Bills W & Taylor >200 yards- a fun TBD bet this gloomy week

I read a lot of posts here prophesizing how we're going to get our butts whooped on Sunday and Taylor isn't even going to surpass 100 yards passing.

To some of those posters, I've been trying to put out this fun little bet with what I think are kinda fun consequences.

I'm going to put this out in a thread to see if there are any takers. If there are no takers, I guess no bet. But considering how absolutely so many posters here speak about what will happen this coming Sunday, I'll be surprised if there are no takers.

It's simple, just say "I'm in for (Bills L OR Taylor under 200 yards) OR (Bills W and Taylor over 200 yards passing)"

If you bet the Bills L OR Taylor under 200 yards, but the Bills Win AND Taylor passes for over 200 yards- You agree that you won't say a single negative thing about the team as a whole, players on the team individually, coaches, etc on TBD all the way up until kickoff when we play the Falcons the following week.

If you bet the Bills W and Taylor over 200 yards, but the Bills Lose OR Taylor passes for less than 200 yards- You agree that you won't say a single positive thing about the team as a whole, players on the team, individually, coaches, etc on TBD all the way up until kickoff when we play the Falcons the following week.

No prodding or personally attacking the other side if they lose, we'll just all expect them to abide by the terms of the bet, which will only last a week.

I'm in for the Bills W and Taylor over 200 yards.

Need at least one poster to bet against that, but wouldn't this be so much more fun if all the prophets came out and really demonstrated how great they are at prophesizing? :flirt:

Updated with people in the bet @ 8:17 am Hawaiian time 0:)

W & >200 yards

transplantbillsfan

r00tabaga

Scott7975

BUFFALOKIE

goldenboy81

Marty McFly

NewMexBills

JerseyBills

simool

billsfan60

​McBean

L OR <200 yards

The Wiz

YoloinOhio

Bangarang

GoBills808​

joesixpack

EasternOHBillsFan

MAJBobby

Luxy312

LABILLBACKER

FadingPain

Real McCoy

Crusher

ndirish1978

old school

Edited by transplantbillsfan

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in for Bills L and Taylor under 100 yards

I'm not rooting for that though, and I don't really say much negative stuff to begin with so

:thumbsup:

you just need either a L OR Taylor under 200 yards.

No worries. Wasn't accusing you of anything.

I don't get this. I don't think Tyrod is good enough and has some high school passing games. But I want him to do well and would not root against him.

You don't have to root against him. If you think he won't, you losing is simply that you have to talk positively about everything Billsy for one week.

Is that really so hard?

I read a lot of posts here prophesizing how we're going to get our butts whooped on Sunday and Taylor isn't even going to surpass 100 yards passing.

To some of those posters, I've been trying to put out this fun little bet with what I think are kinda fun consequences.

I'm going to put this out in a thread to see if there are any takers. If there are no takers, I guess no bet. But considering how absolutely so many posters here speak about what will happen this coming Sunday, I'll be surprised if there are no takers.

It's simple, just say "I'm in for (Bills L OR Taylor under 200 yards) OR (Bills W and Taylor over 200 yards passing)"

If you bet the Bills L OR Taylor under 200 yards, but the Bills Win AND Taylor passes for over 200 yards- You agree that you won't say a single negative thing about the team as a whole, players on the team individually, coaches, etc on TBD all the way up until kickoff when we play the Falcons the following week.

If you bet the Bills W and Taylor over 200 yards, but the Bills Lose OR Taylor passes for less than 200 yards- You agree that you won't say a single positive thing about the team as a whole, players on the team, individually, coaches, etc on TBD all the way up until kickoff when we play the Falcons the following week.

No prodding or personally attacking the other side if they lose, we'll just all expect them to abide by the terms of the bet, which will only last a week.

I'm in for the Bills W and Taylor over 200 yards.

Need at least one poster to bet against that, but wouldn't this be so much more fun if all the prophets came out and really demonstrated how great they are at prophesizing? :flirt:

Tyrod is going to be in MNF mode like he was against the Seahawks last season.

:thumbsup:

you just need either a L OR Taylor under 200 yards.

No worries. Wasn't accusing you of anything.

You don't have to root against him. If you think he won't, you losing is simply that you have to talk positively about everything Billsy for one week.

Is that really so hard?

oops I meant 200 yards. Freudian slip on the 100 haha

Since Tyrod Taylor joined the Bills in 2015, no QB in the league has more games with fewer than 200 passing yards (16)

And the fewest passing attempts because they are a heavy run oriented team. More so now with the severe lack of talent at WR.

So its a Bills loss OR Taylor under 200? Ugh. but there could be so many good discussions about Poyer or Hughes or something. I wouldnt be able to speak about it =(

Since Tyrod Taylor joined the Bills in 2015, no QB in the league has more games with fewer than 200 passing yards (16)

You know why its since 2015? Because Wilson has 28 of them since 2012. 23 of them coming in his first 3 years. 2 of them this year so far.

Edited by Scott7975

I'm in for Bills L and Taylor under 100 yards

I'm not rooting for that though, and I don't really say much negative stuff to begin with so

so, you agree to silence any negative thoughts/posts for one week if you are wrong?

I love this thread. Make it a poll, to be concise.

My question is: What if I think we WIN yet tyrod throws for LESS THAN 200 yards?

I'm in on the WIN AND 200 nonetheless. No skin off by back if I'm wrong.

Go Bills.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

so, you agree to silence any negative thoughts/posts for one week if you are wrong?

I love this thread. Make it a poll, to be concise.

My question is: What if I think we WIN yet tyrod throws for LESS THAN 200 yards?

I'm in on the WIN AND 200 nonetheless. No skin off by back if I'm wrong.

Go Bills.

yes I agree

I have a feeling that you will get a lot more positive bets than negative. Those NNN guys couldnt imagine a week without complaining, and if us positive folks shut up for a week....who would they argue with!?

Had to scratch that TT thread starting itch, huh?

I'll consider it...so long as we don't factor in garbage time yards or converting runs to pass yards.

What u say?

Don't be a kitty. Terms are set. Make your bet. Edited by BUFFALOKIE

I don't get this. I don't think Tyrod is good enough and has some high school passing games. But I want him to do well and would not root against him.

The question is not whether yo are rooting for/against anyone or the team. It is a bet, a simple low stakes bet, of your PREDICTION.

So its a Bills loss OR Taylor under 200? Ugh. but there could be so many good discussions about Poyer or Hughes or something. I wouldnt be able to speak about it =(

You know why its since 2015? Because Wilson has 28 of them since 2012. 23 of them coming in his first 3 years. 2 of them this year so far.

I know, man, I'm sorry.

I originally just made it "Bills W" vs. "Bills L," but then I knew we might have a stellar defensive game.

So much of the talk has been about Taylor this week, figured I should involve him in the bet, which really favors all of those doom and gloomers since I've got 2 criteria to meet and they only have 1.