Tell us what you really think, Shady...

Lurker

if you are scared of Trump than I truly am baffled.

Name me 3 of your county board, please. The mayor of your town, please. And your two state senators?

sports used to be that place. Used to be the place where I could talk to anyone from all walks of life about that 3pt shot to win the game. That idiot kicker missing the point, the wreck in Nascar.

But now you can't do that. Now that space is gone and more and more an agenda dictates a wedge being brought between us all.

Further, it is funny how the liberals took the term snowflake to their own definition without getting the irony of the term.

I have been asking people to give me defined answers about what they think will happen due to Trump's leadership.

Prior to the election, all I heard about was

"Mass deportations of immigrants" (didn't happen)

"Concentration camps" (haha, yeah, didn't happen)

"Crazed white nationalist death squads, attacking Muslims" (hasn't happened)

"Martial Law" (hasn't happened)

"War with Russia" (Ironic, no?)

"Roe-Wade overturned" (I haven't even seen abortion talked about).

I also forgot, "A rise in rapes and sexual assaults" (didn't happen)

Oh, another one "A rise in arrests of black men, and increased police violence against minorities" (hasn't happened)

It's all media induced hysteria.

So please, someone give me a solid answer, and tell me some awful things that will happen, and then it can be decided if they are worthy of the hysteria.

Edited by OJABBA

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCoy/Booker 2020

In all seriousness one day p Diddy will run

Kanye West might be more likely (although if it's Diddy v. West for a leadership position, I'd vote Diddy -- or write in Talib Kweli).

Why are you bringing Corey into this :)? He once bought me and my partner popcorn at a midnight screening of the second Apes movie, so he's got my vote in my book. And if McCoy can get rebound to get 1500 yards and we get a playoff berth, I could get behind this ticket.

I really don't care about player's views on this or that. They are employees, and as such are there to do a very well paying job, and should leave their individual "views" at home.

Two things I learned, at a very young age were; respect, and time and place. Treat others with respect, and recognize the time and place where you choose to demonstrate your views. If you're not respectful, and what you are saying/doing is not appropriate to the time or place, then you keep quiet!

The NFL should have taken care of this a long time ago. Once they see that Fans don't accept the "on field" displays, and they see all the empty seats, maybe they will figure it out?

Going to games is so expensive, that it won't take long for people/fans, to decide to spend their money, and their time doing something else.

I would pin a thread that all things that relate to this not be in this board. It's been abysmal to the health of the board.

Not to mention if they don't go to PpP because they don't know about it not only will they fit in with Tiberius they have no reason to talk about their #feelings on it.

This being in this board gets ignored by those wishing to seriously engage the conversation because of past issues of punishment. The Beerball escapade was difficult when this topic first came up and persecution occured due to personal beliefs.

You can't have a serious conversation here on politics. This isn't the place

But there are endless threads you don't wish to participate in that are Bills related so you don't. You have the same option here.

Wish Shady would just keep his mouth shut on the issue... you may not like Trump but he is 100% right on this issue. Im all for free speech but the NFL is a business. Its a job. We dont go to our jobs and start a protest during work hours... if we did that we would get fired just like players in the NFL should.

I dont agree with their position but they have right to believe what they want and express themselves but should do it on their own time. Not at work. Its very unprofessional.

Wish Shady would just keep his mouth shut on the issue... you may not like Trump but he is 100% right on this issue. Im all for free speech but the NFL is a business. Its a job. We dont go to our jobs and start a protest during work hours... if we did that we would get fired just like players in the NFL should.

I dont agree with their position but they have right to believe what they want and express themselves but should do it on their own time. Not at work. Its very unprofessional.

Exactly.

I really don't care about player's views on this or that. They are employees, and as such are there to do a very well paying job, and should leave their individual "views" at home.

Two things I learned, at a very young age were; respect, and time and place. Treat others with respect, and recognize the time and place where you choose to demonstrate your views. If you're not respectful, and what you are saying/doing is not appropriate to the time or place, then you keep quiet!

The NFL should have taken care of this a long time ago. Once they see that Fans don't accept the "on field" displays, and they see all the empty seats, maybe they will figure it out?

Going to games is so expensive, that it won't take long for people/fans, to decide to spend their money, and their time doing something else.

It's two sides to a coin. Some of the empty seats are from fans Who AGREE with the athlete's protests and the blackballing of Kaep.

Perhaps the NFL and the Federal government should not have gotten into a multi million dollar partnership to promote the military through phony patriotic displays forcing the players out onto the field while the anthem is played. Greed on the NFL part, and manipulation on the governments part to get more of our young people to sign up for never ending wars. Now it's bitten them in the butt.

Perhaps the NFL and the Federal government should not have gotten into a multi million dollar partnership to promote the military through phony patriotic displays forcing the players out onto the field while the anthem is played. Greed on the NFL part, and manipulation on the governments part to get more of our young people to sign up for never ending wars. Now it's bitten them in the butt.

Well said!!

yep.

Shady is within his rights to say what he wants to say. Players can kneel if they so choose. The constitution protects that right. A private employer, likewise, can fire those people.

1. Trump is the President, not a private employer. The First Amendment allows protest without persecution from government. Trump is the head of the federal government in the United States, thusly, his call to fire people goes against the grain of his office. If he were more intelligent he would understand that and watch his words.

2. Professional athletics I is not a "normal" job. It is a job of elite specialization. Therefore, the employees have more power. Kaepernick made the mistake of opting out of his deal before surveying the landscape.

3. Trump's fast tongue and slow intellect causes more issues than it solves. I would expect many protests tomorrow that wouldn't have happened if he would stop trying to be Lord of the Flies at every "rally".

Haha!! Im sure you would talk about supporting the President if Hillary won.

But I will give the Head Cheeto credit for one thing. The way he reads news headlines and caters to his base is impressive. His sheep stay loyal.

So you have nothing. Good stuff.

I would actually support Clinton to an extent, although i'd disagree with most of her policies. Im definately no sheep either. Im grown. I can read. I can understand policy.Im capable of taking all pertinent information available and making an unbiased decision without just clinging to a specific party for the sake of doing so. Thanks for proving my point that people can just assume something blindly.

That said, I am Pro Citizen. Not linked to ANY party. Merely linked to individual person/policy. Regardless of party affiliation

Shady is within his rights to say what he wants to say. Players can kneel if they so choose. The constitution protects that right. A private employer, likewise, can fire those people.

1. Trump is the President, not a private employer. The First Amendment allows protest without persecution from government. Trump is the head of the federal government in the United States, thusly, his call to fire people goes against the grain of his office. If he were more intelligent he would understand that and watch his words.

2. Professional athletics I is not a "normal" job. It is a job of elite specialization. Therefore, the employees have more power. Kaepernick made the mistake of opting out of his deal before surveying the landscape.

3. Trump's fast tongue and slow intellect causes more issues than it solves. I would expect many protests tomorrow that wouldn't have happened if he would stop trying to be Lord of the Flies at every "rally".

Solid post, man.

What is the protest disrupting? Also, Trump isn't 100% right and didn't say what you are implying. He CALLED for them to be fired. If Roger Goodell or Terry or Kim Pegula said a player will be fired if they protest, that's a different story...it would be unfortunate but not illegal. However, the most powerful person in the country calling for a private entity to fire a private citizen is different and to me it's disturbing. If Obama did something like this (and as someone pointed out in this thread, while calling me a profanity, Kaep has protested Obama too), I would have been reconsidering my vote.

Also, all businesses are different. At my first real job, one employee wore a Dennis Kucinich shirt all day and politicked for him throughout the office, and he kept his job and no one thought he might do any different. Then again, at that same company, an entertainment company, the CFO sent out a letter in early 2001 to everyone to protest Bush's "illegitimate" presidency, so it might not be representative. I don't think I've worked a job yet where I would be fired if I stood on my desk and said something like "I am protesting this country and will be giving a speech at the beginning of every work week to convince the rest of you that we should do more to prevent police brutality, especially against one group of people."

I have been asking people to give me defined answers about what they think will happen due to Trump's leadership.

Prior to the election, all I heard about was

"Mass deportations of immigrants" (didn't happen)

"Concentration camps" (haha, yeah, didn't happen)

"Crazed white nationalist death squads, attacking Muslims" (hasn't happened)

"Martial Law" (hasn't happened)

"War with Russia" (Ironic, no?)

"Roe-Wade overturned" (I haven't even seen abortion talked about).

I also forgot, "A rise in rapes and sexual assaults" (didn't happen)

Oh, another one "A rise in arrests of black men, and increased police violence against minorities" (hasn't happened)

It's all media induced hysteria.

So please, someone give me a solid answer, and tell me some awful things that will happen, and then it can be decided if they are worthy of the hysteria.

This is what we have lowered our standards to? What's the worst that could happen? Haha. God help us all.