If Saquan Barkley really is a better NFL prospect than Zeke.

YoloinOhio

He had 230 and 2 TDs against Alabama. Their front 7 had NFL players everywhere.

Fair enough! He may have had a better OLine, but I’m not arguing his greatness. Personally, I’d LOVE either one, but at what cost? I’m glad we have a lot of picks, because we’re going to need them all!

Barkley has been "contained" in 3 games.

21 carries 44 yards v OSU

20 carries 56 yards v Indiana

16 carries 75 yards v Northwestern

Based on those he is out of Heisman contention IMO. Is this a reflection of Barkely as a runner or Franklin (et al) as a coach?

well they use him a ton in the passing game and on KOR. So all purpose yards is more of a reflection of him as a Heisman candidate. For example I think it was vs Northwestern or Iowa they devoted their D to stopping him in the run game, and he had 12 catches. The one thing I will bring up as it relates to his game on Sat. Night is that when his team really needed him to come through at the end, when all the pressure was on - his heisman moment, if you will - he didnt.

well they use him a ton in the passing game and on KOR. So all purpose yards is more of a reflection of him as a Heisman candidate. For example I think it was vs Northwestern or Iowa they devoted their D to stopping him in the run game, and he had 12 catches. The one thing I will bring up as it relates to his game on Sat. Night is that when his team really needed him to come through at the end, when all the pressure was on - his heisman moment, if you will - he didnt.

He almost spun into huge scoring play, but Baker made one of the tackles of the season just before Barkley took off.

Worse. I just went and looked and found that I thinking of Fuller's tackle on McSorley on the drive that ended in a field goal in the 4th quarter [shrugging emoji]. I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. When was Booker's tackle? I'm watching here https://youtu.be/dminKvaMy8M

EDIT: I see the Booker tackle (not in the above highlight video) with about 13:10 left in the 4th.

Speaking of the unusual effort shown by the DL, here is Sam Hubbard tackling the QB and RB at the same time:

samhubbard-pennstate2017.JPG

Edited by Willyville Guy

Worse. I just went and looked and found that I thinking of Fuller's tackle on McSorley on the drive that ended in a field goal in the 4th quarter [shrugging emoji]. I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. When was Booker's tackle? I'm watching here https://youtu.be/dminKvaMy8M

EDIT: I see the Booker tackle (not in the above highlight video) with about 13:10 left in the 4th.

Speaking of the unusual effort shown by the DL, here is Sam Hubbard tackling the QB and RB at the same time:

samhubbard-pennstate2017.JPG

Hubbards Joey Bosa moment circa 2014

Btw Urb said Nick Bosa had 7 QB pressures 👀

Edited by YoloinOhio

• 1 month later...

Circling back to the title of this thread, despite not being invited to the Heisman vote, I think he’s still being considered a better prospect than Zeke based on some of the stuff I’ve seen from the draft guys 

. He is much cleaner off the field. But, I’m not sure he’s as good of a pure RB. We shall see. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I could totally see the Giants being the type of team to take him at #2 and forego a QB because they think Webb might be the guy and Eli has juice left. Just seems like something they’d do. But who knows with whoever takes over the team. 

I could see that. Same with Colts. They haven’t had the star RB to take pressure off of Luck. If Luck is definitely back, I think they could take Barkley. 

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.