TNF: Rams vs. 49ers at 8:25 PM ET on NFLN

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you must not remember Watkins. He was the most complete receiver to come out since Julio. His game has no holes. That's why he was the top player in a 2 year span on MANY teams draft boards. He runs precise routes, great hands, tracks the ball, elite speed, annhilates single coverage and has great field awareness. He doesn't dive for the marker because he runs his routes at the right depth. If he has ANY holes they are personality related apparently.

You talk a lot about his draft profile. That doesn't matter anymore. OBJ and Mike Evans from his class alone have shown more than he has. Robert Woods has shown more than him on the Rams so far this year. Again - great deep threat, just a fine receiver in other respects. He is nothing like Julio at this level. You can't tell me you watch a lot of football and make that comparison. Julio attracts double coverage on every play and it doesn't matter.

And yes his attitude and character are poor. McDermott is not the type of coach to tolerate complaining to the media about how you're being used. I'm shocked there are still people who defend that because they think the criticism wa warranted. It probably was warranted! But that's not how you handle it as a professional. It was so dumb. And he's a flat earther, I know it doesn't matter really but Jesus come on. I can't be bothered to despair over losing him.

Mostly on the Bills but some of the macro points:

- running game would struggle

- blocking scheme sucks

- receivers are bad

- defense will take big steps

- pass rush is back

- can't play without playmakers

I was expecting most of these. There is a chance that the offense can get into some groove with Shady and Tyrod leading the way, but rest assured that's just my delusion getting me through the next few weeks.

You talk a lot about his draft profile. That doesn't matter anymore. OBJ and Mike Evans from his class alone have shown more than he has. Robert Woods has shown more than him on the Rams so far this year. Again - great deep threat, just a fine receiver in other respects. He is nothing like Julio at this level. You can't tell me you watch a lot of football and make that comparison. Julio attracts double coverage on every play and it doesn't matter.

And yes his attitude and character are poor. McDermott is not the type of coach to tolerate complaining to the media about how you're being used. I'm shocked there are still people who defend that because they think the criticism wa warranted. It probably was warranted! But that's not how you handle it as a professional. It was so dumb. And he's a flat earther, I know it doesn't matter really but Jesus come on. I can't be bothered to despair over losing him.

Based on what?

TD Sammy. He and Robert are having a huge game. We should just tell our scouting Department that we're going to develop good players get them on our team and then immediately send them out to the rest of the NFL. Watching this game tonight just disgust me. McDermott may think he's young and bright but letting Sammy go for a second round pick was complete and utter stupidity.

Did he fight hard enough there?

Sammy is constantly doubled!!! Are you even being serious right now?!? He hasn't been healthy or thrown the ball. On a per target basis he ranks with the top receivers in the NFL over the last 3 years. The data is all over this message board.

He asked to be thrown the ball more. I'm glad he's gone and we can give Tolbert double digit touches each week. He won't complain about needing the ball more.

In terms of the draft profile it matters a lot because it is the most thorough evaluation (and over-evaluation) of a player. Every breath is evaluated. There were no holes in Watkins coming out. He still has none on the field. He has injury and attitude concerns.

Edited by Kirby Jackson