Tell us what you really think, Shady...

Lurker

Shady is within his rights to say what he wants to say. Players can kneel if they so choose. The constitution protects that right. A private employer, likewise, can fire those people.

1. Trump is the President, not a private employer. The First Amendment allows protest without persecution from government. Trump is the head of the federal government in the United States, thusly, his call to fire people goes against the grain of his office. If he were more intelligent he would understand that and watch his words.

2. Professional athletics I is not a "normal" job. It is a job of elite specialization. Therefore, the employees have more power. Kaepernick made the mistake of opting out of his deal before surveying the landscape.

3. Trump's fast tongue and slow intellect causes more issues than it solves. I would expect many protests tomorrow that wouldn't have happened if he would stop trying to be Lord of the Flies at every "rally".

Man, for the embodiment of a Jimi Hendrix song that is also a slang for reefer, you are really hitting it out of the park.

Edited by thurst44

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL I was trying to come up with a good response without it getting political, but this is perfect.

I'm with Shady. And I hope every Bills player - black and white - take a knee on Sunday.

Hopefully it's to kill the clock in the 4th quarter.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

if you are scared of Trump than I truly am baffled.

Name me 3 of your county board, please. The mayor of your town, please. And your two state senators? sports used to be that place. Used to be the place where I could talk to anyone from all walks of life about that 3pt shot to win the game. That idiot kicker missing the point, the wreck in Nascar.

But now you can't do that. Now that space is gone and more and more an agenda dictates a wedge being brought between us all.

Further, it is funny how the liberals took the term snowflake to their own definition without getting the irony of the term.

It's interesting that you refer to sports as a safe place. I am a lawyer, and there were times in my career I would sit at an NFL game and be thrilled with the fact that for three hours nobody could bother me. So I get that side of things.

I also see, however, how sports may be for change. Jackie Robinson, Mexico City Olympics, and Billie Jean King. I'm with you to the extent that you wish that we can just talk about football watch football on Sunday and not think about anything else. I guess maybe this is another one of those sports/culture convergences. And I also guess it's what I signed up for when I start living and dying with sports. Somewhere, sometime, I was going to have my Jackie Robinson, Mexico City moment etc.

For those of you wondering how it is that an intelligent nation like Germany could elect a man like Hitler to power...

You are living through the same sort of movement in this country with Trump. Take notes.

It's frightening as all hell, and creepy.

because Kimmel was way off in his statements and excised an opinion that knew very little on the subject matter just as these athletes do.

If we want political mumbo-jumbo we turn to the Maddows, carlsons, blitzers, etc.

We want sports and we want to laugh. We don't need a barrage of Media group think when it's shown most disagree with the statements.

Actually he was spot on about the proposed legislation. I work in health care and we have been following it closely.

As for Shady's comments, he and other athletes, trash collectors, doctors, anyone has the right to speak out and how much money one makes has nothing to do with that right. You and others forget this country was founded by people who moved here to escape religious persecution and then a century and some years later fought a war against rulers who did not want the colonists to have such rights.

I stand for the Anthem. And I also understand the flag and the values it represents stand for supportin mg people's rights and not taking them away. We have a president who has no idea of why this country was founded and what individual rights under the constitution mean. He spouts off jingoistic nonsense so scared people applaud him and thus feed his enormous ego.

It's interesting that you refer to sports as a safe place. I am a lawyer, and there were times in my career I would sit at an NFL game and be thrilled with the fact that for three hours nobody could bother me. So I get that side of things.

I also see, however, how sports may be for change. Jackie Robinson, Mexico City Olympics, and Billie Jean King. I'm with you to the extent that you wish that we can just talk about football watch football on Sunday and not think about anything else. I guess maybe this is another one of those sports/culture convergences. And I also guess it's what I signed up for when I start living and dying with sports. Somewhere, sometime, I was going to have my Jackie Robinson, Mexico City moment etc.

this is the 21st century in Murica. Ain't nobody being repressed.

I'd have more sympathy for this cause if it were trannies up there kneeling for tranny rights but only because mental health is still neglected and prejudiced in this country

This is what we have lowered our standards to? What's the worst that could happen? Haha. God help us all.

haha, that's not what I said. Read it again.

I'm asking you what you expect to happen,that is worthy of the kind of hysteria we are seeing?

By agreeing with that aren't you then giving the players the right to poke their heads into the politics that the NFL has poked their heads into?

No, I'm not. Tell me how I implied that?

For those of you wondering how it is that an intelligent nation like Germany could elect a man like Hitler to power...

You are living through the same sort of movement in this country with Trump. Take notes.

godwins law Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law.

Finally.

Fin

/Thread!!!

this is the 21st century in Murica. Ain't nobody being repressed.

I'd have more sympathy for this cause if it were trannies up there kneeling for tranny rights but only because mental health is still neglected and prejudiced in this country

Might wanna take five after this one.

Actually he was spot on about the proposed legislation. I work in health care and we have been following it closely.

As for Shady's comments, he and other athletes, trash collectors, doctors, anyone has the right to speak out and how much money one makes has nothing to do with that right. You and others forget this country was founded by people who moved here to escape religious persecution and then a century and some years later fought a war against rulers who did not want the colonists to have such rights.

I stand for the Anthem. And I also understand the flag and the values it represents stand for supportin mg people's rights and not taking them away. We have a president who has no idea of why this country was founded and what individual rights under the constitution mean. He spouts off jingoistic nonsense so scared people applaud him and thus feed his enormous ego.

no. He was wrong. Tons wrong. The biggest point he had was that pre ex would be cut off. That's wrong. He's an idiot and took his cues from the dolts of government who didn't even take a chance to get the previous national health care bill correct.

Kimmel is a cuck holster for Schumer and the like. Nothing more

Its Rocket scientist. Might want to stay away from any word or phrase with more than 4 letters in it.

you don't spend much time here do ya?

Man, for the embodiment of a Jimi Hendrix song that is also a slang for reefer, you are really hitting it out of the park.

Well no not really. Putple Haze was about a dream Hendrix had regarding a sci fi novel. Now the dope growers in the golden triangle cross bred strains that had purple hairs. Prove that wrong.

godwins law Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law. Godwin's law.

Finally.

Fin

/Thread!!!

Geezus, get a grip!

More "He's Hitler!!"

There has been nothing remotely close to what Hitler tried to do.

Finally.

Fin

/Thread!!!

Not really the thinking behind Godwin's law, but funny nevertheless.

Trump appeals to stupid ignorant people; sophisticated city dwellers want nothing to do with him.

1 in 10 people in NYC voted for Trump. While Trump won the state of Alabama, the city of Birmingham overwhelmingly voted against him.

Likewise, Hitler was hated in Berlin and received few votes there; Berlin was arguably the cultural capital of Europe in 1933.

Where you find intelligent readers, and cultural sophistication, you will not find Trump voters.

Where you find ignorant yokels, you will find Trump voters.

It was the same with Hitler. Both appeal to the lowest common denominator in society.

That is my point.