Tre'Davious White

Mark Vader

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said this is another thread but the one play he made was extraordinary. He jumped the receiver as soon as the QB threw, went to deflect the pass, had his hand in position but missed it, but had his other hand and arm around the receiver, so when he did catch the ball Tre still made the tackle and and the guy just went right down without extra yards. That was a terrific play from any player let alone a rookie in his fourth game.

...had a rough 1st half last week, yet the kid rebounded and continued today...wouldn't expect a rook to bounce back so quickly......

He didn't even have a horrible first half. He gave up two or three plays, no touchdowns, and he made 2-3 good plays on passes and 2-3 nice plays on runs in the first half.

If the 2017 draft was re-chosen tonight, is there any way this guy lasts past the top 10 picks? Top 5?

interesting, I was just thinking about that. I think Deshaun Watson goes #2 to bears. Browns probably still take Myles Garrett #1. Lattimore has been really good CB in NO, I bet he still goes before white. Hard to say with guys like Trubisky, mahomes, and mike Williams not playing yet and Corey Davis being hurt much of the first 4.

If the 2017 draft was re-chosen tonight, is there any way this guy lasts past the top 10 picks? Top 5?

While Tre"Davious White was highly regarded at Louisiana State, and a lot of people had him projected to be a first round pick...White has average height and he did not have a lot of interceptions in college.

He has good coverage skills and is a sure tackler, but he wasn't always making highlight reels on ESPN with defensive touchdowns.

Had he made more interceptions, he would have been drafted higher.

Edited by Mark Vader

From Rob Quinn on Twitter:

Gilmore: 13 targets, 9 rec, 169 yd, 13 YPA, 72 YAC, TD, INT, 105.4 passer rating

Tre'Davious White: 20 tkl, 2 TFL, 8 PD (NFL-Best), INT, FR, TD

Allowed 13 rec/26 target- 162 yds, 6.2 ypa, 32 YAC, 53.7 passer rating

Look at that YAC. Gilmore allowing 8 YAC per catch (or 5.5 per target), White allowing 2.5 YAC per catch (or 1.2 per target). Gilmore sucks at tackling and White doesn't, it's that simple.

Edited by HappyDays

White is a really experienced rookie (if that makes sense). He started a zillion games in the SEC and was more of s known commodity coming out. He was a "safe" pick and I mean that in a good way. He had a very high floor. We are seeing him play GREAT football. Tre has been doing that for a while.

White is a really experienced rookie (if that makes sense). He started a zillion games in the SEC and was more of s known commodity coming out. He was a "safe" pick and I mean that in a good way. He had a very high floor. We are seeing him play GREAT football. Tre has been doing that for a while.

4 year starter, right? That's pretty rare in big programs like that. Edited by YoloinOhio