Bills only had 10 men on the field on final 4th and 1

HappyDays

Correct, the NFC sowf.

Good choice of thread to post in if you are thin-skinned, though. :doh:

Jauron Ball is exactly what this team is winning with and nobody was complaining when Jauron-Ball clinched homefield thru the playoffs for Chicago in the NFC or when it yielded exciting wins in Jauron year 1 and early in year 3 in Buffalo.

The key is getting to the next level where you aren't being intermittently aggressive and then conservative depending on if you have a 3 point lead or a deficit.

Just disagree... Those long FG attempts were far from "safe" calls, and I don't get the "Jauron-Ball" stuff, it makes no sense, this defense is not some "bend but not break" bs. The only similarity is the run heavy approach on offense. There was no dynamic TE, the defense was nowhere near as aggressive, it's just a lazy comparison.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just disagree... Those long FG attempts were far from "safe" calls, and I don't get the "Jauron-Ball" stuff, it makes no sense, this defense is not some "bend but not break" bs. The only similarity is the run heavy approach on offense. There was no dynamic TE, the defense was nowhere near as aggressive, it's just a lazy comparison.

The defense is bend but don't break but it better coached and more aggressive in the secondary than Jauron's Bills ever were. Badol isn't a fan of this style of defense though, he never has been. But it is working at the moment, no question. This isn't a fluke. This is a good defense.

This was after a timeout.

Remember when Rex got blasted for this?

To be fair, with Rex, it was ALL THE TIME disorganization.

With McDermott, yeah, stuff is going to happen but.... It's rare that they've looked out of place, disheveled, confused, unprepared, etc.

Just goes to show the Bills don't need all eleven players to beat the Falcons.

McDermott is like that guy in the bar who hits the 8-ball in shooting one-handed.

A legend is born.

Got lucky on that one, but the defensive stand and preparation knew that Ryan's first look was to the WR at the bottom and the safety took the slant away. Then of course White was fantastic on his man.

The success of that play was part luck, part great preparation to take away his first look and part great skill from White.

Edited by Magox

Got lucky on that one, but the defensive stand and preparation knew that Ryan's first look was to the WR at the bottom and the safety took the slant away. Then of course White was fantastic on his man.

The success of that play was part luck, part great preparation to take away his first look and part great skill from White.

We also got lucky for the no call on White's defensive holding/pass interference.

Correct, the NFC sowf.

Good choice of thread to post in if you are thin-skinned, though. :doh:

Jauron Ball is exactly what this team is winning with and nobody was complaining when Jauron-Ball clinched homefield thru the playoffs for Chicago in the NFC or when it yielded exciting wins in Jauron year 1 and early in year 3 in Buffalo.

The key is getting to the next level where you aren't being intermittently aggressive and then conservative depending on if you have a 3 point lead or a deficit.

I think some folks consider the label of "Jauron ball" to be a slight; maybe I'm misreading you, but I don't see it that way.

Jauron ball is literally the only way this team is going to win games this year--they aren't talented enough to win any other way.

Falcons shouldve run it right up the gut for an easy conversion and probably a TD. Inexcusable.

Philosophical question that I was asking my group right before the play: if they got the 1st down, would you call a timeout and let them score on the next play?

Philosophical question that I was asking my group right before the play: if they got the 1st down, would you call a timeout and let them score on the next play?

Yes. If they converted that 3rd or 4th down the Bills needed to start thinking about using their own timeouts and planning to win it on a FG.