Emergency Team Meeting - Regarding Trump comments?

boater

He's allowed to say it, but as the holder of that office, he SHOULDN'T say it. Calling for people who work for a private entity to be fired for protesting is the sort of action dictators take. It's using his power in order to try to quash dissent. There is a threat in the backing of the power of his office.

I get your argument, and can understand why you're making it, but disagree in that I don't think most who are upset with him are saying he should not be allowed to say it, but that it is, at best, beneath the dignity of the office, and, at worst, a misuse of the power with which he has been bestowed by 25-26% of the populace.

Well I agree that he's a moron, and I don't agree with a lot of what he does and says.

Edited by thebandit27

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What crap. He didn't say concussion prevention was ruining the game? Did you see the officiating call he was referencing? Officiating is bad. The game has gone overboard in some ways. He really just pointed out that the NFL is a business, and as a business fans have the right to " protest" an inferior product that is turning them off. A business needs to provide its customers with what they want. Why should folks have to abandon a product they want ( football) because the owners won't weed out what they don't want( protesting, bad officiating, bad rules etc)?

why would Fans protest? does anyone take the Buffalo Bills that seriously to heart?

The NFL takes itself too seriously btw.

It is entertainment

He's allowed to say it, but as the holder of that office, he SHOULDN'T say it. Calling for people who work for a private entity to be fired for protesting is the sort of action dictators take. It's using his power in order to try to quash dissent. There is a threat in the backing of the power of his office.

I get your argument, and can understand why you're making it, but disagree in that I don't think most who are upset with him are saying he should not be allowed to say it, but that it is, at best, beneath the dignity of the office, and, at worst, a misuse of the power with which he has been bestowed by 25-26% of the populace.

This is basically the opinion that the President isn't allowed to voice an opinion.

I doubt you truly feel that way about everything that's been said by every President.

Edited by jmc12290

Trump is a one progression azzzhole. He doesn't go through his second, third and fourth progressions like you described. He wasn't saying that at all. He was saying the first thing that came into his head 24 minutes after he saw it on TV.

if you believe that he put no thought in to how to give that speech prior to 30 minutes before than I think you underestimate him. Tomorrow, should he get the reaction he desires, the self fulfilling prophecy of his words rings true and empowers him more. He can then stand and say "see, see, they just aren't American" bull ****.

The best thing anyone can do to Trump is ignore him

It doesn't impact the game in any way. Too many people making a big deal out of silent protests.

It's not about the game, and it is at the same time. Bottom line is, people are there to watch football. Many find the " protest" offensive. The NFL is in th entertainment business. The customer is always right. It detracts from their enjoyment of the game. It does mine, anyway.

I like this post.

if you believe that he put no thought in to how to give that speech prior to 30 minutes before than I think you underestimate him. Tomorrow, should he get the reaction he desires, the self fulfilling prophecy of his words rings true and empowers him more. He can then stand and say "see, see, they just aren't American" bull ****.

The best thing anyone can do to Trump is ignore him

What he said doesn't take 30 minutes before the speech to get his desired result, it takes 30 seconds.

Why should folks have to abandon a product they want ( football) because the owners won't weed out what they don't want( protesting, bad officiating, bad rules etc)?

Because your president told you to. He said " if you see it, even if it’s one player, leave the stadium, I guarantee things will stop. Things will stop. Just pick up and leave. Pick up and leave."

Then you won't need to be so stressed out about people kneeling down anymore.

Win/Win

why would Fans protest? does anyone take the Buffalo Bills that seriously to heart?

The NFL takes itself too seriously btw.

It is entertainment

Actually , yes. Fans feel a deep connection to their teams. Customers often protest businesses. What is rare is workers protesting causes unrelated to their work while on the job .

It's not about the game, and it is at the same time. Bottom line is, people are there to watch football. Many find the " protest" offensive. The NFL is in th entertainment business. The customer is always right. It detracts from their enjoyment of the game. It does mine, anyway.

It Is a product.

so why is Trump putting his face on a wheaties box ?

Because your president told you to. He said " if you see it, even if it’s one player, leave the stadium, I guarantee things will stop. Things will stop. Just pick up and leave. Pick up and leave." [/size]

Then you won't need to be so stressed out about people kneeling down anymore. [/size]

Win/Win[/size]

But that's not a win/ win for me. I love the game of football. I hate this other sideshow crap that's being portrayed as a fact.

No it is not what he is basically saying.

I respectfully disagree.

There will always be a threat in the backing of his power.

The President says energy costs too much? That's a "threat" against power companies.

The President says health care is broken? That's a "threat" against insurance companies, hospitals, doctors, pharmaceuticals etc.

The President references a black criminal justifiably killed by police in a positive light? That's a "threat" against the police all across the country,

You simply cannot separate the man from the office at this point. If you wanna say he's pressuring the NFL by saying something about them, he's pressuring everyone he ever references. Ever.

If you disagree, I think you're merely picking and choosing what to apply this concept to. Basically playing the, "Yeah, but...." card. Which again, respectfully, I think is wrong.

Which people are you feeling sorry for - The Nazi's, The Fascists? or The KKK?

Didn't our soldiers give their lives to kicking the Nazi's and Fascist's a$$es? Wasn't/Isn't the KKK a domestic terrorist organization? So which one of these groups do you want American Citizens to support?

As far as NFL players are concerned, since the NFL does NOT require the players to stand at attention they are not breaking any of the NFL's rules, so there is no issue there... And you don't have to watch if you are SO offended...

Go Bills...

You're an idiot.

And Paula's donuts :lol:

Ok, here's something on which we can heartily and totally agree! Oh my, when I think about moving back to the WNY area for the less stressful living, I worry that I'll balloon to 300 lbs. because of all the comfort food, particularly Paula and her donuts. I started going there when I worked at Worldwide Records on Main St. and I would stop at the Kenmore Ave location, apparently right about from when it opened. So glad to see how well they are doing, and have to get there every time I visit Buffalo. You can't get peanut donuts in NYC (well, artisan shops occasionally have something, but it's not the same and they are three dollars). We had them at our fantasy football draft this year and I had to stop myself at three (and i was supposed to be eating healthy while recovering from pneumonia, but Paula's, dam).

Let's make this thread about doughnuts!!!!!