Who's this EJ Gaines Guy?

reginald

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Bills secondary would struggle this season, between all the turnover with the CB's and Safeties, Tre White being a rookie and going through growing pains, plus the late trade of Watkins/Gaines. So far, they've been very impressive. Gaines and Poyer have been difference makers for the defense.

I've seen enough from him to determine he will be a quality player under this system. Hopefully they can try to lock him up this year for something around a 5 year $35m with $20m guaranteed. If we could so that it would be a phenomenal deal for us.

I know you were being positive, but IMHO Tre White looks nothing like Darby because he will flat out smack you. I was not a fan of Darby's. Darby could not tackle, and Tre likes to hit. I think it was Thomas -- Tre hit him so hard on a 7 yard out in the first quarter that I could hear the distinct "crack" of the pads pretty loudly through the TV. Gaines and White both - catch the ball in front of them and they will absolutely make you pay. I think that was a factor today.

I know you were being positive, but IMHO Tre White looks nothing like Darby because he will flat out smack you. I was not a fan of Darby's. Darby could not tackle, and Tre likes to hit. I think it was Thomas -- Tre hit him so hard on a 7 yard out in the first quarter that I could hear the distinct "crack" of the pads pretty loudly through the TV. Gaines and White both - catch the ball in front of them and they will absolutely make you pay. I think that was a factor today.

All those guys hit and tackle. That one hit by Tre on the completion to the sidelines was amazing. Two tackles by Leonard Johnson were stellar.

All those guys hit and tackle.

And play man on man.

White was touted as being a great fit in McD's zone scheme. But what's been really noticeable thee games in is that he's scheme-agnostic and can play any way they need. That's a BIG positive for such a tough position...