If Saquan Barkley really is a better NFL prospect than Zeke.

YoloinOhio

• 4 weeks later...

He has four games of under 100 yards rushing and hasn't faced a Top Ten defense... pass.

most college defenses dont have the players to stop all of the weapons on that team so they sold out to stop Barkley and took their chances with McSorley beating them in the pass game. Barkleys #s looked lower but PSU just played pitch and catch alll day including Barkley as receiver and blocker. Unlike Zekes draft eligible year, Barkley reportedly is very unselfish and doesnt complain about carries.

Btw - did you know that he just faced Michigan last weekend, which had the #1 D in the country?

Edited by YoloinOhio

Barkley is the type of player who should be judged by total yards from scrimmage, not only rushing stats. His numbers make him look like a Marshall Falk type of weapon.

In fairness to Zeke, Barkley has nothing to complain about in terms of carries. PSU runs with him, throws to him, lets him return kickoffs... hell, he even took a snap out of the wildcat last week and scored. If Ohio State had featured Zeke anywhere near as prominently in 2015 I highly doubt he would have complained that one time (which of course everyone agreed with under the circumstances).

Edited by Willyville Guy

Barkley is the type of player who should be judged by total yards from scrimmage, not only rushing stats. His numbers make him look like a Marshall Falk type of weapon.

In fairness to Zeke, Barkley has nothing to complain about in terms of carries. PSU runs with him, throws to him, lets him return kickoffs... hell, he even took and a snap out of the wildcat last week and scored. If Ohio State had featured Zeke anywhere near as prominently in 2015 I highly doubt he would have complained that one time (which of course everyone agreed with under the circumstances).

Barkley hasnt pulled a Martavis/Sammy and complained about carries after wins and nor did Zeke. He was completely right to be upset after Sparty but he did put some random tweets out there throughout the year about how many carries other RBs were getting. IF Barkley is egregiously underutilized like Zeke was IMO in a loss it will be interesting to see how he reacts.

Interestingly they also use him on KOR and I dont blame them. Our kicking game is beyond suspect so lets not get adventurous!!

Edited by YoloinOhio

Barkley hasnt pulled a Martavis/Sammy and complained about carries after wins and nor did Zeke. He was completely right to be upset after Sparty but he did put some random tweets out there throughout the year about how many carries other RBs were getting. IF Barkley is egregiously underutilized like Zeke was IMO in a loss it will be interesting to see how he reacts.

Interestingly they also use film on KOR and I dont blame them. Our kicking game is beyond suspect so lets not get adventurous!!

Hopefully, we'll find out in about 24 hours. :sick:

Better wide receiver? Barkley.

Better ST threat? Not sure. Never saw EZE on KR duty.

Better RB? Undecided. EZE ran hard and well against some top, top defenses.

Last I checked, Barkley is an RB. So for now, take it easy. I already said yes to trading Shady to get him.

Edited by Willyville Guy

Better wide receiver? Barkley.

Better ST threat? Not sure. Never saw EZE on KR duty.

Better RB? Undecided. EZE ran hard and well against some top, top defenses.

Last I checked, Barkley is an RB. So for now, take it easy. I already said yes to trading Shady to get him.

Someone please put the Willy away... it has gone flaccid.

:lol:

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

Zeke was at his best in the biggest games. Barkley was not today. I love Barkley and said before the year that I thought he was the best player in college football. As a pro prospect though I am not sure hes better than Zeke. They are in the same league.

yes he was. OSU only lost when they didnt #feedzeke. PSU to their credit continued to feed Barkley. But he couldnt make the plays when they needed them. That never happened with Zeke.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.