounded right because Carson Wentz is a name you hear on TV.

QBs don't exist in a vacuum. The standard that Tyrod must come down from 14 point deficits only makes sense if that standard is applied to other QBs too. Other QBs don't do that. Only QBs like Tom Brady regularly win games like that. And they need some help from their defense along the way, which Tyrod didn't have until this year.

Knowing their psychopathy and narcissism, they will problem say something like "give it time" and are still secretly hoping he will fail.

But it's nice now they are gone and eating crow and huge amounts of humble pie.

Hardly, while I do not consider myself to be a TT hater, I do recognize that he is hardly an elite QB. He may have enough talent to come to the end of th playoff drought but as the Carolina game showed he can hardly win against tough defenses.

If you think the Bills do not have shortcomings at the QB position you are crazy.

In other words, you had no backing for that statement, it just sounded right because Carson Wentz is a name you hear on TV.

QBs don't exist in a vacuum. The standard that Tyrod must come down from 14 point deficits only makes sense if that standard is applied to other QBs too. Other QBs don't do that. Only QBs like Tom Brady regularly win games like that. And they need some help from their defense along the way, which Tyrod didn't have until this year.

I think people just believe it regularly happens for everyone but us because we get stuck watching Brady all year forever. People think that is the norm. It may happen occasionally for some QBs, but regularly it doesn't happen for all but a few. Cant even put Brees in that comment really.

Have you ever watched the guy play? I have and the eyes don't lie.

Grass is greener syndrome.

If I could have any QB I want, assuming they play for the next 10 years without losing anything to age, I would only feel 100% comfortable with these guys over Tyrod:

Brady

Brees

Rodgers

Ryan

Roethlisberger

Stafford

And I'd feel like 80% sure with these guys:

Wilson

Carr

Rivers

Everyone else is either unproven or right around Tyrod's level of play on a consistent basis.

So that's 9 QBs I think you could definitively say you expect to perform better than Tyrod on any given Sunday with few exceptions. Most of the guys from 10-22 or so are pretty freaking close. And a bunch of the guys I listed will be out of the league within 5 years, with no guarantee their level of play will be replaced.

Edited by HappyDays

It seems almost inarguable that Tyrod leading the offense of 2015 or 2016 with either the 2014 or 2017 defense would have made the playoffs.

And only because we were coached by Insane Clown Posse in those two years did he not.

but then it would be "but he cant get us to the SB!...he's a BUM!" and then if he did it'd be "he cant win the SB! he's a BUM!"

Not saying the stat is untrue but if you hear a stat from the media, I would look at the info before totally believing it. For instance Rodak said something like 48% of our drives were 3 and out. If you actually look at the game logs and not try to have an agenda with a stat, you would see that really its more like 30%.

Rodak was counting drives that ended in a FG as well. He was also counting times we were just burning clock. While technically it would be considered 3 and out, it doesn't make sense to include them because either we scored points or we were burning clock.

Now that stat you posted may be perfectly legit, but it may not be. In either case it was still bad. It didn't help that our D was swiss cheese.

But the 3 & out stat still counts for what it is, because it's in comparison to all the other teams doing the same thing. They also could be chewing clock or kicking FGs, so it's fair to point out the Bills have the 2nd most 3 & outs in the league (which isn't a good thing no matter how you cut it).

I remember at the time I did look into it, as it was after the Seahawks game in prime time where the refs screwed up that series before half time. I remember talking about it a ton on the old BBMB, but we no longer have access to those threads unfortunately :/

It would be a bit too hard to go back now & review them again, but I remember vividly talking about it quite a bit last season. In fact, I remember it being 1-13 or 1-14 until we beat Jacksonville 28-21. Jacksonville went up by 21-20 at the start of the 4th quarter, but then we scored soon after to take & keep the lead. So in actuality he may be 2-13 / 2-14 in games we go down by a single point at any time during the 4th quarter. I'll go back & see what I can find & post the results.

I think Drive Success Rate is a better stat than 3-and-out percentage. It measures the percentages of down series that end in a 1st down or a TD. We are 25th in that stat, obviously there is a lot of room for improvement there. I don't see any sites tracking 3-and-out percentage for 2017, maybe because it's too early.

Team offense DVOA is probably the best way of tracking how we compare because it would adjust for those 3-and-outs that happen when we have a lead. In DVOA our offense ranks 23rd overall. 11th in passing, 25th in rushing. Our failures in the run games are more responsible for our poor offensive showing thus far IMO.

Another stat from Football Outsiders shows our offense is inconsistent. We rank 22nd in variance, in other words 21 teams are more consistent than us (whether that be consistently bad or consistently good). And our offense has faced the 10th hardest schedule so far.

If Tyrod goes down we are toast, UNLESS we sign Kaepernick and use Peterman as a 1-2 week bridge while Kaepernick learns the offense.

First I can't believe I'm reading this particular post

and second

I can't believe we needed another endless ongoing pro/con Tyrod rant, with all the real question marks surrounding the WRs, OL and secondary leading up to a must win game. Taylor's contribution should be the least of our concerns.

...why are "W's" such a negative with TT at the helm, whether he puts up pedestrian numbers or not?......OBD STILL selects a QB in round 1 of 2018 regardless....guess after a 17 year fuggin' drought, we can get picky and pissy about WHO gets the "W".....been following this club since 1962 and I think 2017 is the "year of the fickle".....now we want to get selective as to WHO leads us to the hopeful playoffs in 2017?......if TT can , we want to decline a berth?.....got it..............