Darnold, Rosen, Rudolph, Mayfield and Allen

BuffaloBaumer

I want ZERO to do with Lamar Jackson so IF Darnold declares, is it safe to say that there are possibly 5 legit QBs in the upcoming draft. I know Allen has been getting killed so far this year but I keep hearing he can make all the throws and that's all I really care about for Buffalo. I have only seen Darnold and Rosen this year and they both look amazing. It sounds like Mayfield is really starting to turn it on so I am just interested to hear what others think of these 5 listed.

Since I don't get to see much football on Saturday, feel free to list pros and cons of each one.....especially Rudolph, Mayfield and Allen

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously I don't have the resources nor time or for that matter desire to analyze every single throw from these guys but from my limited take on them, if all these guys were to declare for the draft, I don't think it would be necessary to have to trade up to get a good starting caliber QB. Mayfield could be around somewhere in that 8-20 area.

Rosen has thrown a lot of bad passes. Notably the INT that went through the TAMU players hands, the INT against Memphis where he threw across his body and the game winning INT against Memphis. I've seen a lot of mental errors by him too. I think people might be a little too high on him

Rosen has thrown a lot of bad passes. Notably the INT that went through the TAMU players hands, the INT against Memphis where he threw across his body and the game winning INT against Memphis. I've seen a lot of mental errors by him too. I think people might be a little too high on him

He's trying to do too much.

His defense gives up like 40 points a game.

Allen has looked pretty bad behind a bad line and no WRs. Would love to see him play with some talent. That being said, he's falling on my board.

Darnold and Rosen remain 1 and 2 imo. Mayfield looks like a gamer, though I've only really watched him a handful of times. I never thought he had 1st rd talent, but after reading a lot of posters here rave about him, I've watched him more closely. Seems to be close to NFL ready. He may not have the physical upside of the top 2, but definitely seems to have the QB IQ to make it work.

Really hope Jackson isn't our guy, but he has improved his passing. He has a nice arm and has put on some much needed weight while keeping his speed. I don't view him as a legit starter but wouldn't be shocked if he turned into a capable starter with the right team (hopefully not ours).

Rudolph is the wildcard and the guy I see in a Bills uniform. Haven't seen very much of him outside of a couple game tapes, but he very much looks the part. Accuracy could improve. His % is fine, but it seems like his WRs bail him out a lot. Arm strength is ok for a guy his size, nothing special m.

Edited by NewEra

Allen has looked pretty bad behind a bad line and no WRs. Would love to see him play with some talent. That being said, he's falling on my board.

Darnold and Rosen remain 1 and 2 imo. Mayfield looks like a gamer, though I've only really watched him a handful of times. I never thought he had 1st rd talent, but after reading a lot of posters here rave about him, I've watched him more closely. Seems to be close to NFL ready. He may not have the physical upside of the top 2, but definitely seems to have the QB IQ to make it work.

Really hope Jackson isn't our guy, but he has improved his passing. He has a nice arm and has put on some much needed weight while keeping his speed. I don't view him as a legit starter but wouldn't be shocked if he turned into a capable starter with the right team (hopefully not ours).

Rudolph is the wildcard and the guy I see in a Bills uniform. Haven't seen very much of him outside of a couple game tapes, but he very much looks the part.

Were Allen can salvage his grade is at the Senior Bowl Practices when they put him around other top end talent. But i agree he has slipped down mine as well and i am taking into full consideration there is Nothing around him

Darnold is once every 10 year type of prospect but we have no chance at him so not going to even think about it.

And knowing the Bills luck the Jets land him, and they end up being just like the Pats and Brady for the next 10+ years and our misery continues.

All these other guys are more realistic targets for the Bills in a trade up scenario or using our own pick which at best would probably be in the #10 - #15 range depending on how many meaningless games we win this year.

Just no more gimmick type of QB's please, we need a true pocket general with a cannon arm.

Hey you better be careful what you say about Rosen. I mentioned the same thing on the college football forum & MAJBOBBY takes that kind of talk very personal. I think he is Rosen's long loss cousin.

I want ZERO to do with Lamar Jackson so IF Darnold declares, is it safe to say that there are possibly 5 legit QBs in the upcoming draft. I know Allen has been getting killed so far this year but I keep hearing he can make all the throws and that's all I really care about for Buffalo. I have only seen Darnold and Rosen this year and they both look amazing. It sounds like Mayfield is really starting to turn it on so I am just interested to hear what others think of these 5 listed.

Since I don't get to see much football on Saturday, feel free to list pros and cons of each one.....especially Rudolph, Mayfield and Allen

Thats great, because the following teams may all be willing to take a QB in the 1st round and/or 2nd round:

1. Bills

2. Browns

3. Giants

4. Colts

5. Jets

6. Bengals

7. Jacksonville

8. Minnesota

9. San Fran

10. Arizona

I didnt rank those in any order just went through it in my head. There are at least 10 teams that may very well be looking to draft a QB in the first 2 rounds. And a lot of those teams may have worse records than us.

Edited by bobobonators

Hey you better be careful what you say about Rosen. I mentioned the same thing on the college football forum & MAJBOBBY takes that kind of talk very personal. I think he is Rosen's long loss cousin.

Hey look another Call out post.

I never took anything about is play personally. Now you find me those comments about how he is a bad teammate like you claim yet?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.