Bills W & Taylor >200 yards- a fun TBD bet this gloomy week

Or because TT didn't start playing since 2015?

Sad that the benchmark is TT having better than the 20th best passing attack in 2017. Also what would be better than the 29th passing attack in 2016.

That was kind of my point. The stat was Taylor made (pun intended) because someone wanted to make another poor stat for Tyrod.

My benchmark is winning football games. I don't care who the QB is. If said QB isn't good enough to help this team win then find one that can. This season is what it is and arguing about Taylor is pointless.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks, I'm not gonna root against our QB or our team.

If that's how you see this, that's fine. But it's not meant to imply that you want the Bills to lose or our QB to have a bad game.

It's for those who are as much of a Bills fan as any of the rest of us, but pretty concretely and confidently feel that this team doesn't stand a chance on Sunday OR Taylor is going to throw for less than 200 yards.

I thought that much was obvious. And I figured posters like you, Crusher, xRushx, and old school would totally be in.

All you do if you lose the bet is say positive things only about the Bills for a week if you lose the bet. Wouldn't be so hard considering your team just won and your QB probably had a decent game against a really great defense, would it? 0:)

just thought I'd drop by. not in basically because I feel the need to be able to post both positive and negative where warranted on the team/player(s) and it would be hard to refrain from that for a week, but have fun!

Fair enough and fine by me :thumbsup:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

That was kind of my point. The stat was Taylor made (pun intended) because someone wanted to make another poor stat for Tyrod.

My benchmark is winning football games. I don't care who the QB is. If said QB isn't good enough to help this team win then find one that can. This season is what it is and arguing about Taylor is pointless.

The stat was made to compare Taylor to the rest of the league. It started when TT did.

Makes sense to me.

Cordy Glenn doesn't play, this one is easy unfortunately. Tyrod has over 200 yards (if he even is able to finish) due to some late garbage passing yardage and the Bills get shellacked in a loss,

Bills L OR Taylor under 200 yards.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

I am not in because I say both positive and negative things as I see fit and I will not limit that for a useless bet, but I think we need to clear up one thing are we talking net or gross passing yards?

I unfortunately do not see the Bills winning, but I think it could come down to a last minute play again.

My concern is the argument about passing yards as I could see TT squeaking over 200 yards, but taking 5 sacks for -30 yards and having to listen to both side argue about whether he hit 200 yards especially if some how they make the play at the end for a win.

My gut right now is saying the lose and under 200 crowd is going to be doing a lot of talking just because of how active the front 7 is and how tight the back end plays for Denver. I do not think this bodes well, but Seattle was a shock so it could happen again.

Edited by Rochesterfan

I am not in because I say both positive and negative things as I see fit and I will not limit that for a useless bet, but I think we need to clear up one thing are we talking net or gross passing yards?

I unfortunately do not see the Bills winning, but I think it could come down to a last minute play again.

My concern is the argument about passing yards as I could see TT squeaking over 200 yards, but taking 5 sacks for -30 yards and having to listen to both side argue about whether he hit 200 yards especially if some how they make the play at the end for a win.

My gut right now is saying the lose and under 200 crowd is going to be doing a lot of talking just because of how active the front 7 is and how tight the back end plays for Denver. I do not think this bodes well, but Seattle was a shock so it could happen again.

Just passing yards. How many yards Taylor passes for.

If you wanted to include sack yardage then I would argue you'd also have to include scramble yardage, the positive opposite of the sack. So as much as you might be concerned that he might lose 30 yards in sacks. How much did he gain in scrambling? 40? 55? This isn't a thread for debating that issue right now, you know my feelings on it already I'm sure.

So, we are just talking about the amount of yards Taylor throws for, that's it.

Your bet is a bit tricky, and I'll tell you why. Despite having an overall record of around 0.500 with the Bills, Tyrod's record when he throws for more than 200 yards is 4-11. I'm pretty certain that Denver is going to follow Carolina's game plan and put 8-9 guys in the box on most plays to stop the run and make Taylor beat them with the pass. I do think Taylor throws for over 200 yards, but also think that's the recipe for a loss and not a win. 11-4 he is when he throws for under 200 yards and the running game and defense perform at a high level. Betting with the math here and the Broncos run defense which has allowed 104 rushing yards in their first two games combined.

I'll take a Bills "L".

Your bet is a bit tricky, and I'll tell you why. Despite having an overall record of around 0.500 with the Bills, Tyrod's record when he throws for more than 200 yards is 4-11. I'm pretty certain that Denver is going to follow Carolina's game plan and put 8-9 guys in the box on most plays to stop the run and make Taylor beat them with the pass. I do think Taylor throws for over 200 yards, but also think that's the recipe for a loss and not a win. 11-4 he is when he throws for under 200 yards and the running game and defense perform at a high level. Betting with the math here and the Broncos run defense which has allowed 104 rushing yards in their first two games combined.

I'll take a Bills "L".

I understand it's tricky. Bets are meant to be tricky, aren't they? :flirt:

I read a lot of posts here prophesizing how we're going to get our butts whooped on Sunday and Taylor isn't even going to surpass 100 yards passing.

To some of those posters, I've been trying to put out this fun little bet with what I think are kinda fun consequences.

I'm going to put this out in a thread to see if there are any takers. If there are no takers, I guess no bet. But considering how absolutely so many posters here speak about what will happen this coming Sunday, I'll be surprised if there are no takers.

It's simple, just say "I'm in for (Bills L OR Taylor under 200 yards) OR (Bills W and Taylor over 200 yards passing)"

If you bet the Bills L OR Taylor under 200 yards, but the Bills Win AND Taylor passes for over 200 yards- You agree that you won't say a single negative thing about the team as a whole, players on the team individually, coaches, etc on TBD all the way up until kickoff when we play the Falcons the following week.

If you bet the Bills W and Taylor over 200 yards, but the Bills Lose OR Taylor passes for less than 200 yards- You agree that you won't say a single positive thing about the team as a whole, players on the team, individually, coaches, etc on TBD all the way up until kickoff when we play the Falcons the following week.

No prodding or personally attacking the other side if they lose, we'll just all expect them to abide by the terms of the bet, which will only last a week.

I'm in for the Bills W and Taylor over 200 yards.

Need at least one poster to bet against that, but wouldn't this be so much more fun if all the prophets came out and really demonstrated how great they are at prophesizing? :flirt:

Updated with people in the bet @ 6:12 am Hawaiian time 0:)

W & >200 yards

transplantbillsfan

r00tabaga

Scott7975

BUFFALOKIE

goldenboy81

Marty McFly

simool

billsfan60

L OR <200 yards

The Wiz

YoloinOhio

Bangarang

GoBills808​

joesixpack

EasternOHBillsFan

MAJBobby

Luxy312

I'll bet over 200 yards and the W.

Why? Because this what the freakin Bills have done forever. Win games they aren't supposed to win and lose games they are.

Result will be 7-9 and picking #12 this year.

We will miss out on a QB yet again.

Book it.

If shutting myself up for a week is the price for a W then mark me down for L < 200. Without Sammy, Robert and Flash he'll be lucky to reach 160. I want Darnold more than any qb in the last decade. After we lose to Denv. & ATL, Peterman will be summoned.

Me too man.

Sadly, it's a pipe dream. The Jets and Niners have him wrapped up.

I'll bet over 200 yards and the W.

Why? Because this what the freakin Bills have done forever. Win games they aren't supposed to win and lose games they are.

Result will be 7-9 and picking #12 this year.

We will miss out on a QB yet again.

Book it.

Me too man.

Sadly, it's a pipe dream. The Jets and Niners have him wrapped up.

I know but one can still dream. Maybe MasonR will drop in our laps...

Had to scratch that TT thread starting itch, huh?

I'll consider it...so long as we don't factor in garbage time yards or converting runs to pass yards.

What u say?

Crusher are you in?

Clearly we aren't using garbage time yards or combined yards for rushing... based on this post sounds like you're in, no?

I've got your name down. Let me know if I should take it off :thumbsup: